The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Gold As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Back in 2009 when I first started. Probably the no.1 factor that stops me from getting started, is the uncertainty, tons of "what ifs". Could be due to going all in with my savings for this industry as well.

I feel the sensation of not knowing where to start...... in blogs and videos I hear the internet is a thriving opportunity for people with passion and motivation to create a reliable living. Although, I find all the people who are thriving are hiding the blueprint?

I feel I have so much to learn... and I am not quite sure where to draw my information from or what area of marketing to focus on first.

All I do know is that doing nothing will amount to nothing

Let's get this thing started:)

Peace!

I feel the sensation of not knowing where to start...... in blogs and videos I hear the internet is a thriving opportunity for people with passion and motivation to create a reliable living. Although, I find all the people who are thriving are hiding the blueprint?

I feel I have so much to learn... and I am not quite sure where to draw my information from or what area of marketing to focus on first.

All I do know is that doing nothing will amount to nothing

Let's get this thing started:)

Peace!

Use this forum as a mentor. It's full of members at every level of experience which makes for many balanced perspectives for a Newbie to learn from. Take the time to read through the forums here and see for yourself that the Newbies achieving success have actually dedicated themselves to success in this industry and reaping the rewards by following the advice of fellow AffiliateFix members, being dedicated to success, putting the time in, and making the necessary investments. You cannot shortcut the learning curve. It goes slower for some and it goes faster for others. Everyone has their own intellectual absorption rates, skill development pace, commitment level, and budgets.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

Check out the new enhanced membership option here as it is full of great tools and features.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

Use this forum as a mentor. It's full of members at every level of experience which makes for many balanced perspectives for a Newbie to learn from. Take the time to read through the forums here and see for yourself that the Newbies achieving success have actually dedicated themselves to success in this industry and reaping the rewards by following the advice of fellow AffiliateFix members, being dedicated to success, putting the time in, and making the necessary investments. You cannot shortcut the learning curve. It goes slower for some and it goes faster for others. Everyone has their own intellectual absorption rates, skill development pace, commitment level, and budgets.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

Check out the new enhanced membership option here as it is full of great tools and features.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

Great words. Thank you TJ. My journey starts now.

Peace

This is among the most common issues for beginners. Where to start is often what prevents many from getting started. The only way you over come this is to read about each of the avenues you feel you would be interested in for your first venture. Once you master that, then you can add another revenue stream. There are many to choose from and that can be confusing, but you must choose one and master it and then do it again. This is the way of any master.

Believe In This: Every avenue of earning that you can find in this forum, every one of them, will earn you money. Every one of them, absolutely. You MUST take the initiative to pick one and master it. Pick one, do it until you are an expert at it. It will take you only a few months to be earning regularly with it and you will master it soon after that. This is what each and everyone of us that earns money online does. The more revenue streams you master, the faster you get at making it happen and the faster you get at earning.

It truly isn't confusion, what it is can be compared to a kid in a candy shop, they find it impossible to pick just one. Our forum is a candy store, we have so many avenues to pick from you are letting yourself not make a decision. Believe me when i say, you have to pick one at a time, eventually you can taste them all, but you can never taste them all at once.

Yes, there is always negative responses to some subjects and topics. I have been guilty of this many times. I try not to write anything negative, but that's impossible sometimes when people want honest information and feedback. First, I will tell that both POF and 7Search work, they do earn money for many, each and every day. As far as high level marketers, they started just like you. They didn't become high level marketers the day or the week or the month after starting with POF and/ or 7search. They read, learned, practiced, and invested until they figured out a formula that worked for them.

As for the expense of it, everyone must invest in business, everyone. Whether it's time or money, you must invest in your business. When it comes to buying traffic, you must spend at least $1000 (IMO) to collect enough tracking and conversion data to know where the money is to be made. So many Newbies talk about "I lost $XXXX". You and they are not losing money. Get this now before you push on, you are not losing money, you are paying for data. You are paying to collect enough data to know which demographics, what times of day, which days of the week, etc. are profitable. Once you have that data about where the profits will come from, then you scale up and start profiting.

All businesses have risk, everyone of them. Here is a great example: If I had a method to turn $20 bills into $100 bills and I packaged it as a business and all it required was to get people to say the word "Abra Kadabra" , plenty of people would come back and say "it doesn't work, I wasted my money". Some people simply wouldn't follow the instructions and most would probably never try, but say they did, and say it doesn't work. I will say again, every avenue of earning in this forum can and does earn money! When you tell yourself " i am always fearful that it is like 90% sure all this money would get wasted" , then I can guarantee you will fail. You cannot ever succeed by starting your business with those thoughts in your head. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER tell yourself anything will fail before you have made every educated effort available to you to succeed!

You have a common problem in your perspective of business, you are operating from a position of fear. You stated it clearly, a common mistake that always ends with disaster. Either you fail from not pushing forward because of fear, or you make poor decisions along the way because the decisions are fear based.

Show me another business where you can establish your new business for $1k, $2k, $3k or so, and have the potential of earning many thousands of dollars more. If you don't want to learn to earn and invest in a business and do it with a very positive attitude, the it is likely that a career in a 9 to 5 paid position might be better. Being an independent business person isn't for everyone. It requires dedication and a level of unwavering confidence that not everyone seems to develop. You must be committed to success, willing to work independently, manage your time, and follow through with a plan. No one succeeds without these elements, not ever!

I personally think you only need to establish a plan, commit to it, and follow through. It sounds to me as though you have given up before you got started. Why not put your heart and soul into success through confidence and commitment to success? I think anyone can succeed with that.

Such a beautiful reply, I am just getting started too, and I remember having most of the issues he is going through, I believe what really helped me is my never give up attitude, I really relate with what you said about an unwavering confidence, you will need it cos there are times where you feel lost and broken, but you have to have such a strong belief in yourself and make a plan and discipline yourself to stick with it.... Thanks man. Can I add you up on skype? I believe I have a lot to learn from you and all the other super affiliates.

Hi all, instead of talking just about obstacles, I would like to share my little experience, what I have learned so far.

Previously my obstacles were, not just lack of information, but LOTS of misinformation. I have been into online business stuff fora few years now, mainly eCommerce.. knew about CPA but didn't dare to jump into it because
1) Don't know where to start
2) Even if I found some (Very Popular) forums and blogs, their info sometimes contradict each other or are incomplete. Some of them sell ebooks or even give it to you free, but really those info are either outdated or something somewhere, some information is purposely left out. In short, USELESS.

3) Everybody seems to be talking about the big money involved, big risk big reward.Some guru comes along tell you how you can earn $3k, 10k a month, or even in a day. Takes you 8-9months to master it. If you are good, even 3months or even 1 month! Then they charge you $500, $1k, even $4k for coaching. But they didn't tell you the terms and condition applied. AND by the way, those coaching only provides similar information that you can get from this forum.

4) Then when you read all the ebooks, articles, forums in the world.. you realize you have a problem. You don't know where to start. The information overloads overwhelms you.

I went through all these phrase, and almost felt depress. Then the turning point came when I saw a video of one of the 'guru'. He mentioned something about you must get started somewhere, you don't have to know everything to start. When you take action, you will start to learn.
TAKE MASSIVE ACTION FOR MASSIVE RESULTS.
Even though I don't think he will teach any 'secret' to success (my suspicion was confirmed by an attendee), that video makes so much sense to me. That's where I made a decision to commit.

"Fortune Favors the Brave"
This phrase makes so much sense to me now. Somehow, The moment I decide to just jump into this, I quickly start to find useful resources. I found this forum, the Wiki info is sooo useful, previously all the information I know is in bits and pieces. Now I have a much clearer understanding.

Then I found TJ, he is amazingly helpful. The person whom I bought an ebook from don't even reply my message. TJ, he has nothing to profit from me, yet he is so patient to answer my answers out of his busy schedule. Most importantly, he corrected my thinking, focus on doing it right, enjoying the process than how much you will make. When you do it right, $$ will follow.
Then through TJ, I knew another newbie who is as committed, we clicked so well that we start doing analysis and case study together. We plan and share useful information with each other. To be honest, I've learn so much over the past 2weeks than last 2years about CPA. For the first time, I actually believe I will succeed, I will be the 0.5%.
I'm not there yet. But I will be soon.

So what I've learn in my journey so far:
1) Find a good forum with genuine information and stick to it. Read everything and get what you can. (This is a great forum for newbies really.)

2) Don't be afraid to contact the 'seniors' and ask questions. If you found someone who are genuine to help you, teach you. Don't waste the opportunity. Treasure it.
Talk to your AM, he/she can a major help for you. Recently I've found a great AM, he goes out the way out to help me find resources that helps me, he also advice me on what offers to try. He even help me out after office hours! I'm grateful to have him as AM. If your AM don't cares about you, even though you try to make contact with him/her many times. Ask for a change of AM. If he/she can't assist you now, he/she can't help you in the future too, even if you were success then (you don't need him/her around then anyway).

3) Find good(genuine) blogs on these topics. There's not many around. 95% are crap, if you found a good one, really dig it.
You will know when you find a good one.

4) Network, form small mastermind group. 1+1 > 2
Don't be afraid to share good information. It's only going to help yourself eventually. What goes around, comes around.
Of course, don't share your landing pages and Ads. I'm talking about offers, strategies, even angles. But don't let people copy your work.

5) Put in LOTS of effort on your Landing Pages and Ads.
I believe other than the planning, tracking, strategies etc. This is one of the most important thing that many have neglected. Research what images works, headlines, colors etc.
I'm working on this too.

6) Always Plan Your Campaign.
I made this mistake for my first campaign, I just chose an offer with high CR and relatively good payout. And didn't research the offer, BAD decision.
Of course, the campaign didn't turn out well. It would have been a curse if it did turn out profitable. Imagine how much learning i will miss out?

So this is my experience thus far.. :)

Hi, I read through your post and really relate with a lot of what you said, I had all those issues at the beginning, I have launched a few campaigns but not profitable yet, I am focusing on learning through case studies and trying to network with other affiliates to grow together, could I add you up on skype, whatsapp? I would like to join your mastermind group and network with you.

Hi all, I am rejuvenating this thread. It has slipped in the past many months as I have become so deeply stationed in the business side of this community. I miss writing and providing content for everyone as I once did throughout the forums here.

We have loads of members that have floated through this thread seeking guidance and we have so many reports of these members that followed the advice to launch their respective businesses and push through the initial stages to establish a well grounded and stable business in the industry.

We are over 38,000 views at this time and still continuing to grow and draw attention. Let's get the magic of this thread going again.

Let's pick up the ball here and I will begin, restart, getting some awesome answers in for all of you with each new post.

Thank all of you for the many kind words sent to me for this thread. It really warms my heart to see so many of you put these simple methods, tactics, and strategies into your daily lives to end the perceived obstacles and replace them with visions of real opportunities and deliberate actions to welcome in your successes.

What are your biggest obstacles as a Newbie?
List them here, go to the last page and add your post about this question. Take a moment and list everything you feel is holding you back from getting started or holding you back from earning some money.

I have linked my posted responses for each of your posts to the members usernames below!!

Encourage other Newbies to come here and post as well.

This is all about constructive response to help you realize that most Newbies experience the same issues and hangups. Look for the common patterns in the Newbies statements and in my responses. All of us were Newbies a some point. We all go through the same stuff to get a foothold on our new careers when starting out. You are not alone, you are among marketers that have been through what you are experiencing and are here to help you get past these common hangups experiences that hold you back and to help you get on the road to your successes!

CLICK ON ANY USERNAME BELOW TO SEE ORIGINAL POST & MY RESPONSE

01. azgold - Feeling like I'm in over my head - info and technical overwhelm.

02. xyzabc - Feels a lack of information, confusion about where to start, has fear of loss, thinks the business has too much risk, doesn't like the learning curve

03. trinath ande - confusion about tracking

04. vzladxt - Lack of focus, information overload, lack of financial investment, trying to do everything instead of doing one thing at a time, feels its necessary to work too hard, feels many issues are in the way of novices.

05. mrbeginner - Shiny Object, need to learn to adjust & adapt, difficult separating good information from bad information, easily distracted, information overload, not following through, no real plan, no check lists

06. vellex - personal issues are interfering with progress, trying to make it perfect before taking action, self doubt, fear of failure

07. 500Days - slow progress, information overload, silver bullet syndrome, not taking action, lack of focus, needs a solid plan, no schedule for work

08. dddraj - information overload, downloading "magic bullets", lack of focus, trouble finding actionable information

09. generalrahman - feels lack of information, confused about where to start, fear of loss, too much risk, Doesn't like learning curve, no budget

10. xploit - No time and no money.

11. asknopt - confused, too much information, can't find answers, knows he needs a plan

12. auroretan - information overload, navagating through bad info to get to the good info, discovered the need to continue taking action, discovered the need to focus on continued education, learned the importance of building relationships in this industry, learned to love the moment and live in the moment and the money will follow! READ THIS POST!!!

13. winarrow - focus, too much to learn, not enough time to catch up, fear to ask for help, information overload, desire to succeed.

14. armour248 - lack of confidence, lack of knowledge, fear of loss, poor business posture

15. female_9999 fear of loss

16. minzet is trying to operate without a plan, hasn't determined a real starting point, is attempting to move into marketing without adequate training.

17. parikshit fear of loss, doesn't understand the need to invest in education to succeed, hasn't developed a plan to master initial skills required to earn.

18. mandyk similarities of others experiences with her own, the dilemmas of massive action, dealing with misguided actions & misinformation, fear of failure

19. ljsunshine not knowing where to begin, mountains of information to wade through, starting out with free resources, has a goal and is pushing forward

20. sanjaybanerje Needs to develop communication skills, to learn to articulate, isn't involved enough in forum threads and posts, doesn't appear to have a plan.

21. ryansterlingg ryan actually has a plan in the making, polish it up and keep going. Finish your plan and stick to it. You have an established budget, you need to select your field, your tracker, and your traffic source. Then take action, get involved with the folks in this forum in the field you chose. You'll be earning quick!

22. melisata Information overload, lack of persistence, jumping from course to course.

23. knightxking A work in progress and looking forward to updates on your progress.

24. aristotle Fear of losing money and time, shiny object syndrome, lack of focus, no follow through, easily distracted by daily onslaught of pitches from other marketers.

25. invincible Confusion about what a plan really is, needs to become more oriented with our industry, requires more commitment to resources like a VPS, doesn't have a starting point established.

26. tiego679 Taking action, but a little confused. Establishing direction.

27. michael962003 Confused, disoriented, no plan, no budget,

28. Ayman Feeling lost with no direction, knows that one can't create a plan without having to learn the basics first, feels circumstances and requirements for this business are holding him down, has perspective issues.

29. youngs18 Doesn't know where to start, feeling a bit overwhelmed.

30. yafee Has a firm understanding of the missteps and unnecessary thoughts that holds a Newbie back and is ready to push forward after having consumed this thread in its entirety. This is why we have this thread.

31. MikeT Having the same issues as most have outlined for themselves in these threads, has been stuck in purchased products with no return or formidable gain in knowledge, feels the sting when thinking of trying to compete with the big and successful marketers already on top, Thinks it takes years to earn. Has a lack of confidence, trust, and faith. Riddled with fear.

32. anupbro Has no money to begin, wants to start a business without funding it.

33. wrcato2 May be experiencing apprehensions due to having to learn new things, doesn't want to spend any money starting a new business, has a little confusion about how things work, knows he needs a plan, needs to acquire and learn the basic tools necessary, and came to the FIX to gt this all straightened out!

34. CoolSpot Information overload causing confusion, stuck on reading and not taking the first steps to get the ball rolling, needs to dive in and get a plan to execute.

35. Earl Coy (digitard93) Earl has read this entire thread and found his path. He has seen all of fears in the others post of this thread an has replaced them with confidence, a plan, and is ready to be an affiliate. Go get them Earl!

36. urbano Allowing indecision to control the moment.

37. Drakon Needs to become more familiar with using this forum, no real direction or plan.

38. Daniele Has absolutely no drive or commitment to make it happen. Claims to have no time to learn or implement. Claims information overload.

39. affiliate Looks to be lost in the land of opportunity, struggling with indecision, no there is something to all of this but isn't structuring the plan that will bring it all home. You can do this @affiliate !

40. Lindsey Hanley Isn't ready to do business IMO

41. Manhas Starting out by being negative, doesn't recognize the resources available, feels a lack of everything instead of seeing the abundance of everything, experiencing the result of negative thinking which is feeling as though things are stopping progress.

42. DeMiThA Isn't ready for prime time because DeMiThA has not researched, has not built a plan, has not designed a budget, has not read this entire thread, has not read the Wiki, etc. Is complaining about things that all of this would resolve!

43. zaki titou Living a self actualized failure. Not willing to take action, unwilling to be positive and push forward. Never follows through with projects.

44. ragnarkar unwilling to invest in business. Complains about investment or spending money to earn money. Has no grounding or understanding of business and is unwilling to accept taking a responsible role in business. Expects everyone else to the work without having to do it personally.

45. Exo Fear of loss, fear of failure, and fear of losing money. When operating from fear, you destined to lose. Sees all failures as a loss and allows failures to perpetuate fear of loss as if it were a self filling prophecy.

46. Ruann Feels the need to be a techie in order to be a marketer. This is not so at all. You will learn some techie stuff along the way, but you don't have to aspire to be a techie. Most marketers never reach a level of being called a techie. We hire techies!

47. Brixter02 Is letting small things felt in the way. Just pick the tools and get on with it. Pick a tracker and get a landing page builder. Plenty of options for this. Choose them and get on with it. Don't let the little things slow you down or stop you from moving forward.

48. raj14 Feels that figuring this out is a mystery to be solved. In some ways it is, but that's a good thing. This is true for all of us all of the time and this will never end. It's all about figuring out new formulas, always. Thinsk that there is too much information, this is never true. There is never too much information, not ever! Also, thinks,that couses for thousands may be the answer, sometimes they are helpful, but are not necessary to accomplish ones goals in this business. This community has all of the same information, one just needs to spend time studying and implementing to find the "gold in them thar hills"!

49. Mareslo Another fear of failing. Honestly, it never ceases to amaze me that people in any way allow this type of thought to enter their mind. Understand this, "YOU WILL HAVE FAILURES!" We all do, everyday! No one is 100% in all they do in this business. We do "trial and error" in all parts of our business everyday. Also, has the mindset that everything is complicated. Not so, but there is a lot that is comprehensive. This simply means there are a lot of moving parts, so to speak. It's a business, every business has lots of facets. Anyone that thinks this business has lots of facets, try going into Real Estate, or a Law Profession, or a Medical field, or the Restaurant biz. By comparison, this industry is like learning to use an Easy Bake oven!

50. Erroshay Not a problem solver, too much of a worry wart about the small things like getting a grip on landing pages, banners, and other creative stuff we use. Gave up here after only five posts. This business requires getting an education, setting a budget, and taking action. She started taking action, and then gave up. A total lack of commitment!

51. Annabella101

52. AarontheHumble

53. raynoldclare

54. eBoki

55. davidper

56. jakon

57. Red

Look At The Patterns Everyone! You will see that everyone has many things in common here. More on this after we get a few more members posting in here. Be sure to read all of the responses.

THIS IS IMPORTANT TO YOU!

Last edited:
I've been curious about affiliate marketing for a long while. I am currently self-employed as a Realtor and have learned a lot about online marketing but marketing as an affiliate seems like a whole different animal. I'm enrolled in an AF course now which is taking me step by step so I'm feeling more confident. I guess the biggest obstacle is not wanting to lose money. I know and understand it takes money to make money and as an entrepreneur that's always the case. There's a lot out there online that says you can easily get ripped off so I think that probably just contributes to everyone's (myself included) trepidation. I have started to dip my toe in the water though, so that's something at least.

I am currently self-employed as a Realtor

I was a Realtor myself for a number of years. Loved it until the market and real estate crashes in '08!

Affiliate Marketing has no ceiling like real estate.

have learned a lot about online marketing but marketing as an affiliate seems like a whole different animal.
It's a different area of sales. It is a completely different industry. You have to learn to be a good or great Realtor, you have to learn to be a good or great affiliate marketer. Any thing new requires an education, field work, investment, and a progression towards goals.

I'm enrolled in an AF course now which is taking me step by step so I'm feeling more confident.

Use this community, many courses are great, but think about this for a minute, how many courses do we take in schools (at any level)? Many, many, many, ........ In this business, you need to collaborate with members in communities like this one. Go to events and meetups, get schooled by your peers in the industry.

I guess the biggest obstacle is not wanting to lose money.

This is not an obstacle. Hear me, NOT AN OBSTACLE!

This is a self imposed emotional restriction. If you buy lottery tickets, go to casinos, etc., that's where you can plan on losing money! If you plan on losing money in business, then guess what, you will LOSE! This remark of yours is stated everyday by Newbies coming into the business. It's a fear based statement and you need to kick it to the curb, immediately, PERIOD!

When I got into real estate, I was in my late forties, and guess what, I had to invest thousands of dollars to start and didn't get my first check for over three months. I've been an entrepreneur all of my life and there were some businesses I started and owned that took years to start seeing a profit. Deal with it, you are going to invest money. Build a plan, a budget, invest in the correct and needed tools, platforms, and such.

I have been in many businesses and industries, there are no other industries like this where you can invest a few grand and start earning in a short period of time.

YOU ARE NOT LOSING MONEY, YOU ARE INVESTING IN YOUR NEW BUSINESS, LEARNING TO PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER, AND THEN BUYING DATA!

There's a lot out there online that says you can easily get ripped off so I think that probably just contributes to everyone's (myself included) trepidation.

Poor choice of words when you say something like, "you can easily get ripped off so I think that probably just contributes to everyone's (myself included) trepidation". Speak for yourself, saying "everyone" is claiming all of us think like you and that is simply not the case. We all have skeptical thoughts when dealing with the unknown, but for myself (and others like me), the unknown is where the gold is. Undiscovered territory is where we find the vein of gold we never knew existed.

You have what Zig Ziglar calls "Stinkin' Thinkin'". You are basing decisions on fear of losing money and trepidation of the unknown and possible scammers. You are looking for trouble with stinkin' thinkin'. Turn that thinking around.

I have started to dip my toe in the water though, so that's something at least.

There is no "toe dipping" in this business. Not in any way, shape, or form.

YOU MUST TAKE MASSIVE ACTION!!!

Get a VPS, a tracker, join a couple of networks, choose one niche, one paid traffic source, and a resource for landing pages. Stick with these until you master them, DO NOT SWITCH! Stay with them until you master them, a month or two at most. Once you do this, then you will have the masterful skill set to expand into other verticals and other tools and platforms. If you do not follow this simple instruction, you will get roto-molded into the "grass is greener" syndrome and never make it in this business.

If you are a successful Realtor, then this industry will make itself available to you as a success as well.

Last edited:
It was very hard to find Something legit to get started with in terms of making money online. There are millions of "Ways to do it" but when you are starting out a lot of the things you encounter are complete scams. Also like others have said that the people who are making a ton of money will say they are but then don't follow through on the teaching aspect. I have spent hours upon hours going through B/S in the past. Many times I would just give up and then at some point in the future revisit my search for something legit. I went through this for years before deciding to actually go with something I found that was legit and start my journey.

It was very hard to find Something legit to get started with in terms of making money online.

Most of us are going to disagree with this statement. In just a few minutes I can find thousands of legitimate offers to promote in my many affiliate network accounts.

I can find more than a hundred legitimate affiliate programs to promote as well, right here in our Resources area.

There are millions of "Ways to do it" but when you are starting out a lot of the things you encounter are complete scams.

I think you are combining two elements here, what to promote and how to promote it. You need to separate these.

As for just starting out, saying "a lot of things you encounter are complete scams" is self defeating and I can't wrap my head around why you would say this. I can go to Amazon and become an affiliate for them, is that a scam? I can go to most any product website and join their affiliate program, are they all scams? I can go to any of my many affiliate network accounts and find thousands of offers to promote, are they all scams?

I think you are seeing scams where they don't exist.

Also like others have said that the people who are making a ton of money will say they are but then don't follow through on the teaching aspect.

What does a person's claim of making loads of money have to do with teaching?

I have spent hours upon hours going through B/S in the past. Many times I would just give up and then at some point in the future revisit my search for something legit. I went through this for years before deciding to actually go with something I found that was legit and start my journey.

I'm afraid you are looking for things that don't exist. I have hundreds of thousands of dollars of coaching programs dating back to the late '90's and while there are the cheap WSO's for $49 and such (not worth a crap), the courses I have that cost in the thousands typically have everything you need to earn.

You have too much skepticism and are defining most everything as a scam. I would like to know how the top affiliate networks, the top affiliate programs, and the top retailers affiliate programs are scams. They are all right there in front of you, yet you seem to just claim the majority of everything is a scam.

Reset your sights and thinking, collaborate with members in the community and learn what offers and what programs seem to earn for them. Quit judging!

I think you are combining two elements here, what to promote and how to promote it. You need to separate these.

you ever do any motivational speaking? If not, you should. Or at least could.

This is the way we all eliminate distractions along with knowing that you are the boss of your new business, your new company. When you have plans

Last edited by a moderator:
As a newbie, I keep being confused about the promotion of affiliate link. How would I know that my post is going to the right audience?
Thanks in advance.

As a newbie, I keep being confused about the promotion of affiliate link. How would I know that my post is going to the right audience?
Thanks in advance.

Do you mean if your ad is going to the right audience in your paid traffic? If so, a tracking link can give you that kind of data. Also, many traffic sources allow you to drill down demographics, so your ad is shown only to the audience you want it shown to.

Thanks @azgold
Actually by this time I am not using paid traffic. I provide the affiliate link on some social media sites with a few contents. Is it the right way? For instance: Three days ago, I posted a couple of affiliate link of the handmade wedding gift items on Twitter but I can't be so sure that if the relevant persons (like the bride's friends) will be able to see that.

I provide the affiliate link on some social media sites

Then you have little control over your demographics. Try to attract the type of audience you most want. Use a tracker to find out who is clicking your ad.

I would find (using your example) brides-to-be and follow her friends, see if they follow you back. Be careful not to overdo your links, or they may unfollow you.

MI
Back