The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Anybody Can Teach Me about Postback URL?

moneydrop2021

Hi guys, I have been super frustrated in regards to the postback URL. Basically, my tracker either doesn't show the conversions at all, only expenses, or it won't show both. Until now, I haven't been able to understand the real logic behind the postback URL such as that tokens etc. I am currently using Thrive Tracker and it is very frustrating that I can't find where the conversions are coming from. Can anybody chat with me on Skype?

Hi guys, I have been super frustrated in regards to the postback URL. Basically, my tracker either doesn't show the conversions at all, only expenses, or it won't show both. Until now, I haven't been able to understand the real logic behind the postback URL such as that tokens etc. I am currently using Thrive Tracker and it is very frustrating that I can't find where the conversions are coming from. Can anybody chat with me on Skype?
Hey, it seems like an implementation issue. At SelfAdvertiser we work with post back URL's and often help our advertisers and affiliates to implement their tracking. You can also contact your traffic source or the tracker for assistance. I'm not really familiar with this tracker but I'll be happy to assist. You can contact me on Skype - diana_selfadvertiser

Thank you for the reply, all.
The offer is from Maxbounty and the traffic network is PropellerAds. I think the traffic network support was trying to be helpful, but I am not a technical person, so I am lost. I may be contacting one of you on Skype this week.

Hi @atc90211,
For postback setup, Your tracking support team will help you and if conversions aren't tracked, then other variable also make effect.
Does it your first time, you're setting up campaigns?

Hi, @atc90211

We can do you a demo of RedTrack.io and set-up integrations in you account as we speak.

We will show you how to pass conversion event from network to tracker and then from tracker to traffic source.
Since we have all postbacks on the interface level - no technical skills are required. Just ask redrack support for demo and reference this post.

Whether you'll use our solution after the demo or apply the knowledge to set-up your current tool is your choice.

Hey buddy.
The link from the tracker (the ond you set up in your affilaite network) should look like this:
domain.com/gpb.php?amount={revenue}&subid={clickid}&txid={trans_id}
The main thing here is to pass clickid properly, everything else is optional.
To the tracking URL you add &clickid={subid} just so that the network figures out which parameter to pass clickid to.
And that's basically it :)

Hey, let me try and make things simpler.
Postback integration is merely a server-to-server (also called s2s) integration between 2 partners, through which they communicate the data to each other.
Let's take a simple example: imagine you worked as a shoe store manager in the 1990s and that you had to communicate all the sales data to your boss at the end of each day by phone.
When communicating to him, you would tell him information such as:
- total number of sales
- total number of sales per product (red shoes, blue shoes, sports shoes, etc)
- total number of sales per product and size as well (red shoes size 9, blue shoes size 8, etc)
And so on. These are criteria which compose the data, which your boss would've used to understand how the market goes, which products sell best and which don't, where to re-supply and etc.

It's the same in affiliate marketing: you buy traffic. But traffic means users which have different criteria, and you need to use tokens for each set of criteria. Let me give you an example of such tokens:
- clickid - a unique number that is generated when a potential customer clicks on an Affiliate link
- transaction_id - when a user does the action required by an offer (fills a survey, buys a product, etc), they perform a transaction, which receives a unique ID
- payout - the amount paid to you for the said transaction
- device - are they using a phone, a tablet or a desktop?
- OS - is it iOS, Android, Bada, or others?

So, to help the advertiser communicate sales data to you, you need to tell him what information is relevant to you (just like we were talking about shoe colours, shoe sizes, etc). And that's when you choose tokens (clickid, payout, transaction_id, pub-id, etc).

What is more important is that you match the tokens correctly. Some systems name the clickid differently (cid, transaction_id, etc), which is why you need to see what every parameter means for every one of your partners (Propeller Ads might name it "clickid", MaxBounty might name it "cid"). Whenever you have doubts, look for explanations for each token so that you understand how to match them.

Once you've done the matching, do a dummy callback test with your dedicated AM (Affiliate Manager) at MaxBounty to see if everything goes smoothly. If he reports that all is well and you see a dummy conversion in your tracking software, you're good to go. If not, you need to keep on digging.

I hope this helps.

Hello, Sir, you can check this article very detail to explain the postback url

Affiliate networks usually has a guide for those to make it easier for you and if your traffic is high volume they can do it for you. Please check our site if you are interested.
Pays for Adult Dating leads PPL SOI
Weekly payments
Referral Program

I don't know the specifics of your application.

A postback is to a location of some other server's actions. In general terms: how servers *talk* to one another saying an event has occurred.

An authorization token is normally used to identify the party requesting the post back. Think of is as an ID document. This is a JSON/AJAX RPC >
AJAX, JSON, and XML-RPC

Think of this of you making a call to find out if an event has occurred e.g.; a sale made, an ad served, a click-thru resulting in some CPA

Graybeard, Jan 7, 2018

atc90211 likes this

I don't know the specifics of your application.

A postback is to a location of some other server's actions. In general terms: how servers *talk* to one another saying an event has occurred.

An authorization token is normally used to identify the party requesting the post back. Think of is as an ID document. This is a JSON/AJAX RPC >
AJAX, JSON, and XML-RPC

Think of this of you making a call to find out if an event has occurred e.g.; a sale made, an ad served, a click-thru resulting in some CPA

Graybeard, Jan 7, 2018

atc90211 likes this
Thanks. Now my understanding of postback URL is way better than before. The most important thing to do is to contact the affiliate manager and the token issues are sorted out.

MI
Back