The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Best way of getting links?

• Thread starter PrivateInvestigator
  • Start date
P

PrivateInvestigator

What would you say is the best way of getting links?

The best result I found is posting to email and web-board groups that you participate in, not SPAM.

Directory submission also works, but I'm hearing rumours that google is beginning to look down on directories. Apparently, people only use directories to submit links to and rarely to find websites. So therefore, they are like a link scheme.

Don't know about that one, but then again I have submitted websites to loads of directories but never really used them to search.

Anyone else find this?

I foudn that surfing the web to find link swpa pages on websites and then emailing th ewebmasters to be the toughest and most time-consuming method of getting links.

yeah SPAM is a no no at all time!
Well directory submission would be good in some cases. It all depends on the quality of the directories you are submitting to, for example DMOZ is a MUST submit directory.
I would avoid link farms because as the word out there that they might get you banned!

The best links you get are the links that you find and establish manually! Search the net for similar topics as your site and request a link from them (or a link exchange)

"Directory submission also works, but I'm hearing rumours that google is beginning to look down on directories. Apparently, people only use directories to submit links to and rarely to find websites. So therefore, they are like a link scheme."

Right. I've been saying this for a couple years now.

And Maro, DMOZ is not a MUST. In fact, it's headed down the trash chute in a hurry. Have you seen some of the old, outdated, expired domains in so many of their categories?

Don't worry about directories, in general, just get a link from a high ranking site (buy it - and find out how long its been atop the SERPS - You don't want to buy a link from a site, which is atop the SERPS who used SPAM techniques) and your site will get crawled. What happens from there is up to you.

Best of Luck!

buying links is expensive though and i'm convinced it is just a fad.

I bought a link for $50 a month to one of my sites, based soley on the traffic I would receive (around 80 UVs per day). One that site was crawled, I was off to the races. I spawned over 10 sites off that one site alone.

p.s. I don't pay that dude $50 a month any longer. And only did for a little over a year.

MI
Back