The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Anyone using Solar power at home?

We don't currently, but it is something we looked in to and had somebody come around about it as well, but they were trying to push the water heating solar, rather than the panels that generate electricity, as they costed so much more and it took longer to get your money back that they were guaranteed for, although that could be different now!

It is something I'll be looking at again though, so I would also be interested in anybodies experiences on this too.

I'm just about to get Solar Hot Water panels installed ... you can follow progress @ my barn conversion site.

The payoff period is now quite low (around five years) so worth looking into especially with rising fuel costs.

I have 10 photovoltaic panels (120W) which I use to charge batteries, they obviously don't produce that much power but it does mean I can run the laptop and a few other things off them - I'm looking to convert an old UPS and some of the router (at home) PSU to run off it when I get around to it.

I've also got it hooked up to a small home made monitoring board and a Bluetooth Arduino which sends back voltage, current in/out, temp and light levels (though I've broke the sensor for this) which I then make cacti graphs out of ... it's all about the graphs man :D.

ChrisB.

I am using solar water heater in home. Its overall price is Rs. 15000/-. We got hot water in rainy day also. Also it saves our electricity .

----------------------
King

banners
Back