The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Check Out These Insane Stats From Dntx Traffic

windycity

affiliate
Hi Guys,

This is my first post in the Dojo as I just joined yesterday.

My background is affiliate marketing since 1998 (and corporate seo), so I have sites set up with affiliate offers that get traffic. And I have seen and analyzed every pattern of behavior imaginable with visitors. But this stuff takes the cake...

I never tried buying domain redirects, and decided to test Dntx traffic on an existing website that gets a nice CTR% (about 30% CTR), an average Bounce Rate of about 30%, and an average of 2.2 actions per customer.

So I bought some Dntx redirects (they call them zero-clicks), and targeted them by keywords to match my website. I was able to buy the same keywords where I compete, so I was excited to see what would happen with this traffic - basically, would it behave like normal traffic? Anyway, this was running for the past 6 hours, and I have some data.

I'm going to warn you because these stats are off the hook. The bottom line - no conversions. That doesn't faze me. I expected zero conversions. I just wanted to see what these visitors did, and thought it was a cool test because I could actually *see* what the visitors did, and get some metrics:

image.png

So I have 144 clicks at Dntx, and that roughly jives with my traffic at the website (its early morning so real traffic is very low at this time):

image.png

Wow (ahem!), I have a 5% bounce rate with this traffic - it may be the lowest of any website on the internet, ROFL. Check out the # of actions - I usually average one or two actions per visitor (like clicking on an offer or an interior page).

These visitors average 4 actions per visit!! And they spent an average of 5 minutes! on a site that usually has a dwell time of 1:30 - 2:00 minutes. And look at those clicks! Those 144 visitors clicked on 350 offers!!! This is hysterical.

Here's the real story. The actual clicks - as registered on the vendor's affiliate partners - was only 25 clicks. So whatever these 'visitors' are doing, it is resulting in Clicky picking up the 'clicks' (354 of them), but the real number of clicks that are registered is 25. Hmmmmm. Never had that issue ever in 16 years of websites.

These visitors loved my site so much that they clicked on my disclosure page, my disclaimer, my privacy....

image.png

And if you think that these visitors really love my disclosure page, check out how long these visitors stayed on my disclosure page:

image.png

Wow - No one bounced off this page. I have been told that I write one helluva disclosure, but these stats are so beyond normal that I don't have a word for it. An average of 6 minutes on the disclosure page! Really?

Fellas, I'm an SEO guy, not a PPC guy. I am so glad I checked out the traffic first before I sent this blindly to an offer. At least I had a chance to view the metrics on this traffic - something I never could have done if I sent it straight to the offer.

I'm not making any snap judgments or accusations here. I know a company could not stay in business this long if it was all bots. But come on!

This traffic reminds me of crowdsearch.me - a service where you pay people to find your website in the SERPs, click on it, and hang out for a while. Google picks up on the dwell time and low bounce rate, and then increases your rankings, as the story goes.

One thing I am not is some WaFo member screaming scam, bots, etc. Been around too long to cry wolf. But this activity is not right. Just wondering what you guys think.

Many thanks! (sorry for the long post)

Hey Brandon, you might have read it the wrong way. I was being incredibly sarcastic. I don't know if these visitors are humans because they aren't acting anything like a normal visitor. All the metrics are way too good, not to mention illogical.

Yeah looks like bot traffic to me!

Have you called them out on it?

Can you blacklist the traffic?

Hey Oliver, thanks for the reply. I was trying really hard not to do that as I am sure they are a member here. I didn't want to come off as the typical idiot screaming bots.

That said, I am 100% convinced it is bots. And if I have to tell a vendor please don't send me bots, then I don't see the point in having a relationship. It was only a $50 deposit. I guess it is a small price to pay to know someone should be crossed off the list.

Honestly, if I didn't send this type of traffic to one of my websites where I have tracking (and instead just did a direct link to an offer), I could have never figured out. I guess in hindsight I was really lucky to try this method first.

No point in a blacklist really as I couldn't find one visitor that didn't spend at least five minutes and click on all my offers, ROFL.

banners
Back