The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Can Bing Surpass Google?

There is also the psychological factor to consider. Google is perceived as the industry leader of search engines, and this has been true for a long time.

The mere fact that Google has become a verb speaks volumes as well. Look at the parallels in other industries; we don't "send" an overnight package, we "FedEx" it. In that same manner Google equals online searching -- we don't "search online," we just "Google."

Regardless of the improvements and optimizations Bing may develop, winning over the user who is used to "Googling" will be a huge, huge challenge for Bing. Their TV ads, while clever, will not do it.

I don't see that as too much of a factor. I say "searching online" all the time and to be honest the only people who are unable to separate the different actions in my experience are very old or inexperienced internet users.

I think the real difficulty will be making a search engine that is so much better than Google at finding what you want that users will be willing to go out of their way to use an alternative search engine in combination with their Gmail/YouTube account, Chrome browser, Android operating system and variety of other Google products that are bound to keep coming out.

I don't think Bing will ever catch up on Google. Microsoft could not keep up with Apple either. Google is the leading search engine and their browser Chrome is fast becoming number one. Internet Explorer just plain sucks and if people will use Chrome as their brower, I don't see any reason for them to type in Bing instead of Google.

I don't see that as too much of a factor. I say "searching online" all the time and to be honest the only people who are unable to separate the different actions in my experience are very old or inexperienced internet users.

I think the real difficulty will be making a search engine that is so much better than Google at finding what you want that users will be willing to go out of their way to use an alternative search engine in combination with their Gmail/YouTube account, Chrome browser, Android operating system and variety of other Google products that are bound to keep coming out.

I totally agree with crazycroc. If there's a search engine that's able to perform better than Google as well as replace the other awesome products that they provide then that search engine would be the next leader. Bing has a lot catching up to do because the products and services that Google provides are generally quite good. Bing is controlled by Microsoft as well as Hotmail. I remember I had a hotmail account and I didn't know what happened but I lost everything. I opened a gmail account to replace that one. I still have the gmail account until this day. I opened another gmail account and had some issues with that one. I was able to get that one sorted out as well and I still have that gmail. From the hotmail incident, I'm always hesitant of trying anything online product of Microsoft. Even their internet browser is not up to the level of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

With this popularity, I personally do see Bing with the prospective to pull rank. Even so, I as well see Google as a fiend search engine. Google is extremely a vast corporation. For instance, just see their stock prices actually logical. Google also has a bushel of many other services as you can see. Look at the magnificent navigation software, mobile operation system, operating system really wonderful… Lo! Not only this look at the mighty Google search engine.its popularity… though I have mentioned something like potentiality here in order for Bing to surpass Google I think they will need lots of new features, cataloging and persistence……meaning…some decades of evolution.

Hopefully not, I'm a G00gle fan boy. I love all of their products and when I've had to search on Bing it hasn't given me the best results. I do like Microsoft so it's nothing against them, it's just I'm more than happy with Google and I think they are and will remain the leaders in web search and development.

There is a possibility once people get fed up of Google trying to comtrol everything. before google came along there was Yahoo and no one ever thought they would be one day surpassed. There have been many giants in the different fields that are connected with the internet that have been surpassed by others so it isn't totally impossible. It may take a very long time though if it were to happen at all.

I totally agree with crazycroc. If there's a search engine that's able to perform better than Google as well as replace the other awesome products that they provide then that search engine would be the next leader. Bing has a lot catching up to do because the products and services that Google provides are generally quite good. Bing is controlled by Microsoft as well as Hotmail. I remember I had a hotmail account and I didn't know what happened but I lost everything. I opened a gmail account to replace that one. I still have the gmail account until this day. I opened another gmail account and had some issues with that one. I was able to get that one sorted out as well and I still have that gmail. From the hotmail incident, I'm always hesitant of trying anything online product of Microsoft. Even their internet browser is not up to the level of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what direction Microsoft will take now that Steve Ballmer is stepping down. Microsoft recently bought Skype to replace their retired MSN messenger, hotmail is still one of the most popular email providers so they are not starting entirely from scratch and of course there's integration with Windows itself. There are also a lot of people who are unhappy with YouTube so I can see someone taking a big share of the market if they can come up with the right competitor.

I don't know anything about Bing but surely I don't think it can surpass Google...because Google is like a monster

I use Google tools and Bing Webmaster Tools and both are quite good for analytics.

Can Bing ever surpass Google, I can't imagine it but I''m really surprised studying my search traffic results for 14 sites that Bing searches to arrive at my sites is excellent and on any given day surpasses Google. Even Yahoo has its good days as far as people using the search boxes, most likely because so many people go to Yahoo because of mail service. I can't stand Yahoo personally.

So it's a tough call but Google has a solid lead and dominance and most likely won't be losing its position in the near future. Bings latest ads concerning Google encroachment on your privacy and ads on your email are quite good and may have moderate influence on gaining ground.

Currently I dont think so. Google dominates almost everything and provides mostly what an IM needs.

But we may never know. Google may dominate it this time and some other company will in the future unless Google has planned well for the future which they usually have.

Bing would have to bring alot more to the table than just being a good search engine. Google has the search engine wrapped up with gmail, g+, Youtube, Google Chrome and Blogger. I don't see Bing being able to compete unless they begin bringing more than just a search option to the users. I will be the first to admit that I like the Bing searches over Google for the quality of how it is all displayed but Google is just so much more convenient for me because it is all tied in with the network I am already using.... Google Chrome browser, Youtube, Blogger... etc.
I personally agree with you that in order for Bing to surpass Google they need more than I will call a full time control and management to improve their tools, strategies and platform. Sincerely if we were to compare Bing and Google, Bing is a mile behind hence they need to really toil to provide better services.

Bing does not have anything on Google! Google is always coming up with new ways to improve their sites. When I seen the commercial about people choosing Bing over Google, I did not believe those people were real; they had to have been paid. I compared the two search engines on my own and did not like my results from Bing.

I highly doubt it. Before their partnership with Yahoo several years ago over Paid Search, they were previously only in the single digits in terms of market share - a distant third behind Yahoo and Google with their paid search platform. When they took over Yahoo's paid search listings they only then climbed to double digits but they are still far behind Google. They have decent technology, which is something Yahoo was lacking (Panama sucked), but Yahoo seems to be able to do a better job at driving traffic. Also, MSN just got rid of all their writers for the MSN.com portal - so there will be no new original content coming from it.

What's wrong with both of them co-existing? I don't see the need to "surpass" something just to prove you are the better one at what you did. There's always a market for everything. Users stick to Bing because they find Bing to be the one which suits their needs more, and those sticking to Google will most likely have the same reason as well. Sometimes it's just a matter of preference I guess. It's like the answer to "Are oranges better? Or apples?", there's will always be people who prefers Bing, and people who prefers Google.

Yes, agreed that today, Google is the colossal emperor out there and for almost everything you need google. But that said, I dont buy the idea that it will reign supreme for all times to come. Not sure when, but I am hopeful things would change. But for now, google is the Ruler and it is difficult to beat it out.

banners
Back