The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Bing & URL mismatch. Wtf?

randallf

You may want to check the policies related to this: URLs and landing page policies - Bing Ads

Long short history.
Installed for the first time prosper202 to track the performance of my campaigns in bing. Went to create the first ad and this one got rejected for a issue with the visible URL. Then i contacted the support via chat.

==========================
ME: Hi Earl
Earl: Hello, how can I help you today?

ME: I've issues getting and ad accepted. It seems that the reason is that the visible URL doesn't match with the destination URL, however i'm using a tracker and the final URL (after the geo redirection) it is the correct URL.
[...]
Earl: With our new editorial policy in place, the display, destination and landing page URL will need to be match.
Earl: You may need to reach out to the affiliate marketer for another URL.
[...]
ME: So i do know that i can track some details sending tokens to the affiliate site. However, i need a tracking software to check which keywords perform better (that can't be done without the tracker)

Earl: There's alternative ways to track performance for keywords. One way is to assign each keyword there own destination URL. Since you are part of an affiliate, that probably won't work for you.

ME: URLs and landing page policies - Bing Ads
ME: That's the policies we're talking right?

Earl: You destination URL does not include any of the display URL.
[...]
ME: I'm using [DOMAIN WITH PROSPER202 INSTALLED].com to host my tracking software. According those policies i'll be accepted if i create a subdomiain like [OFFERNAME].[MYDOMAIN].com

Earl: Yes that is correct!

ME: However, that will include a lot of manual work like creating a subdomain, databases and installing a tracking script for each subdomain/campaing. I don't understand why would bing ads push affiliates to this

Earl: I agree and I wish there was a more simpler way.
Earl: With the new policies in place, it does require some additional work be done for affiliate marketers.

ME: I do understand you can't do too much for me in this situation. Thanks for the help Earl, will try to make it work somehow.

Earl: I apologize Randall. I wish there was more information I can provide to you.
Earl: If I find any additional information that might help, I will be sure to email you.
ME: Ok. Have a nice day!
==========================

So i really can't believe that i need to create a subdomain, a database and install the prosper202 script each time i need to launch a campaign so the subdomain match with part of the display URL in the Ad and the landing....
Any thoughts on this?

That's crazy, @randallf ! Sounds incredibly complicated.

I'm not familiar with P202, does it give you a link/some code that you can put in your lander? That's assuming that you are using your own landing page, of course.

banners
Back