The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Gold As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

I'm more comfortable spending more money once I've already started making some.. in other words, I'd feel more comfortable investing the revenues in my business to expand it and make it more efficient, especially in the beginning.

I don't mind spending a few bucks here and there to get started, such as

- a web host,
- domain name,
- and a Aweber account

These are what I've paid for so far since starting out in January this year (with my flagship blog.) I've been sticking with free themes, trying for free traffic, and using free website critique services for feedback.

It may take a little longer but I'm wondering if this approach (which I deem as bootstrapping) is feasible or doomed to failure? I also still have the $100 Adsense credits that my webhost gives to its new customers.

You get what you pay for. Free traffic is the worst, most uncontrollable traffic on the planet and ten or twenty times the work. Almost half the traffic on the web now is bot traffic. The rest of free traffic is mostly disinterested users that are not willing to fulfill conversion requirements and only click on banners as a matter of browsing practices.

Paid traffic, good trackers, and learning to interpret the data is the fastest and most reliable means to develop a positive ROI. Especially if you are doing content marketing, but holds true for the rest of the industry. The businesses you sell banner and contextual ad space to are going to rely on you providing quality targeted traffic.

You get what you pay for. Free traffic is the worst, most uncontrollable traffic on the planet and ten or twenty times the work. Almost half the traffic on the web now is bot traffic. The rest of free traffic is mostly disinterested users that are not willing to fulfill conversion requirements and only click on banners as a matter of browsing practices.

Paid traffic, good trackers, and learning to interpret the data is the fastest and most reliable means to develop a positive ROI. Especially if you are doing content marketing, but holds true for the rest of the industry. The businesses you sell banner and contextual ad space to are going to rely on you providing quality targeted traffic.

Yeah, to be honest, I'm near my wit's end with free traffic at this time and it's probably one of the first things I'd spend money on next to acquire targeted visitors. Right now, I'm mainly using Jay's methods of building a Tumblr or Pinterest following and directing them to my blog as my main free traffic tactic (although I may also consider guest posting on other similar but more trafficked blogs for content marketing.)

Pick a micro niche, become an authority with well constructed and archived data (posts, articles, etc.), buy highly targeted traffic, sell banner and contextual ad space (tastefully) or put approved CPA offers on the site. Adding valuable products of your own is a the icing on the cake. Remember to build a list along the way.

I think learning how to get everything in place and setup is key such as landers, whether lead signups or direct linking. Also learning which traffic sources to use also helps the process.
I think having these 2 pieces in place definitely helps your confidence levels.

I think learning how to get everything in place and setup is key such as landers, whether lead signups or direct linking.

Also learning which traffic sources to use also helps the process.
I think having these 2 pieces in place definitely helps your confidence levels.

Yep, progress always promotes confidence. Wait until you master your first traffic source, that's going to blow your mind!

as I understand almost all fields in internet marketing now I encountered a new problem,
either a banner or a landing page design,
what do you think how to solve them?

I think everything is ready,
I also understand a little about PHP, html, javascript, I have no problem in making a landing page,
I just can not make banner display :(

is there any tool that can make a variety of banner sizes with just one click?

as I understand almost all fields in internet marketing now I encountered a new problem,
either a banner or a landing page design,
what do you think how to solve them?

I think everything is ready,
I also understand a little about PHP, html, javascript, I have no problem in making a landing page,
I just can not make banner display :(

is there any tool that can make a variety of banner sizes with just one click?

I have seen many over the years, but I just build them in PhotoShop or out source them. Every place banners go, the dimensions are generally available in the traffic source account FAQ and in the Network Offer page.

Reading this entire thread has been so very enlightening. I don't feel nearly as tentative as before. I have my basic tools AND a beginning plan in place. I now KNOW what I need to do next, and how and where to accomplish that....heading straight to the Wiki to get clear on some specific items that have been causing confusion for me. When I'm clear on those items, I'm ready to get a new test campaign launched and underway. I know my vertical, have a budget, have a tracker, have a traffic source, and am approved for several offers in a few networks. Time to get busy. Thank you to all the posters here in this thread. Especially JJ Tutor. Your message (guidance) is consistent and unswerving. I'm so grateful for this forum. I came to this thread with many of the same concerns as many of the posters. Now I feel I can move forward with the confidence that comes from taking action...."learning to earn" as you say. Much yet to learn, I understand, but with so much less fear of the unknown, and so much more anticipation of the next breakthrough lesson. I'll update as it unfolds.

You get what you pay for.
Oh I agree there 100% and its worth it investing 'You have to speculate to accumulate " . After a long time of trying to build traffic and wondering why? It has dawned on me what am I not doing that others do . Have an advertising budget .Well I was hopping around and buying different offers so all my bucks ended up on offers that got sidelined . The missing link is getting traffic paid traffic Advertising coupled to good tracking to give a customer acquisition cost there fore knowing how much I can spend to get a result . Now if that is $1500 to make $4000 why not . I am going to suggest some FB advertising using Leadpages and Improvely . Now Improvely shows you a demo . Its all about using tracking otherwise its just throwing mud at the wall and hoping it sticks . Want to make money treat it like a real business .

banner sizes with just one click
Well I did have some good results using this one and if you take a look you will see a banner its nothing special I just scraped the surface . Look here and you will see a chair that is animated now the door is wide open . It has the company tag on it but thats the free model . May suggest upgrading I will be using this . And another I like is called Canva now they are really good for FB Ad graphics

Good thread for newbies thanks to T J Tutor.

Now I have been working on my MMO site for few months and could anyone tell me various ways to monetize it.

Here is the website
Hi wondering what you are on is that is a WP site . Well actually your whole site is about how to do what you are wanting to do . A couple of good plugins SEO Yoast install that and look around it will help you optimize your posts . Tags And categories all need to be done and alt tags in media . Now you have not got any media/images so spice it up a bit . All your social media links go nowhere nothing on Google plus and nothing in youtube take a look at that Shareaholic is a great social media plugin . And then do you have a FB page ? Its all about linking it together . When you write a post just share it to all the media links using Shareaholic.. Here is my site take a look and comment . do you use RSS feeds feeder.co costs is $4 a month and great for reading you site and others you are interested in . I put all this in the comments of your site take a look . And I hope this helps it helps me a lot .I will be looking more at your site its so packed with goodies really

Hello, Im Kala Very new to CPA...Im in need of help in a major way....OK So, I want to Link several offers on One url Link, then when one is completed they will be redirected to the next cpa offer... here is an example of what I want to accomplish
cpa.ly12uQd just put the http:// in the front to view.... this is not any of my offers, I found this on youtube and want the same set up as far as the link, with several offers. Please if you know what this is called or know how I can make this happen Please Advised

Hello, Im Kala Very new to CPA...Im in need of help in a major way....OK So, I want to Link several offers on One url Link, then when one is completed they will be redirected to the next cpa offer... here is an example of what I want to accomplish
cpa.ly12uQd just put the http:// in the front to view.... this is not any of my offers, I found this on youtube and want the same set up as far as the link, with several offers. Please if you know what this is called or know how I can make this happen Please Advised
That doesn't work try just posting a link in or a couple you can provide a link like on the page Canva Design School Blog that is not going to work but if you say Want to find out about design and then highlight the text click the make link above and insert your URL like this .

Hi wondering what you are on is that is a WP site . Well actually your whole site is about how to do what you are wanting to do . A couple of good plugins SEO Yoast install that and look around it will help you optimize your posts . Tags And categories all need to be done and alt tags in media . Now you have not got any media/images so spice it up a bit . All your social media links go nowhere nothing on Google plus and nothing in youtube take a look at that Shareaholic is a great social media plugin . And then do you have a FB page ? Its all about linking it together . When you write a post just share it to all the media links using Shareaholic.. Here is my site take a look and comment . do you use RSS feeds feeder.co costs is $4 a month and great for reading you site and others you are interested in . I put all this in the comments of your site take a look . And I hope this helps it helps me a lot .I will be looking more at your site its so packed with goodies really

Thanks AndrewCatnip for your feedback and I have installed Shareaholic and its great. I will try feeder and there are tons of things that I need to optimize on the website

You certainly have I just shared your post to Pinterest and yes to the Shareaholic see how good it is .Now SEO Yoast .
and see I am viewing you blog in RSS feeder understand get it and from Chrome in the extensions get RSS reader by
feeder.co and go for pro its $4 a month but is great . Then it will be on your task bar . Whenever you have a site open that interests you click it and see if it detects a RSS feed simple let me know how you go . My Blog | My WordPress Blog
I like Hapki-do - life changing moments shared so get in and make some comments be like water flow .

sharing-.jpg

Okay ALL! Let's get this thread back on track. The thread title is "As A Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started?"

I appreciate all of the recent discussions in here that are off topic, but we need to get the discussions percolating again and in the right direction. This thread has helped hundreds of folks get themselves on track and move in the right direction. Let's get it going that way again instead of getting off topic.

Thanks to all of you for making this a great thread, let's help many more as we push forward!

Well for me its the feeling of wasted time. Like I dont mind wasting time watching youtube videos and things like that, but If I am setting up a website, I feel like its not going to work and it will be just another failure, I think its waste of time and its not worth it. I am always scared to open up my affiliate account and see if my project made me some money or it failed again. If this was just in a game like lets say Runescape, I wouldnt mind it and I would just do things differently but I somehow can't get over that IM is not a game :/

Well for me its the feeling of wasted time. Like I dont mind wasting time watching youtube videos and things like that, but If I am setting up a website, I feel like its not going to work and it will be just another failure, I think its waste of time and its not worth it. I am always scared to open up my affiliate account and see if my project made me some money or it failed again. If this was just in a game like lets say Runescape, I wouldnt mind it and I would just do things differently but I somehow can't get over that IM is not a game :/

Okay @Exo , this is a very common occurrence among new marketers. You are operating from a position of loss and fear. These two are the top defeaters of new marketers. They are two of the top reasons you see product developers in this industry including "mindset" modules in their offerings.

You talk about wasting your time, you stated "Like I dont mind wasting time watching youtube videos and things like that, but If I am setting up a website, I feel like its not going to work and it will be just another failure". This is a self defeating mindset that will almost always result in the failure of any attempts you make. Building one website and having it fail is not a test of accomplishment. All of us, and I mean everyone of us earning a living online, have failures every day. Every Day! It does not mean we failed, it just means what we did didn't perform as expected. For example, I recently spoke to my friend who is huge in the T-Shirt business and he told me that 86% of his campaigns last year failed, but he had 16% that worked and when they worked, he scaled them up big each time. We have several top level marketers her in our membership that are huge in various forms of CPA and they always talk about what didn't work and what did work. They never say they failed at anything. They have campaigns that perform and they have campaigns that don't perform. When they find campaigns that do perform, they scale them up and spread their reach to the target audiences. That is what this business is all about. Finding what works as well as finding what doesn't work. Then take what does work and scale it up as big as you can!

I am about to begin a new adventure in marketing with PayPerCall. I've been researching, preparing copy, studying the competition, and preparing my plan and budget. I know going in that I will spend at least a couple of thousand dollars gathering data from my initial campaigns in order to find what works and what does not. When I find the campaigns that perform, I will then scale up and refine them for maximum ROI.

You must not ever operate from fear or fear of loss. It will defeat you every time.

Last edited:
MI
Back