The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Are your sites Mobile Friendly?

blackdata

affiliate
I'm sure that, by now, everyone has heard the news that Google now grades your site's mobile friendliness into their ranking algorithm. About a month ago, I finally finished upgrading all of my wordpress themes to responsive themes and although I'm not thrilled with a few of them, I have to admit -- they look MUCH better on tablets and phones now.

Have you all switched over?

Well some of them are, some aren't. I am in the process of making them responsive too though. I think this is something that every web designer should take care of. The number of PC it's decreasing and the traffic it's moving towards mobile devices continually. So responsive themes are a must right now.

The number of household computers are decreasing? I wonder where you heard that one. PCs are still and will perhaps always be used for the simple fact that its capabilities in terms of media including watching movies, playing games, creating graphics, gigantic disk space, and large monitors are timeless and only improve with the years. Mobile phones and tablets still cannot compare to them, and it is doubtful that they ever will since if powerful hardware can fit in their tight, restrictive spaces, then hardware that is many times more powerful due to the lift of space restrictions will be developed and implemented into laptops and desktops practically forever to fuel these demands.

It's just that more people are using mobile phones in their daily lives away from the PC, that's all. It still serves as an example as to why webmasters should make their themes more responsive to these devices, though, the million of users who use mobile devices is a huge sign that there is a market there.

My only website is mobile friendly and I am working on transforming a few of my client's websites to be mobile friendly.

I believe some themes on Wordpress offer free mobile friendly websites which is a plus, and I have been searching for that specific theme for ages now. I can't seem to find a decent looking one with mobile integration included. I might as well make my own theme and customize the website to be mobile friendly.

Yes. I have switched everything to responsive themes but I want it to have its own mobile specific theme. But when I think I am ready to create a mobile specific theme I just go lazy and just let the responsive theme do its own. I just adjusted my ad banners to look good both on desktop and mobile.

I must have been in the first group to switch over. I know how frustrating it is to view a site that is mobile-unfriendly on my phone. With most people now accessing the internet through their mobile's, it's very important to cater for them.

My site has a mobile theme, but it's nothing special. It's the default mobile theme that comes with vBulletin.

Something good to learn since I am not mobile tech savvy...anyways how do you use your mobile to be Google Friendly...I would like to know...planning on buying a new cell and may be some expert can teach me how to....Thanks!

My blogs have responsive themes. I also use the WPtouch plugin on one of my blogs. I really like the simple, straightforward mobile theme that this plugin generates.

I think it's extremely important these days to have a mobile-ready site. As the OP pointed out, Google's algorithm factors in our mobile friendliness. If we fail in this regard, we also risk losing out on a significant amount of traffic from people with smartphones and tablet computers.

hi,i have created a website but i want to convert it to mobile site.
how can i convert it?

Get a website builder software to load your site into, most of them today will create all necessary versions of your site to be responsive compliant.

Artisteer
Komposer
Muse

Well I think it is important that your site is mobile friendly, yes. Many people use internet mostly from phones. Leave me a message if you need help! I have my site in signature, you can see that it works very nice on phones. :)

Yes, you have to make your website mobile friendly. As far as i see, on my website 40% visitors are mobile visitors, so if your website is not mobile friendly, you are loosing a big part of your business.

You will want to make sure you have a mobile-responsive theme. You can find these themes on Wordpress, or if you are willing to pay a bit more, the ThemeForest themes are all responsive with great designs. If you are wanting to go custom, I would recommend learning Bootstrap and modifying a default Wordpress theme.

Yes. I have switched everything to responsive themes but I want it to have its own mobile specific theme. But when I think I am ready to create a mobile specific theme I just go lazy and just let the responsive theme do its own. I just adjusted my ad banners to look good both on desktop and mobile.

MI
Back