The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Cj (Commission Junction) + Voluum

Hello Fixers,

Anybody have experience with this relationship?

I searched google and many forums but I could not find nothing relevant.

Just mention: SID

PD: Any representative of Voluum to clarify this, please

Here you go, found this at SugarRae.

Commission Junction calls their sub campaign tracking an “SID” which stands for Site ID. And in my opinion, they definitely make it the easiest of all the networks to figure out how to add it.
Adding a SID to a CJ Link

Find the link you want to use and click Get HTML code or Get JavaScript. Choose the website you wish to use the link on from the Web Site dropdown and then in the SID box, put whatever SID code you wish to. (for example, I might use “SIDEBAR” to denote it was a link that would appear in that site’s sidebar). Click Update Link Code after you’ve entered the desired SID in the box and the “wizard” will add your SID to the link for you.
Now, you don’t need to use the wizard to add an SID to your CJ link, but I find for new affiliates, creating new links, you might as well. But let’s say you wish to update CJ affiliate links currently on your site that you’ve already generated.
Simply take your current CJ affiliate link and add ?sid=YOURSID at the end of it:
http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-1111111-11111111?sid=WHATEVERYOUWANT
Commission Junction will automatically begin tracking that SID once it’s been clicked on and start showing it in your reports.
Viewing your CJ SID stats

While CJ makes it easy to add an SID, a decent reporting interface showing the stats for them is another issue. The only way I can see to view them is via the “Commission Detail” screen or report. To run a Commission Detail Report you need to go to Run Reports > Transaction Reports > Report Options and run a Commission Detail Report under “Select Report Type” and the when the “Filter Results By” section updates, you can choose to change the “Order By” drop down bar to Order By: SID and click Generate Report.
If you want grand totals for each SID or other aggregate totals, you’ll need to download the report and do it via excel.
About CJ SID limitations

• The SID can be up to 64 characters, and may include spaces.
  • If spaces, commas, periods or @ symbols are used in the SID, they must be URL-encoded (e.g., %20 for a space, %40 for a @, %2E for a comma).
  • The following characters are illegal and cannot be used in the SID: ” / < > ? \ | * : ‘ “
  • Do not set the SID value to 0 (zero).

tjtutor said:
Here you go, found this at SugarRae.

Thanks for the info Tj

So basically they dont use postback, just link tokens right?

and for example my link will looks like this
domain.com/click-7556691-11505462?sid={clickid}&MoreTokens={moretokens}

or

domain.com/click-7556691-11505460?sid=%7Bclickid%7D
because when i insert {clickid} the system transform the link in this way

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the info Tj

So basically they dont use postback, just link tokens right?

and for example my link will looks like this
domain.com/click-7556691-11505462?sid={clickid}&MoreTokens={moretokens}

or

domain.com/click-7556691-11505460?sid=%7Bclickid%7D
because when i insert {clickid} the system transform the link in this way

Thanks in advance

That's correct. I'm impressed to see how super large affiliate networks like CJ, JVZ and Clickbank still use SUBIDs only without tracking pixels or postback URLs...

They make split testing and optimization far more difficult as you need to divide your campaigns every time you want to optimize.

MI
Back