The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Automate price changes

Timdr

affiliate
Hi,

I am setting up an affiliate marketing site.

One of the sections will be about flights. I would love to be able to display the price on my website, but the price of flights changes very often. Is there any way to automate the price changes, i.e. that when the price changes the price displayed on my website will be automatically updated? (E.g. plugin, automation script, paid-for service etc.)

Good luck with a bot. Most places with ticket prices are database driven. It's going to end up being less expensive (and aggravating) to pay the price of doing it the right way.
All I want is prices of specific flights. Why should a bot cause problems?

I need help for this
How does screen scraping work?
How to automate uploading new data feeds?
It's not for a developer, I want to learn it
I don't know how to create such an automation.
What I wrote was that IF I'm getting a professional developer, that is another way of doing it.
Screen scraping basically means a bot which mimics a web browser and collects data from a website as a regular user would.

If I can detect most bots the major websites 'should' be able to also.
Impact radius has a lot of major airline affiliate programs --maybe you can find one to deal with.
I think that the airline business is shot for a year at least --IMO, airplanes are flying death tubes in these pandemic times.

I don't know how to create such an automation.
Screen scraping basically means a bot which mimics a web browser and collects data from a website as a regular user would.

I understand it now (thanks Youtube:cool:)
Scraping seems better than API
Most product data feeds are updated daily but scraping its no rate limit
Extract from HTML to CSV for auto import
How do ecom sites stop scraping?

I can use screen scraping.

Once an art with the bots, but no longer.

How do ecom sites stop scraping?

This is archaic due to the numerous services now that prevent scraping quite readily. For airlines, many of them are using extensive preventions because they are selling access for sites to perform as 3rd party aggregators. It is happening in the insurance industry now too, et al.

When is the last time you flew anywhere?
That said, I have never seen anything other that what real travel agencies use

You will need nodejs and a real developer
I like the flight api theme and I hope that the tourism industry will regain its popularity and we can safely fly wherever we go without any problems

For the time being airplanes are 'death tubes' until there is strong enforcement of a vaccine law --I doubt that will even work.
Confined places with recirculating air flow are risky.
Personally, I won't chance it -- but if you are young and healthy your odds are not that bad flying ...

This is one of the reasons private charters have boomed these past couple of years.

For the time being airplanes are 'death tubes' until there is strong enforcement of a vaccine law --I doubt that will even work.
Confined places with recirculating air flow are risky.
Personally, I won't chance it -- but if you are young and healthy your odds are not that bad flying ...

MI
Back