The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Budget test for native

Harpoon

affiliate
Hi everyone, im looking about native and i would like to understand how much budget i need to get started.
For example, if I wanted to promote a 20 CPA product, how much should I spend on ads to understand if the offer can work and how much for tests?

Hey @Harpoon,
In case of the budget, we always advice our clients that spend of $100 is a minimum amount for the first 1-2 days of test on one native traffic source. If you want to gather reliable data, I suggest to be ready for spending $500 (which is our first min. top up amount) for testing a couple of different sources, before you make the decision whether the traffic works for your offer or not.

Hope it'll help!

Be sure to use an intelligence platform to demonstrate what's working now on those offers. Native is awesome and once you learn it the sky is the limit!

BTW, Voluum is awesome!

Be sure to use an intelligence platform to demonstrate what's working now on those offers. Native is awesome and once you learn it the sky is the limit!

BTW, Voluum is awesome!
Thanks for the answer :)
The only thing that stops me from starting immediately with native is the budget...
I have heard many say that it takes a lot of budget to test campaigns with native and many who say that not so much budget is needed.
Could you tell me something about it?

99.5% of native ads I ignore because the graphics and content (context) is crap. And I see these ads primarily in app on branded news Reuters, AP type sites (expensive ads).

Ad content context and niche and initial placement trial needs to be developed slowly first or your ad money testing will yield very little.

When you have gotten to that point -- you will need a few grand in capital because the first few hundred dollars (euros) may only break you even or recover part of your investment testing ads.

If you expect any conversions your landing pages and offers will need to look right and have good SALES COPY.

99.5% of native ads I ignore because the graphics and content (context) is crap. And I see these ads primarily in app on branded news Reuters, AP type sites (expensive ads).

Ad content context and niche and initial placement trial needs to be developed slowly first or your ad money testing will yield very little.

When you have gotten to that point -- you will need a few grand in capital because the first few hundred dollars (euros) may only break you even or recover part of your investment testing ads.

If you expect any conversions your landing pages and offers will need to look right and have good SALES COPY.

What would you consider as good graphics that would capture your attention? I've heard lots of AMs in the native space make their own creatives with their own smartphones. Why? Because so many stock images are floating around and just getting reused by everyone. What do you think about making your own creatives as an alternate angle of approach?

Graybeard is spot on. We do have a few native reps here in the Resources. You should track a few down and invite them to this conversation by adding their names from under their avatars. This will notify them that you have an open thread where they have been mentioned.

$2k will do it, but $3k is a safer bet. Once you learn to dial these in, and yes they have to be awesome graphics and copy, you can bank huge with them.

Graybeard is spot on. We do have a few native reps here in the Resources. You should track a few down and invite them to this conversation by adding their names from under their avatars. This will notify them that you have an open thread where they have been mentioned.

$2k will do it, but $3k is a safer bet. Once you learn to dial these in, and yes they have to be awesome graphics and copy, you can bank huge with them.
Great idea, I will do so. With respect to the budget - are we talking 2-3K/day in spend?

Great idea, I will do so. With respect to the budget - are we talking 2-3K/day in spend?

No, not until you get a handle on it. You can spend a few hundred learning to make a reasonable campaign, then you use the rest for scaling a real campaign. Get those reps in here and they will be glad to offer several perspectives.

If you have $3k, spend a few hundred learning the mechanisms, creating awesome graphics, pictures, and copy. You can get all of that for two test campaigns at Fiverr for a $100 to $200. Integrate them into your campaigns, split test two landers.

Once you have this down and working, you can try some better graphic, photo, and copy engineers from Freelancer, Indeed, and UpWork.

Remember, this is an area of marketing that requires a slow hand at the beginning to understand how it works and what you require to make it work for you, then you make some moderate spends. A buddy of mine spends around $10k a day on native. It's more than half his business. There are some colossal affiliates banking on native.

Keep in mind, there are affiliates out there generating $20MM, $30MM, even $50MM gross revenues a year and more. Many of those are into native. My buddy nets around 32% these days on native, and that's with a low seven figure annual spend. He tells me he's nowhere near the spend of some of those he hangs with.

No, not until you get a handle on it. You can spend a few hundred learning to make a reasonable campaign, then you use the rest for scaling a real campaign. Get those reps in here and they will be glad to offer several perspectives.

If you have $3k, spend a few hundred learning the mechanisms, creating awesome graphics, pictures, and copy. You can get all of that for two test campaigns at Fiverr for a $100 to $200. Integrate them into your campaigns, split test two landers.

Once you have this down and working, you can try some better graphic, photo, and copy engineers from Freelancer, Indeed, and UpWork.

Remember, this is an area of marketing that requires a slow hand at the beginning to understand how it works and what you require to make it work for you, then you make some moderate spends. A buddy of mine spends around $10k a day on native. It's more than half his business. There are some colossal affiliates banking on native.

Keep in mind, there are affiliates out there generating $20MM, $30MM, even $50MM gross revenues a year and more. Many of those are into native. My buddy nets around 32% these days on native, and that's with a low seven figure annual spend. He tells me he's nowhere near the spend of some of those he hangs with.

Thanks for the great advice, those are definitely future goal numbers! Is your buddy targeting all tier geos with native or specific ones? Also, do you know roughly how long it took him to scale to $10k/day in spend?

Also, I started two conversations and I added (what I thought were) native reps. I wasn't able to add them directly to this existing convo so I just started 2 seperate convos. Looking forward to seeing what everyone will say. Thanks again!

To be fair, the advertiser was really buttoned up. Slick advertorial landing page, celeb endorsement, fast checkout, great creatives, and a we will try/do anything to make it successful outlook. Our perfect client =)

A buddy of mine spends around $10k a day on native. It's more than half his business.
Has your buddy by any chance ever wanted to be a mentor? Just wondering as it would be great to ask him a few questions as a beginner. I'm sure there's so much valuable tips that I can get from him. Would it be at all possible to pm his email (or another contact method)? Much appreciated!

Has your buddy by any chance ever wanted to be a mentor?

Why the hell would he want to be a mentor to an unknown entity? You have no skills, you have no proven track record. A mentor is a person that is at the peak of their game and selects a protege that has a proven skill set and track record of success. True mentors never select newbies, intermediates, or even very successful candidates. They look for an exceptional and top .01% proteges to mentor. Typically to take over their own business at some point.

A mentor is not a coach! You need coaching! You need teaching!

YOU DO NOT NEED A MENTOR!
You are looking for a single person to teach you what? Have you decided on and proven your skills in any of the hundreds of common marketing business opportunities?

This community has many many thousands of marketers to help you, but for some unknown reason you feel that one mind is better to teach you over the thousands of minds that can and will teach you.

Just wondering as it would be great to ask him a few questions as a beginner.

Well, there is the thing, his gross earnings last year were over $7.3MM, more than $20k a day. Why would he take the time to speak with you when he is generating more than $2k per hour or more? His time is not free for anyone except his closest friends, and even then, he prefers friends that don't infringe on his time at work!

I'm sure there's so much valuable tips that I can get from him.

Stop thinking small! You are thinking small when you continue to convince yourself that a single person will take you by the hand to instruct you on a specific field in this business.

You can get loads of tips for free from so many of the members of this community. This is what these communities are for. To nurture along the new, intermediate, and advanced marketers.

I am beginning to see the laziness in you. I am not trying to be hurtful, just factual. You are not the first to suggest that an incredibly successful person would be a mentor to a newbie. I have been fielding this topic of mentors for nearly 50 years in various businesses. They can more easily be found in the brick and mortar business world once you have a successful brick and mortar business, but they are not free, and they are not cheap.

Would it be at all possible to pm his email (or another contact method)? Much appreciated!

Not only no, but, HELL NO!

Look, all of us in the industry that have a level of success know absolutely we would not have our successes if it were not for our diligence in researching, taking action, making investment, and continuing self education. If you are unwilling to take the long path to gain all of the successes and failures we have endured, then you will never make it.

If you want a coaching program, that's fine, get it. However, you will still need a community like AffiliateFix to discuss your topics, frustrations, successes, techniques, methods, and other such material with.

Much depends on the minimum lot and services offered by the brokerage company. I think that you really need to test the broker's capabilities first, but do not do it with $10-20. Highlight a few hundred to test different strategies and approaches. And make sure to check the regulation of the chosen brokerage company.

Why the hell would he want to be a mentor to an unknown entity? You have no skills, you have no proven track record. A mentor is a person that is at the peak of their game and selects a protege that has a proven skill set and track record of success. True mentors never select newbies, intermediates, or even very successful candidates. They look for an exceptional and top .01% proteges to mentor. Typically to take over their own business at some point.

A mentor is not a coach! You need coaching! You need teaching!

YOU DO NOT NEED A MENTOR!
You are looking for a single person to teach you what? Have you decided on and proven your skills in any of the hundreds of common marketing business opportunities?

This community has many many thousands of marketers to help you, but for some unknown reason you feel that one mind is better to teach you over the thousands of minds that can and will teach you.

Well, there is the thing, his gross earnings last year were over $7.3MM, more than $20k a day. Why would he take the time to speak with you when he is generating more than $2k per hour or more? His time is not free for anyone except his closest friends, and even then, he prefers friends that don't infringe on his time at work!

Stop thinking small! You are thinking small when you continue to convince yourself that a single person will take you by the hand to instruct you on a specific field in this business.

You can get loads of tips for free from so many of the members of this community. This is what these communities are for. To nurture along the new, intermediate, and advanced marketers.

I am beginning to see the laziness in you. I am not trying to be hurtful, just factual. You are not the first to suggest that an incredibly successful person would be a mentor to a newbie. I have been fielding this topic of mentors for nearly 50 years in various businesses. They can more easily be found in the brick and mortar business world once you have a successful brick and mortar business, but they are not free, and they are not cheap.

Not only no, but, HELL NO!

Look, all of us in the industry that have a level of success know absolutely we would not have our successes if it were not for our diligence in researching, taking action, making investment, and continuing self education. If you are unwilling to take the long path to gain all of the successes and failures we have endured, then you will never make it.

If you want a coaching program, that's fine, get it. However, you will still need a community like AffiliateFix to discuss your topics, frustrations, successes, techniques, methods, and other such material with.
Thanks, it was a good eye opener. I shouldn't have used the term "mentor". Will definitely take your advice. I'll try to network more later down the road with some experience. Much appreciated.

I'll try to network more later down the road with some experience.

Start networking from day one. You are networking here in this community. Get to know folks, don't be shy! Get to know as many as possible here and elsewhere. This is what makes our businesses work at peak proficiency. When you build associations with many, instead of a few, you are building access to many sources of information and can draw on all of the experiences of those in your orbit!

Get to know as many as possible. Be a voice that can be heard, and be a listener to the voices around you. This will make a HUGE impact in your life and especially in your business!

Start networking from day one. You are networking here in this community. Get to know folks, don't be shy! Get to know as many as possible here and elsewhere. This is what makes our businesses work at peak proficiency. When you build associations with many, instead of a few, you are building access to many sources of information and can draw on all of the experiences of those in your orbit!

Get to know as many as possible. Be a voice that can be heard, and be a listener to the voices around you. This will make a HUGE impact in your life and especially in your business!

Definitely. Appreciate all of the advice. With respect to revenue consistency, I've heard some guys can make 100k/month some months, and other month 20k for example. Do the numbers fluctuate that much in AM? If your buddy is making 600k/month (you mentioned 20k/day) on a really good month, what would a "bad" or low month look like for him? I'm guessing the more skin/experience you have in the game, the more consistent your monthly revenues are? Thanks again.

what would a "bad" or low month look like for him?

Those were averages taken from his 2019 gross revenues.

Super Affs typically do not have good or bad months. We never discuss things in those terms. It's negative reinforcement to discuss things that way.

We discuss periodic fluctuations during, and in between, typical seasonal aspects and refine marketing during dips to level out the fluctuations. We do this with the unexpected as well, like the COVID stuff, so we can make adjustments to campaign planning and delivery.

MI
Back