The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Anybody selling magic bullets???

buckets209

I'm just kidding... Unless you have one.

But, for real though, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction of some demographic research tools. Or, just what your own strategy is?

Do you use webscraping? Or, maybe SEMrush? I think all the recommended free resources in the WIKI aren't available anymore. The only one I can access is Quantcast and I can't find a video or post anywhere explaining how to use that tool for researching demogdraphics. Except maybe on your own website.

My final question was about traffic networks. Would one of those replace google ads as far as creating ad campaigns? I am not entirely sure what those are yet or if I need one just starting out?

I feel like I am so close to having a solid understanding of the basics and what I need to do to be able to set up my first campaign ((successful or not)) I just need a couple more pieces to the puzzle.

Thanks in advance

-buckets

demographic research
With regard to what sort of data and what GEOS?

^ this is just general aggregated data. If I cannot see the source data --I may consider that data --but that's it.

I have read numerous Juniper and Gartner summary reports. The information may be actionable as general strategies but not as individual fine tuned tactics.

Most business statistics are seldom used to their greatest advantage. PII (personally identifying information) has been regulated to the point where the EU GDPR has included IP addresses and other derived data from that as PPI. Google-Analytics used to provide segmented data of user affinity (when you did enough traffic volume (based on the users of the referring domains) the have since stopped because this is the use of PII data.

You will have to develop your own real-time data, based on your own target customer acquisition and product --at your own expense of subscribing to data tools you haven't any source data that is verifiable other that your own gleaned results.

Unless, you can develop statistical logic that may be relevant to your demographic and product target there are no silver bullets in life.

The US Government publishes actual data that is relatively current for GEO, Segments of county and state
Below: Most working poor zip code locales USA IRS 2018 (earned income credit tax returns -- aggregated by postal (zip) codes):

earned-inc-credit-most-working-poor-irs2018.jpg

@Graybeard Thank you for the response.

It seems to me like you are saying somebody's first campaign would basically just be a shot in the dark. And then, you would optimize your campaign based off of whatever traffic you aquired from that campaign?

I'm not sure what I expected, but, I thought there was a way to aquire certain types of data that linked people's demographics to their interests and types of websites that they visited and products that they bought.

I am still naive to all of this.

It's definitely a 'laddering' effort.

I have never seen any 'ready-made' and correlated data like that. Supposition comes from acquired data and it's results --when the sample is large enough to be statistically reliable. But there are a lot of variables if the sample data is not large enough.

You might be able to segment traffic, by some logic, with PPC SEM or Facebook CPC display ads. Still, you are relying on what Google or Facebook says without seeing the source data and making your own decisions. Google or Facebook are about as trustworthy as a used car salesman or a politician.
Oh, I see. Well, that's unfortunate. But, honestly it's mildly liberating knowing that I have one less step and one less software to learn before I can start my first campaign. I have information overload but I know it will come together and make sense once I get my feet wet.

Thank you for the help!

It seems to me like you are saying somebody's first campaign would basically just be a shot in the dark. And then, you would optimize your campaign based off of whatever traffic you aquired from that campaign?
It's definitely a 'laddering' effort.
I thought there was a way to acquire certain types of data that linked people's demographics to their interests and types of websites that they visited and products that they bought.

I have never seen any 'ready-made' and correlated data like that. Supposition comes from acquired data and its results --when the sample is large enough to be statistically reliable. But there are a lot of variables if the sample data is not large enough.

You might be able to segment traffic, by some logic, with PPC SEM or Facebook CPC display ads. Still, you are relying on what Google or Facebook says without seeing the source data and making your own decisions. Google or Facebook are about as trustworthy as a used car salesman or a politician.

Last edited:
I have information overload

This is one of the industries leading falsehoods!

It DOES NOT EXIST!

Think about it for a minute. Nobody can overload a mind or a brain. Not possible! This little nugget, the "information overload", was created by marketers a part of an angle and used as the hook to generate sales in the affiliate marketing course wars, 20 years ago. It was meant to give a sense of ease for those new to the industry which then opens the mind to a trusting state before the sales letter began. you see, in order for you, me, or anyone, to be receptive, our minds must be interrupted (a pattern interrupt), which give the mind a peaceful state temporarily (but long enough) to introduce new information and when that new information leads a person to a solution it then becomes accepted as a possibility or a likelihood. This became viral, one of the first viral marketing techniques for those seeking courses and instruction.

I repeat; "Information overload does not exist"!

I have been to the Library of Congress and the Smithsonian many times. When I walked into each for the first time, I did not feel information overload, I experienced "awe", and still do! I experienced a moment or two of "timelessness". Not once did I think, feel, or express any form of "information overload", because it does not exist!

You have been programmed by a viral false mental explanation of what so many now immediately call "information overload".

My brother is a Dr. he never felt or thought this, I've been an entrepreneur for 50+ years and I never felt this, my best friend is a highly successful physicist and he has never felt this or thought this. We have had moments to talk about this "information overload" thing and get a good chuckle when others bring it up.

What you are experiencing is recognition there is a lot to learn and do (more than you expected) and a lack of organization for the new information you acquire in our industry and immediately call it "information overload.

Do yourself a favor and take a step back, realize you need to pick a starting point with one type of marketing that we do and commit to mastering it. 5 to 10 months max if you properly fund the endeavor, acquire the appropriate tools, and dedicate the time. Once you have done that, you will be very well endowed with what is necessary to add another form of what we do to your new business, and it gets quicker and smoother each and every time thereafter!

I always recommend starting with CPA, paid traffic, a good tracker, a VPS, and an intelligence subscription. Stick to the mainstream offers and niches at first. Collaborate several times a week, or more, with others in the industry.

We're here to guide you, you have to do the work. Everyone's learning curve and absorption rates are different, don't compare yourself to others.

You will do it if you do what those of us have done and learned before you.

What you are experiencing is recognition there is a lot to learn and do (more than you expected) and a lack of organization for the new information you acquire in our industry and immediately call it "information overload.
Well, that was very humbling. I didn't realize that I needed someone to point this out to me. But, here I am. Feeling more motivated than ever to get my shit together and attack all this new information with a more concerted effort towards organizing it in a way that I understand it better.

Thank you for that!

banners
Back