The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Clickbank

dave1190

affiliate
Hello,

I am new to affiliate marketing and have recently bought the Rapid Mass Traffic course. Following this course I set up an account with Leadimpact for my paid 'Contextual' traffic and began promoting a product from Clickbank. In two days the product produced over 7000 hits. The problem is that it has not produced one sale.

I targeted my market by the use of keywords specific to the product. I checked that my affiliate link was copied correctly.

Could it be that Clickbank products do not accept Contextual traffic?

Can anyone comment on why I have not received any sales?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Not sure if they allow it BUT contextual traffic = stealing from other webmasters and affiliates in my book, so I strongly recommend against it. Plus that kind of traffic typically converts very poorly.

Thank you Linda, I have only been learning affiliate marketing for a week. Would you be so kind as to give me some ideas on obtaining alternatives to contextual and where to get it?
I did not mention that I am using direct linking to the product site and not using a web site.
I really would like to replace my job by doing affiliate marketing and would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks,
Dave

Oh direct linking with contextual usually means even worse conversions.

Well really Dave, if you've only been at this for a week I feel strongly that stopping to learn a little more of the basics before you spend another dime is important. My guess is you don't know enough yet to know how to tell if an offer converts and good chance you may not even be in the right niche, which is key to getting off to a good solid start.

I would read some of the stickies in our newbie forum, then the stickies in the niche forum, just to get a good quick basic understanding. Then start a new thread after that telling us where you think you want to go and asking any specific questions. Ask questions along the way too as you read the stickies. We're here to help!

Dave ,try not to get too caught up in the hype of making too much too quickly.That is a mistake a lot of affiliate marketers make. Give it some time and learn the basics and you will be well on your way to start earning online. You have to put in hard work and set realistic targets or goals first. As you achieve these goals then you can move on to higher goals. I am sure once you learn the basics with time you will be successful.

Thanks mariosti. I have googles affiliate marketing and there seems absolutely lots of stuff to get through and I have felt myself getting bogged down in it all (eg confused by all the hype). There seems so much to take in that it has been a little overwhelming but i am determined to progress with this. It does seem a good business to be in and I am looking forward to making my first sale. Thanks

Dave, search engine optimization, that's the key. Traffic that you pay for views your website once and they are gone. With good SE, your site keeps popping up when they search for whatever it is you are marketing. Means recurrent views. Means better chance of a sale

Sometimes it's best to choose a product with Higher Gravity.

But, since you said that you got 7000 Hits in 2 days, maybe the product is a good product and a lot of people are looking for it.

The question is: do you know what keywords your visitors use?
and do you know where they are coming from?

Remember this, Not All Keywords = Sale

Maybe you should check your Website Log to find out how you get those Hits, and what keywords your visitors use in the first place to get there?

If everything is looking good, you should consider masking your Affiliate Link instead...

Hi Niche, I feel a little nieve saying this, but I do not even know what search engine optimization is or means or how to achieve it, but is sure does sound better than paying for traffic.

Web Dev, the product I was promoting was World of Warcraft guide (WoW schools) from clickbank. All I basically did was take the key words from the site (eg Warcraft, schools etc) and put them in my LeadImpact traffic source. I do not have a web site but use Direct Linking with an affiliate link from clickbank.

I don't know how to find out what keywords the visitors are using or where they are comming from unfortunately. I am a total neubie just starting out.

Thanks for your replies guys.

MI
Back