The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Can only get profits on OutBrain, why?

gnr5

Hello,

I've been doing Native ad arbitrage with Adsense. I've been using on Outbrain with about a 40% profit margin and about a 5% CTR on Adsense.

I've tried the same article on Mgid, Taboola, RevContent, Facebook, and more recently Adcash and their traffic doesn't come EVEN CLOSE to those results, I'm usually -80% on profit and about .5% CTR on Adsense.

Any ideas???

Run with the winner and try to scale it up. 40% ROI cash-on-cash is very good -- run with it until it no longer works.
Without traffic detail how could anyone give other that some subjective opinion?

Yup that's what I've been doing, I scaled it completely on Outbrain. When I first started running on outbrain without any specific targeting I was getting like 1% CTR, but with the other networks it has been impossible to get any decent clicks to start scaling. It basically appears like users have Adblocking on or just bot traffic but I want to believe this is not true.

What traffic details should I provide so I can get more help? Thanks!

I can get the logs, what exactly should I start looking for? I've been testing with just one article, one landing page, so it should be easy to track.

The problem with bot traffic is that the networks charge by the "click", so yes I can block the bot but on the network side I'm already charged.

What does you're script do, and can I see use it :) . ?

server logs ;)
You need real data ...
I have a script that can check a very long IP list in a .csv format however the IPs need to be sorted logically in some manner.
How many hits(ads)? How many networks?
I am always interested in flagging bot and ad network issues -- I think it is to everyones benefit.

It could be your competitor(s) too? There would be some crossover of IPs (even if they are VPN/proxy/tor). Most networks *should* block these. Assuming the traffic conditions are similar and the landing page has the same offer -- the results should be similar +-30% maybe?

It basically appears like users have Adblocking on or just bot traffic but I want to believe this is not true.
mainstream adblocking is 15% percent average
With the recent Chrome updates that disabled some ad blockers the percentage may have actually decreased **

Last edited:
can I see your landing pages :)
What's in it for me?

You can know why you are getting shafted (perhaps) and avoid it ...

Hello,

I've been doing Native ad arbitrage with Adsense. I've been using on Outbrain with about a 40% profit margin and about a 5% CTR on Adsense.

I've tried the same article on Mgid, Taboola, RevContent, Facebook, and more recently Adcash and their traffic doesn't come EVEN CLOSE to those results, I'm usually -80% on profit and about .5% CTR on Adsense.

Any ideas???
You have to focus on the network where you are having positive rtesult, no need to bother and waste more time and resource with those who aren't bringing that much, scale it as much as you can, till it stops paying off!

Hello,

Any ideas???
Remember this good dude,the success you got even in one field , no matter if it's a small as what, will always be more important than anything, so scale this till the sky!

I can get the logs, what exactly should I start looking for? I've been testing with just one article, one landing page, so it should be easy to track.

The problem with bot traffic is that the networks charge by the "click", so yes I can block the bot but on the network side I'm already charged.

What does you're script do, and can I see use it :) . ?

I am just curious,
But seriously ...

You have server log access to your landing page -- but the ad campaigns? I usually use some code for the landing page so I know what ad campaign the click came from -- did you do that? Like ?key=value or ...
Do you have a way to sort is what I am saying?

i doing arbitrage and my ROI 100% sometimes 150%
using fb ads + adsense
i try many times native ads ( revcontent , Mgid ) but didn't used Outbrain

Hey there,

don't know if you are still looking for an alternative but I'll give it a try.
I'm Beatrice from RUNative.
To give you a quick introduction, we are a Native Ad-Network who provides advertising services to both advertisers and publishers all over the world.

We also have arbitrage websites, a lot of publishers have been making profit with us. Most of them are seeing an overall uplift in revenue and unlike many other networks out there, we pay on a weekly basis!

Would you be interested in getting to know more about RUNative?
Send me a private message! ;)

Thanks,
Beatrice

if you know how to use a bash script ...

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#-vx
file=list2.csv
for line in $(cat $file)  ; do

echo -n $line,
resolveip  $line >> resolvedips.csv

#sleep 1

done < ${file}

this can give you a rough idea

Hello,

Any ideas???

Outbrain has WAY WAY better quality traffic than RevC, MGID and even Taboola. Thats the simpler reason its working better on Outbrain.

I have never seen anyone make this profitable so it is interesting.

count

$ grep -c 'utm_(your code here)' /path/access.log

sort
$ grep 'utm_(your code here)' /path/access.log > file-raw-utm_(your code here)__$(date "+%Y.%m.%d").csv

banners
Back