The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Case Study on the effects of Adding 500 Twitter Followers

shakemelikeapig

affiliate
A few months ago I started a new twitter account with real, quality content and I used tweetadder to follow 30 or so people a day who were followers of a very similar (but much more popular) feed. I would only get a few new followers a day using this method but I did it for a while until I got to 300 followers (while doing the follow, wait one week unfollow routine).

A few weeks ago I bought a Fiverr gig adding 500 twitter followers to my account. I knew they would all be fake but I wanted to see if people were more likely to follow an account with 800 followers than 300. After a few weeks I'm comfortable declaring the answer as 100% yes.

Since I've done this my slow days have still been 12-15 followers (double my previous rate) and I'm well over 1,000. From now on I'll give all my new twitter accounts a bump like this.

I know for a lot of you guys you do the mass follow by the 100s or 1000s but if you have an account you're trying to build and protect, this may give you a boost.

Do you get 500 in one day? Cause don't Twitter flag this sort of activity?

Sounds good tho man, are you seeing much traffic from your tweets yet?

One tip, instead of asking for those followers that might be bots do it this way: go to http://www.twellow.com/, find people in your niche with less than 20K followers, follow them and they will generally follow you back. On a bad day 40% follow you back, in a good day 80%. You can easilly follow like 500 people in 30/40 mins IMO.

In this case, I use twiends.com. It will give credit when you follow them, then spend it to follow you back. And after that, I unfollow the ones that don't follow me back. =)

A few weeks ago I bought a Fiverr gig adding 500 twitter followers to my account. I knew they would all be fake but I wanted to see if people were more likely to follow an account with 800 followers than 300. After a few weeks I'm comfortable declaring the answer as 100% yes.

Since I've done this my slow days have still been 12-15 followers (double my previous rate) and I'm well over 1,000. From now on I'll give all my new twitter accounts a bump like this.

SO do you promote products through Tweets and if you do what is the conversion like?

30k followers for $27 is so cheap. But is it necessary to add that much bots. I don't bother

Very nice case study you keep posting to this thread and let us know if any conversions come in from any of your tweets

Buying followers usually has little value. I know Tyler has been spending a lot of much on Twiends trying to get followers, but I don't really see the value:
How I Gained 25,000 Real Twitter Followers | TylerCruz.com: An Internet Entrepreneur’s Journey

I have a side project where I am building a follower base by following people who follow similar accounts in my niche. That seems to work pretty well, but it takes a lot longer than just buying followers. Of course, they're much more engaged then some crappy bots :)

Buying followers usually has little value. I know Tyler has been spending a lot of much on Twiends trying to get followers, but I don't really see the value:
How I Gained 25,000 Real Twitter Followers | TylerCruz.com: An Internet Entrepreneur’s Journey

I have a side project where I am building a follower base by following people who follow similar accounts in my niche. That seems to work pretty well, but it takes a lot longer than just buying followers. Of course, they're much more engaged then some crappy bots :)
I just think Tylers way is a quicker and faster way of doing it, although i tend to see at least 30% of the people who follow you, then unfollow you within a month.

banners
Back