The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Asia, China, being chased for new domain names

Stephanie

affiliate
Hi, I received an email on Friday from what looks like a good Chinese company (europatech.com) informing me that a 'client' wants to buy the following BizFace names and use the keyword BizFace.

Because we have trademarked BizFace in the UK, any website that shows up BizFace that can be seen here, could be in trouble anyway, but what these guys are suggesting is that we buy all of the following before their client does:

1[FONT=&#23435]、[/FONT]domain names
www. BizFace.cn
www. BizFace.com.cn
www. BizFace.net.cn
www. BizFace.org.cn
www. BizFace.hk
www. BizFace.tw
www. BizFace.com.tw
www. BizFace.asia
2[FONT=&#23435]、[/FONT]internet keyword
BizFace

Is this a scam?

It seems to me we can't buy every single dot something that now exists?

Advice much appreciated.

Cheers,
Stephanie

Not an outright scam, they are just fishing for new customers by spamming people. I got those email as well and so did plenty of other people i know. They are hoping that by sending these type of emails they might scare a few website owners into registering useless ccTld versions of their domain name with them. Don't worry, no need buy each and every cctld version of your name especially if you hold the trademark and don't inend to do business in those countries.

I have received email like this before in the past. Just delete it, its fraudulent. There is another one you may receive in future, this is from some European company asking you to pay for trademarking your domains, this one came to me by post, you want to just bin it as well.

banners
Back