The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Can Twitter Really Generate Good Traffic Flow?

Bottom line is Twitter is a means to bringing a lot of traffic. It's all a matter of frequency and compelling content on the other end once you get someone to click on that link.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the tools that you use for your Twitter?
if you don't mind sharing...

Hi,

Since I started using it with a help of a couple tools I have seen a steady increase in the traffic to my site and not only that I have seen a increase in the number of sign ups to my primary program as well.

Haven't spent much time on Twitter.

Maybe I will give it a closer look. Lately I have even seen TV spots for it.

Jack

Twitter is an excellent tool for driving traffic but requires a lot of followers. Unfortunately people end up getting unfollowed because they spam their followers constantly promoting their own site or products. They don't understand that 99% of your tweets need to be about random, everyday, interesting stuff not associated with your product. And then maybe 1 in every 100-200 tweets you promote your own stuff.

Twitter can rock your socks off!

I recently got a twitter account, and by using a couple of tools that integrate all of my social networking accounts, Twitter alone pushed over 175 views to my site yesterday! The key is to have a bunch of followers. PM me and I'll tell you how to do that. I went from 29 followers on Monday to over 400 as of today.

Twitter ROCKS! I started an account, went from 29 followers to now over 400 in a couple of days. Did a couple Tweets and, yummy traffic to the tune of over 600 to a brand new site! :p

I would really like to find these tools!

I see that everyone has some sort of tool they are using that seems to be automated in some form or fashion. I would like to learn these techniques grasshopper.. I have been using Twitter for sometime and only generate a possible .5% of traffic with over 100 followers. Of course I tweet manually.

Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I find that most of my followers are marketers just as I am. This gets absolutely nowhere. They are all posting product ads and to me; I doubt that anyone, except for a small few, even look at the posts.

I could be wrong, so I would like to try another method. Any takers?:)

I find that most of my followers are marketers just as I am. This gets absolutely nowhere. They are all posting product ads and to me; I doubt that anyone, except for a small few, even look at the posts.

That's a chronic problem, I think, and what's misleading about traffic stats.

I used to make that argument when directories were all the rage and people were marvelling about how much traffic certain pay-for-inclusion general directories were getting. There was a time early in the history of the net when search engines were in their infancy and people actually used directories to find information and services. But that hasn't been true for more than a decade now. So who were all those people going to those paid directories and buying listings? Webmasters, usually owners of other directories, looking at the competition and buying listings for PageRank. (Google eventually killed that, of course.)

The point is that Twitter followers, Facebook fans, etc., etc., and all other social networking sites suffer from the same limitations. Who watches all those YouTube videos affiliate marketers create? (1) People trying to learn about affiliate marketing, the same market as the market for ebooks; and (2) people looking at the competition to see how to make videos to sell their products.

When regular everyday people go to YouTube, they are looking for music videos, comedy videos, blooper videos, etc. - in other words entertainment. A smaller group surfs for education. Who is searching for products? Probably no one.

Thanks Minstrel,
That is exactly where I'm going with this, I mean - If a person like John Reese drops a twitter account with over 25000 followers, someone is blowing some type of smoke.

I even tried a test. "Free digital marketing products for instant download, no sign ups, no opt in forms!" and the link. Not one person even clicked to just look.

They aren't reading the posts. They all have some type of automated tool that tweets for them. I have one guy on there that tweets every 5 minutes with a fresh quote from some philosopher, never anything in his own words. lol.. Anyway, thanks for the post. It really hit the nail on the head.

I guess you answered your own question :)
I have around 350.000 impressions /clicks with only one affiliate program via Twitter.

I use some automated Twitter options, but other than that I really don't pay too much attention to it anymore. I think more people submit content to twitter than actually use content from twitter

Can some of you share the methods and tools that actually help increase traffic? I've got the auto feeds for article links that tweet but don't really see any traffic from Twitter.

I'm sure it works and would like to get some traffic from the tweet...

I have a simple twitter account and I use it to promote my latest articles on my blog. I'm pretty satisfied with it, as twitter is now my 3rd traffic source, after google and facebook.

banners
Back