The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Building lists

D

debdix

Hi!
Can someone answer a really silly question?
I am relatively new to affiliate marketing, and what I want to know is, how do you get downlines (contact lists) I would like to know how you get the names of people to send mass emails to. I notice that I do get a lot of emails,most of them from fellow traffic exchangers etc and all of them have my name. This is what I want to do.
I hope this made sense!

Hi all! I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the people who replied to my previous post about getting lists. I have a better idea now of which way to go with this. So thanks again.
I realise that my main problem is not having any money. Or at least, no money that I would be willing to risk, until I begin to get an income. I know this sounds crazy, but I am only receiving a pension and every cent is accounted for. Hopefully, if I am consistent and patient, this will change soon! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know you need to buy your lists, the other way is to make a great deal on your site through a sign up box, that is data capture.

Hi!
I am relatively new to affiliate marketing, and what I want to know is, how do you get downlines (contact lists) I would like to know how you get the names of people to send mass emails to. I notice that I do get a lot of emails,most of them from fellow traffic exchangers etc and all of them have my name. This is what I want to do.
I hope this made sense!

Why on earth would you want to pay for a list of email addresses that are going to end up in the SPAM or trash folders?

I so wanted to say something like that too. Traffic exchanges and that type of email game is so 90s and even when it was in vogue, no one read them. It's just a bunch of marketers pushing ads at each other.

Take some time and read the stickies in our newbie forum and see if a higher level of affiliate marketing is something that interests you. There is money to be made that does not require "downlines" and traffic exchanges.

Get a sign up form on your website and use the information about your readers to do your email marketing. You do that by sending them updates about your latest products or content on your website.

never ever do this

Hi!
I hope this made sense!

Rule number one: never ever send out mass emails. First it is extermly unpolite, scondly it is not worth it. It has been estimated, that mass emails have a success rate of only 1:10.000.000 (yes one in 10 Million)

Put a sign up box on your website and giveaway something that would be use to the subscriber. That's what most people do, and it works. I'm always signing up to mailing lists of people who use this method.

Definetly give away something an ebook, a course something related to your niche in order for people to sign into your list.
When you give something for FREE people will apreciate you and give out their email.
I know that I apreciate always someone which gives me a free gift when I'm visiting their site.

The key to growing a list of subscribers is to:

1. Really know your prospects and understand what they want. Then,
2. Know how you can help them get what they want. Once you know that then it's simply a matter of:
3. Creating an offer you know will solve a problem they want/need solved.
4. As others here have said - set up a lead capture page with an autoresponder, with a free download offering something your niche values, and
5. Drive traffic to your offer.

Get whatever help you need on the above 5 phases and then put together a plan until it's working for you.

I know this is only the big picture and you'd probably like more details, but there's only so much time and space in a forum. Don't dismiss the simplicity of what I said here though. It's how lists are built.

I recommend that you get a good autoresponder (AWeber is the best for me). It's really easy to set up your followup messages there and there is option to send instant emails to your list.

more of a newbie Q

I have a website which gets regular traffic but have not captured any emails yet.

I think this has been a big mistake. I have only recently linked a fb page to my site, and I have asked people to LIKE the page to view any monthly specials I make for dog treats, but having a list in parrallel would be a really good idea.

But between a list and making a blog and writing articles I have found myself time poor. I guess once you find a list capture app for (I use joomla) as long as you have a good give away or a reason to join, it can be fairly set and forget.

Hi!
I hope this made sense!

Well, I'd say the best way is to create your list would be to make it manually, instead of blasting a bunch of randomers.

banners
Back