The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Best tracker for pop traffic?

DanTe_0101

Hi,

Most of the trackers are costly when it comes to pop traffic, I am running 100k traffic per day and the plans on almost all trackers are very costly when it comes to overages cause their monthly click allowance is around 100k to 1m.

Is there any platform who is decent at tracking but has very cheap click tracking? I want to scale to 500k+ /day pop traffic and its gonna cost me a fortune if I use any of these top trackers? maybe a I can just buy a server and host a tracker there?

Can anyone guide me?

Thanks a lot!! :)

I think the real issue is server resources.
That said, you can get a small dedicated server for about $100/mo as just a Nginx proxy app server that should be adequate.
Open source or reasonably price software IDK.
If you just want to track the clicks in, filter, log then redirect the valid hits out -- then you just work with a Nginx server, its access, logging and some bash or PHP scripting. Postback and/or api integration requires either some advanced coding or finding properly coded software that you can understand.

I firmly believe Kintura is the best pop tracker on the market. My reasoning is this:
  1. Global latency-optimized load-balancing in nearly every possible geo
  2. No painfully slow CNAME DNS records with your custom domains which means your pop will load that much faster -- sometimes 1.2 seconds faster in certain geos.
  3. Not only is our AI the most powerful and advanced in the industry, we don't even charge extra for it.
  4. Our base plan is $69/mo (or way less if you use AFFFIXTODAY promo) which includes 3m clicks/month. If you scale up to our Professional Plan you get 20m/month for $199/mo.
  5. There's really too much to list. I could write a whole book on why we're the king of pops.
pops-push-meme.jpg

There is no such thing as "unlimited clicks" in self-hosted or cloud. Your clicks are always limited by either your platform provider or your hardware/resources.

Whose domain is used and where is the data (images, HTML, any scripting) hosted?
Are you just providing DNS?
How does that work?

When you add a custom domain to Kintura you're given a set of 4 Route53 nameservers. Once you confirm the ownership of your domain and confirm that you've set the nameservers given, your SSL is generated for you -- traffic is ready to send.

This gets you multiple DNS "A" records directly in our DNS server which then utilizes Route53 Latency Algorithm to route your traffic to the nearest (generally, it's a latency-driven algorithm so it depends on the time of day, etc) of our global load balancers. We call this hot-wiring because your domain is getting plugged right into our load balancers, globally.

We don't currently host the images/html/scripts. But, if you're using a service that *also* hosts those on a CDN, etc, you're getting the best of both worlds. I believe LanderBolt does this.

Pops is a speed game. If your pre-landers or offers are responding slowly (don't get me started on this...ugh) it's still bad -- but if you're a professional affiliate and your custom tracking domain uses a CNAME, you're simply uninformed. Pretty sure Thrive and Kintura are the only cloud-based services that do this correctly.

No painfully slow CNAME DNS records with your custom domains which means your pop will load that much faster -- sometimes 1.2 seconds faster in certain geos.

Whose domain is used and where is the data (images, HTML, any scripting) hosted?
Are you just providing DNS?
How does that work?

@Taylor@Kintura you are correct, it's just us who understand the value of providing an architecture based on dedicated domains, and ONLY dedicated domains. Speed is KING!

@DanTe_0101 I'd love to have you give ThriveTracker a test run and let's see how you like our platform, feature set, and support team. We have a reputation across the industry for working directly with our clients to enable their success. It would be a privilege to have you give our platform a test and then we can talk pricing. I will never lose a customer over price.

Cheers,

Really?
You are using AWS?

Really what? Are we using AWS? Not sure what you're asking nor what you're comparing except for dns performance of our sales website, kintura.com.

Very obviously, it's hard for me to respond in a meaningful way because I don't know what MYserver.com.

Are you doubting my claims about DNS CNAME performance globally? Bring it, sir :)

I firmly believe Kintura is the best pop tracker on the market. My reasoning is this:
  1. Global latency-optimized load-balancing in nearly every possible geo
  2. No painfully slow CNAME DNS records with your custom domains which means your pop will load that much faster -- sometimes 1.2 seconds faster in certain geos.
  3. Not only is our AI the most powerful and advanced in the industry, we don't even charge extra for it.
  4. Our base plan is $69/mo (or way less if you use AFFFIXTODAY promo) which includes 3m clicks/month. If you scale up to our Professional Plan you get 20m/month for $199/mo.
  5. There's really too much to list. I could write a whole book on why we're the king of pops.
View attachment 14239

There is no such thing as "unlimited clicks" in self-hosted or cloud. Your clicks are always limited by either your platform provider or your hardware/resources.
Thanks. I understand there is no such thing as "UL clicks" and its limited by the server specs.
But the thing is almost all the trackers are asking extra $$ for small features...

I am gonna give your tracker a try first. Do you use skype? I might have some queries regarding domain setup.

Thanks

Really?
You are using AWS?
dig NS kintura.com

; <<>> DiG 9.10.3-P4-Ubuntu <<>> NS kintura.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 7013
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 4, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;kintura.com. IN NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
kintura.com. 172800 IN NS ns-1004.awsdns-61.net.
kintura.com. 172800 IN NS ns-1033.awsdns-01.org.
kintura.com. 172800 IN NS ns-1930.awsdns-49.co.uk.
kintura.com. 172800 IN NS ns-478.awsdns-59.com.

;; Query time: 55 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Mon Apr 08 13:27:20 EDT 2019
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 178

barry@paragon-DS-7:~$ dig NS MYserver.com

; <<>> DiG 9.10.3-P4-Ubuntu <<>> NS MYserver.com
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 54171
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 5, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;MYserver.com. IN NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
MYserver.com. 21588 IN NS ns5.linode.com.
MYserver.com. 21588 IN NS ns4.linode.com.
MYserver.com. 21588 IN NS ns2.linode.com.
MYserver.com. 21588 IN NS ns1.linode.com.
MYserver.com. 21588 IN NS ns3.linode.com.

;; Query time: 33 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Mon Apr 08 13:29:36 EDT 2019
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 144

My current project is USA only (targeted)

Damn I didn't know I was that fast :D

barry@paragon-DS-7:~$ ./ipinfo.sh
Pls enter your ip:
{
"ip": "34.198.201.161",
"hostname": "ec2-34-198-201-161.compute-1.amazonaws.com",
"city": "Beaumont",
"region": "Texas",
"country": "US",
"loc": "30.0866,-94.1274",
"postal": "77702",
"phone": "409",
"org": "AS14618 Amazon.com, Inc."
}barry@paragon-DS-7:~$ host ns3.linode.com
ns3.linode.com has address 162.159.25.129
ns3.linode.com has IPv6 address 2400:cb00:2049:1::a29f:1981
barry@paragon-DS-7:~$ ./ipinfo.sh
Pls enter your ip:
{
"ip": "162.159.25.129",
"hostname": "ns3.linode.com",
"org": "AS13335 Cloudflare, Inc."
}barry@paragon-DS-7:~$
I am 250 miles (400KM) from Cloudflare in Chicago
1000 miles (1000KM) from Texas so we are really about the same speed (distance).

Thanks. I understand there is no such thing as "UL clicks" and its limited by the server specs.
But the thing is almost all the trackers are asking extra $$ for small features...

I am gonna give your tracker a try first. Do you use skype? I might have some queries regarding domain setup.

Thanks

Sure! You can skype Aaron who is our CTO directly at ap@kintura.com -- or file a ticket or reach me on our Intercom. We are in the process of migrating to Telegram.

If you mean between my server and your server for JUST a tracker I can enter any domain and make an A and AAAA entry

However, on an uncashed dig NS query you are a little faster when the distance is considered maybe by 40 ms -- (you win the hog contest :D)

; <<>> DiG 9.10.3-P4-Ubuntu <<>> @8.8.8.8 NS myserver.com
; (1 server found)
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 46927
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 5, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;myserver.com. IN NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
myserver.com. 21599 IN NS ns5.linode.com.
myserver.com. 21599 IN NS ns2.linode.com.
myserver.com. 21599 IN NS ns4.linode.com.
myserver.com. 21599 IN NS ns1.linode.com.
myserver.com. 21599 IN NS ns3.linode.com.

;; Query time: 74 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Mon Apr 08 14:16:00 EDT 2019
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 144

barry@paragon-DS-7:~$ dig @8.8.8.8 NS kintura.com

; <<>> DiG 9.10.3-P4-Ubuntu <<>> @8.8.8.8 NS kintura.com
; (1 server found)
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 645
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 4, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;kintura.com. IN NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
kintura.com. 21599 IN NS ns-1004.awsdns-61.net.
kintura.com. 21599 IN NS ns-1033.awsdns-01.org.
kintura.com. 21599 IN NS ns-1930.awsdns-49.co.uk.
kintura.com. 21599 IN NS ns-478.awsdns-59.com.

;; Query time: 71 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Mon Apr 08 14:16:48 EDT 2019
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 178
_________
would rather keep the domain private for reason of all the spy tools and page scrapers around here ...

Hi @DanTe_0101 !

AdsBridge has all necessary functionality to track pop traffic.

If the price is the only thing that matters, we can discuss the options and offer you a special discount which is good for you.

We have many traffic sources and affiliate networks templates, so you won't experience any issues to set it up quickly and easily.

You can add your own domain with SSL or buy domain via AdsBridge and get SSL for free.

It's worth mentioning, that we don't charge additionally for services. You get the whole functionality in your disposal on both trial and enterprise plans.

Just sign up for a free 14-day trial to be sure that you want to stay with us;) and contact our support team to discuss a discount.

Are you doubting my claims about DNS CNAME performance globally? Bring it, sir :)

If you are using other name servers for your trackers I can easily check (any FQDN or IPv4) ...

I am 140 ms to Amsterdam name servers or IPs So? If I wanted to serve that continent properly I would need resources there (CDN).

Binom is your answer. Self-hosted and very small monthly fee. Best tracker there is IMO.

Hey, @DanTe_0101.
Thank you, @awesomesauce.

We have no limits for the amount of traffic you send through Binom tracker. Say, it could be about 10 million clicks per day or more if you need. Also, we help with all the server set up. Just write your root access here and we will configure everything for you. Furthermore, we could provide a Digital Ocean server with $100 in your account, which will be enough for a couple of months tracker testing. Binom is taking #2 place by the amount of traffic processed (according to Adplexity). So, many top affiliates use it and have no problems with redirect speed. We don't store your data and here are some of the extra features Binom has:

1) Powerful API
2) Tools for group work with campaigns, offers, landers, etc.
3) The system of events, custom metrics, formulas
4) Tracking landing events, behavioral factors
5) Indirect tracking: LP Pixel and integrated landings
6) Visualization tools
7) The system of triggers and notifications
8) Check domains for bans, automatic replacement
9) Fastest interface and reports
10) Cool support

Check our thread here.

Sincerely,
Binom team

Last edited:
Hi @DanTe_0101,

any updates on the tracker? which one did you choose?

300k - 500k clicks daily means 9 - 15million clicks a month. In RedTrack you can have it for about $70 - $150 a month (on special annual plans) + free trial. PM me for details or if you want a demo ;)

banners
Back