The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Backpacker Boat Take one

E

Eric

First of all, I would like to thank Temi and Co. for the help with graphics, it was perfect Temi, I'll get you an e-mail and a review for your site sometime today or tomorrow. Thanks again.

Its a rough draft, there is no content as of yet but I needed some opinions before I got to deep into content and forms. I need honest opinions on color scheme and such. It isnt a flashy design, its simple and to the point. I needed something to cater to the students in my area as well as the rest of the world.

http://www.bboat.homestead.com/index.html

Paul, I think I got the site to center quite well.

Thanks in advance everyone! :wink:

:)

umm.. sorry guys but that site looks pretty bad..
- the colors don't match.. never mix red with blue on a yellow background.. the output is not good.
- The header needs work.. in this stage.. it look .. let's just say not so good
- On Mozilla i can se the lines in the corners of the page.
- Try to use only 2 colors.. let's say orange and white or orange and dark grey.. or maybe red and white.. dont mix a lot of colors there.. because you will not like the result..
- If you ask me.. i think you have a lot of work to do on this site until it will be be good.. regarding the graphics of course.
Good Luck and if you ever need help, we are here to help.
Best regards, Radu

hmmm, so what you are saying is scrap the whole thing? I didnt think it looked that bad, but then again Im no pro. Other forums gave me different feedback, but I must take your critisism and take action. I'll look at other color options.

Thanks

hmmm.. i think you should reconsider the colors.. and even the layout.. why is there a huge space between the FAQ and Contact Us button??
- you could keep the yellow / red scheme.. but get rid of the blue.. it looks really bad there
- isn't the site just a little too narrow???
Radu

The space between the tabs is intentional, it will make sense once complete.

Red and yellow is not an option. I would rather it be blue and orange, sorry but that is a very common color combo in the student travel realm. I just got back from the yahoo member directory and typed in the keywords "backpacking Europe" and got many members who were online with those keywords in thier profile. I then opened yahoo messenger and one by one sent them IM's asking about the colors. Surprisingly I made 3 sales without even having the site complete. I'll send a survey to a friend at UNR and get feedback from students here in Reno, but it seems to be a catchy theme for the targeted audience. I'll keep researching.

Thanks for the input.

Eric

ok then, if they like it there's no problem. I just posted my personal opinion. Good luck with the sales :)

I think the advice was direct, to the point, totally honest, and helpful.

Given that...

I have sites, which I KNOW are ugly :lol: But every time I make a change, based on constructive criticism, sales plummet. Go figure.

Also, if I make certain site grammatically correct, sales plummet. Go figure.

Trial and Error. Trial and Error.

Eventually, your visitors will tell you, which design THEY prefer. As will your bank account :wink:

Paul

Ok nov, Im taking your advice. Ive gotten mixed feelings and quite frankly am starting to agree with you on this one. Do you know of a good hex red that would blend well with that orange? I really like the orange but I dont think I should use just regular red. Let me know if you have a good red. Im going to remove all of the blue.

Thanks,

Eric

the colors are better. now it looks pretty good.
- you could try to move the "what is it" textbox up. so it's closer to the menu
anyway good work.. this is an improvement

MI
Back