The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Clickbank Conversion Problem?

shi1haz

affiliate
I started studying IM this year, so I am a newbie. First few days on clickbank, sold 3 reversephonedetectives and 3 earth4energy thru Google Adwords, but CPC was too high. Paused both campaigns.

Moved phone campaign to Adcenter.microsoft.com, but getting almost zero impressions and thus clicks.

Added phone campaign to Looksmart, both content and search, got 3000 impressions in 2 days, but only 1 sale. Checked with phone affiliate manager, and he had no suggestions to explain my extremely low conversions...

I'm thinking either click fraud, or extremely poor tracking, or theft by clickbank or reversephonedective. This item has highest gravity of all cb items. One conversion from 3000 clicks does not seem right???

My keywords/ads/campaign is extremely targeted, including dynamics.

Any comments or suggestions???

Thanks to the forum,
Jim

Hi Jim this does not seem to fit in the " How Much you earn permonth on CJ" thread
so I'll start a new post in the newbie forum.

Sounds like poor tracking to me. Clickbank is a decent network, but some of the vendors are crafty. Check out the landing page and be sure it isn't cookie stuffing.

Sending adwords traffic directly to affiliate links can be a little tricky. You really need to be clued up on adwords to make this work. I think it's still called the google cash method. I may be wrong there.
What I do with clickbank products is promote them through my websites. I generate free traffic to those sites using SEO, social networking, article marketing. It works fine and costs me no money.

Perhaps you could consider this

If you wish to stick with adwords, then you have to do a couple of things
Test. Test your ads by running two versions and seeing which works best
Cap your daily budget

Good luck

Don't be so quick to blame Clickbank. If you're direct linking then it could be any of a number of variables.

It could be your keywords. It could be that your ads are not connecting with the audience enough for them to want the product ie. not enough preselling. Niche above suggested what you really should be doing, preselling to your audience through landing pages instead of linking directly to the vendor page.

Another thing is that some PPC networks traffic converts better than others. Personally, I wouldn't go outside the big 3 networks - Google, Yahoo and MSN since traffic outside of these networks are usually of very low quality. If you want to however use the smaller PPC networks make sure you're doing well on either of the Big 3.

Jay

banners
Back