The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

2 Different Types of Mailing Lists

OscarMike

Hi everyone, after analyzing ClickFunnels' website, I've discovered that there are 2 different types of squeeze pages.

Everywhere I look on the internet, I see people talking about how to build an email list. They recommend offering an ebook in exchange for email addresses. But there appears to be a second way.

1) One the squeeze pages involves using an ebook or white paper as a lead magnet. For instance, let's say I want to build a weight loss mailing list. I could give away a free smoothie recipe ebook to collect email addresses. The people who subscribe to this mailing list aren't interested in buying a specific product, but they have a problem (they want to lose weight).

2) The other type of mailing list is centered around a specific product. For instance, let's say I'm selling Custom Keto Diet and want to collect email addresses from people who are interested in this product but aren't ready to buy just yet. My lead magnet could be a 50% off discount code. The people who subscribe to this mailing list have a problem (they want to lose weight) and are interested in my product (Custom Keto Diet).

From my research, sending emails that soft sell (aka story sell) is appropriate for option 1. For option 2, both soft selling and hard selling can work. In regards to option 2, PPC Coach has a lesson where she shows his students that sending (via email) a product image with the call to action button "Shop now" can work. According to him, you don't need to spend money on a copywriter to write your emails if your mailing list is focused on a specific image.

Do you agree?

If you had to choose between the 2 options, which would you use for your marketing?

Thanks

Thanks

PC Coach has a lesson where she shows his students that sending (via email) a product image with the call to action button "Shop now" can work. According to him, you don't need to spend money on a copywriter to write your emails if your mailing list is focused on a specific image.
I see this but it usually has a to the point 'tag line'

People, like me, have little patience, and time, to read long drawn out emails. I doubt I am that unique in that respect.
Images catch the eye and so does a well reasoned CTA (sometimes) --the else is the trash bin.

Method 1 is really the mooch factor --I want the free thing now. After I get it I can unsubscribe or just mark the sender as junk mail. You will get greater volume and less response.

What's better needs to be tested. Once you have the DOI alternate the type of pitch and see what works better.

Get them to subscribe to get both information and current discounts available. Maybe, you will catch more? You want the email and consent to send.

I see this but it usually has a to the point 'tag line'

People, like me, have little patience, and time, to read long drawn out emails. I doubt I am that unique in that respect.
Images catch the eye and so does a well reasoned CTA (sometimes) --the else is the trash bin.

Method 1 is really the mooch factor --I want the free thing now. After I get it I can unsubscribe or just mark the sender as junk mail. You will get greater volume and less response.

What's better needs to be tested. Once you have the DOI alternate the type of pitch and see what works better.

Get them to subscribe to get both information and current discounts available. Maybe, you will catch more? You want the email and consent to send.
Thanks for sharing your input Graybeard. Regarding not having time to read long drawn out emails, PPC Coach once said in one of his courses that soft selling emails don't even need to have too many words. If the goal is the build rapport/trustworthiness, instead of sending a soap opera sequence or seinfeld method email, I can simply send an email that has a link to a funny YT video related to what I'm selling or telling a funny joke. Then, after the video near the bottom, I post a link to my product page. This helps establish myself as a 'friend' of the prospect. This cuts down time that is required for the subscriber to read the email, as well as down on my copywriting costs.

Do you agree?

I can simply send an email that has a link to a funny YT video related to what I'm selling or telling a funny joke.
I think depending on a sales conversion, based on that YouTube video's referring value is very weak with an email list type lead (click-out) that is supposed to be High Value.

Maybe, with a domain watermark and a damn interesting, believable and inviting video, this funnel might be effective.

You can try it and see. There are too many variables to make an assessment --you need actual data. I also think that is a --do no harm action --you can email later with an alternative approach and funnel.

The problem is: each successive email may, or may nor, be opened and read. People develop a resistance to email lists that are "nothing burgers" --low value promotional efforts.

MI
Back