The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Anyone seen the Google ALGO patent?

Paul_KY

affiliate
appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=20050071741&OS=20050071741&RS=20050071741

"[0039] Consider the example of a document with an inception date of yesterday that is referenced by 10 back links. This document may be scored higher by search engine 125 than a document with an inception date of 10 years ago that is referenced by 100 back links because the rate of link growth for the former is relatively higher than the latter. While a spiky rate of growth in the number of back links may be a factor used by search engine 125 to score documents, it may also signal an attempt to spam search engine 125. Accordingly, in this situation, search engine 125 may actually lower the score of a document(s) to reduce the effect of spamming."

I'm pretty sure everyone knows my stance on, "new" directory links, buying tons of links, links on sigs, link <cough> contests, links here, links there, etc. Well, now you know why.

Interesting Paul,
But this is only one of many many factors used to rank site. I think you should also read smeagain's sandbox articles.

But even then the so called SEO gurus differ in approach fundamentally, what one swear by another swear at.

I searcht US Patents on a regular basis and learn all sorts of things.
This is hard work and therefore doesn't get thrown to the public very often.
That's why I for one SEO am quiet about this Paul.

I understand, completely. ;o]

If anyone's interested in a lengthy thread regarding the subject, go here: webmasterworld.com/forum30/28814.htm

MI
Back