The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Best Time To Send Emails?

I watched John Chow's Million Dollar Email Marketing Secrets video which was surprisingly loaded with some good value. Most affiliates usually just give you one half assed piece of value for free and then pitch their shoddy product. One of the fascinating bits was the data he collected on the best times to send email. He said he personally found that he got higher open rates on Mondays but people bought more stuff on Thursdays. He also said he saw more open rates in the early mornings and night hours. 9am - 11:30am on Weekdays and 7pm - 10:30pm on Weekends.

I can confirm from my own experience that I get a lot more sales on my affiliate sites during the weekdays compared to the weekends.

I watched John Chow's Million Dollar Email Marketing Secrets video which was surprisingly loaded with some good value. Most affiliates usually just give you one half assed piece of value for free and then pitch their shoddy product. One of the fascinating bits was the data he collected on the best times to send email. He said he personally found that he got higher open rates on Mondays but people bought more stuff on Thursdays. He also said he saw more open rates in the early mornings and night hours. 9am - 11:30am on Weekdays and 7pm - 10:30pm on Weekends.

I can confirm from my own experience that I get a lot more sales on my affiliate sites during the weekdays compared to the weekends.

Yeah, my experience also, people check their emails first of the day and end of the day always. Times in between are scattered.

Last edited:
I don't think its much relevant now... think about the synced smartphones, I think we should focus more on other factors, like thing to keep them interesting, engaging, moving and trustworthy

Actually we do all have the smart phone and anyone have access their inbox anytime they want. But the fact is people are reading their email at the beginning of the day and they click the link as well. On the other hand in most of the time they just check the subject line and sender info. So there is a high risk to move your email in the inbox folder. So morning is the best time to send any promotional email.

[QUOTE="On the other hand in most of the time they just check the subject line and sender info. So there is a high risk to move your email in the inbox folder. So morning is the best time to send any promotional email.[/QUOTE]

hey thanks for your input, can you please share you experience with email based promotional offers and how the time factor effected their efficiency?

You know email marketing is very important for any kind of business. I don't send emails every day. Because people don't follow the emails if you send them every day. I used to send them 1 email after 1-day interval. Alongside I always send them emails early in the morning. People often send emails only promoting, but I send them tips for two days and in the day 3, I send to a blog link which contain the product.

On every weekend and special occasion, I greet them as well as send newsletter to let them know what they missed. Timing is the most important in this matter. I tested several times and found open rates are high when I send them mail in the morning as well as after 9 PM. Also, it's depending on your niche as well. If you have any other question feel free to PM me.

That is not a lot :).

Sending at 10.30 am has always been my good friend, then you get the lunchers and the rest of the day to build up.

Hey guys!

Definitely depends on the niche and especially the offer. For example, we have a couple of health/diet offers & found out that for a specific offer, email blasts work well in the AM for a cream offer (for example) and in the PM for the diet offer. Hit me up for specific info if you want, we have exclusive offers in the health/diet niche and I have all the info to optimize traffic :)

Cheers!

Morning is the best time. There are plenty of chance to increase your open rates as your subscribe has all the day in their hand.

it depends to whom you are sending emails.. if you are sending to the institute you should send it in morning if you are sending to a person then you can send it in evening also..... it also depends on the country in which you are sending... because it matters a lot..... i think about 11 am according to eastern standard time.

I do the exact same by just sending at the time they signed up to my list, I mean they signed up at this time so they will probably be active most days at the same time, I wouldn't worry so much about this as I highly doubt this would be any cause to dramatically increase or decrease your open rates. Instead look at your subject lines and split test them and also make sure they are not spammy that would filter them into the spam box.

I usually send out emails during daytime and I avoid sending on Mondays and weekends. The best days to send an email is Thursday, Wednesday and Tuesday

I work with an ample audience in terms of geo... "daytime" is very relative, so I segment :) Wednesdays, theres not much news or content out there, it´s a slower day, so not a bad time to put your content out there.

A
I have set up an autoresponder last week and my email open rates is 5.67% and CTR is 3.47%. All the emails have sent when the visitors have been subscribed in my list. What do you think is above rates are normal? What is your suggestion to best time send emails in order to improve my open rates?
Hi Gibbons, Always make sure that you send emails either early in the morning or later in the evening. The reason I am saying so is because most people do read their mails early in the morning and just before they go to bed. One thing in marketing you need to know is sending emails with content that does not add up to what a person is doing in the day will have higher probabilities of deletion. Take for example when you are in tours and travel industry, sending the email on friday morning gives an insight to the receiver.

I got 16 % open rate and send between 4pm - 6pm. And a click rate at 2 %

banners
Back