The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Anyone using squidoo as an income generating channel?

Sabrina178

I know all of you are familiar with squidoo and how people are making money from squidoo.

I dont have any strong experience with monetizing blogs or squidoo lenses, my question is, is squidoo worth it? I know I can use amazon, ebay modules in there without signing up at amazon or becoming an affiliate.

I know all of you are familiar with squidoo and how people are making money from squidoo.

I dont have any strong experience with monetizing blogs or squidoo lenses, my question is, is squidoo worth it? I know I can use amazon, ebay modules in there without signing up at amazon or becoming an affiliate.

From the "tone" of your post it sounds like you're looking for a shortcut...and there aren't any. ;)

"Is Squidoo worth it?" -- Yes it is, as one tool in a collection of marketing tools dedicated to an entire marketing effort which is part of a solid business plan (not the long boring kind, the succinct "get it done" kind).

Squidoo by itself...sure...you could make some money. You could share your commissions with Squidoo (or donate them to charity).

But why?

Why not sign up as an affiliate of Amazon and Ebay...spend a week creating some seriously fantastic content to post (initially, you'll have to produce a TON more over time)...then use other strategies to market your Squidoo site and a main website?

Just a thought. :cool:

From the "tone" of your post it sounds like you're looking for a shortcut...and there aren't any. ;)

"Is Squidoo worth it?" -- Yes it is, as one tool in a collection of marketing tools dedicated to an entire marketing effort which is part of a solid business plan (not the long boring kind, the succinct "get it done" kind).

Squidoo by itself...sure...you could make some money. You could share your commissions with Squidoo (or donate them to charity).

But why?

Why not sign up as an affiliate of Amazon and Ebay...spend a week creating some seriously fantastic content to post (initially, you'll have to produce a TON more over time)...then use other strategies to market your Squidoo site and a main website?

Just a thought. :cool:

I have to agree! Squidoo can be great but it is one of many tools in the IM world! Don't put all your eggs in one basket! Good luck

I heard that Squidoo was penalised in the search results from Google.

And... even so it's still an effective marketing tool.

One little tip that might provide a different way of thinking here...

Google IS a search engine...but people also search on Twitter, Facebook, Squidoo and other sites as well ;)

Big G is certainly big, but isn't the only game in town.

And...

Think about how Seth Godin uses Squidoo himself (pay close attention to his model, not his stature as a marketing expert). He doesn't always "get found" in Google, instead Squidoo is integrated into his marketing process.

You see, marketing isn't just about "getting found", it's also the "presentation" by which people choose whether or not to do business with you (even as an affiliate).

I do not use it for monetary purposes but I love squidoo... it's so colorful and exciting with the lenses etc... apparently a lot of people are using it for making money as they have modules for ebay amazon etc in the lenses...

If you opt to use Squidoo, just make sure your lenses are allowed as they have a laundry list of topics you can't write about now. They will lock your lens or not publish it at all.

banners
Back