The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Any good FREE Spy Tools or options??

AMnewbie

Hey guys, I have lost a lot of money trying CPA marketing and now with little funds to keep trying I have to cut costs wherever I can.

Since the top spy tools are very expensive at average $150 per month I am wondering if there is any free one or what might be the cheapest good one if any?

What I would like from a Spy tool would be:
1. To show top current offers in all verticals
2. To see the different landers for an offer
3. To see which traffic networks or sources are being used which is making that offer successful if this is possible?

Thx.

The only free way to spy is manually. It is how we all once did it. No one is going to provide all of the information you seek for free. Those intelligence platforms cost upwards of $1MM to $3MM to build out and maintain annually.

If you think that $150 per month is expensive, you need to adjust your thinking. This is a business and you need a business mindset. You need a plan that includes all of the expenses to meet the needs of that plan. Then you need to achieve the budget necessary to implement, maintain, and scale that plan!

So many come into this industry thinking they can make a great success on a few bucks, it just is not true. 20 years ago you could do it really cheap, a few hundred bucks. Today, you need a serious budget to truly build your business.

So many come into this industry thinking they can make a great success on a few bucks, it just is not true. 20 years ago you could do it really cheap, a few hundred bucks. Today, you need a serious budget to truly build your business.

Yep, that sound about right. It is as I had stated a while back, most of these webinar guys and youtube guys give the impression that all you need to do is take their course for 1-2k and you're on your way.

So when people with little budget as myself buy into the hype and spend what little we have, this is where we end up unfortunately. I wish I had known what you had written here from the get so I would not have bothered to get into CPA marketing.

that all you need to do is take their course for 1-2k and you're on your way.

Well, there are several very great courses out there. The one that has always worked for our members wanting to learn CPA is CPA Evolution by William Souza. As well as his Mobile Profits course. We'll be doing his webinars in the coming months. We do his every year.

The thing is, whether you have a course or not, you need to have a reasonable budget. Any new business requires a reasonable budget. This is the only business I know of that can be started with as little a few grand and result in several hundreds a day in net earnings within a year. Some can achieve more than that in their first year.

One of my brothers is a Dr. and it cost him nearly $700k to get through college, and his first year as a Dr. earned him less that $35k, after 8 years of college!

I wish I had known what you had written here from the get so I would not have bothered to get into CPA marketing.

CPA is extremely lucrative and probably the cheapest form of affiliate marketing to get into.

Look, you are feeling down, disappointed, etc., etc. The thing is, if you want to live the life of an entrepreneur, you have to learn to expect things like not recapturing expenses. Out of my hundreds of business attempts in life, I have had likely 25% of them workout. That 25% were awesome successes and more than made up for the 75% of efforts that did not bear fruit.

Entrepreneurs never give up, not if they are true to their entrepreneurship. Here's the thing. Only about 2% or 3% of those that say they will become digital performance marketers in some fashion actually do it. WHY? Because the other 97% simply quit! They quit because they believed some bull-crap that a person could be a mega success for next to nothing. When they found out it required investment, learning, research, collaborations, and a 60 hour work week, they just gave up.

My advice to you, if you really want that golden ring of success in the online business community, guarantee yourself you will do whatever it takes to make it work. That is the only attitude and mindset that will bring you the success you seek in this industry!

If only you knew some of the bone headed dumbass things I did when I got into this industry you would laugh your ass off for a week. So, expect you will fumble, expect you will spend money before you earn money, and most of all, expect that all of us here will help you build your success and your business, you just have to do your part!

Yeah, I had tried to sign up with Souza, he's a good guy but at the time he was not taking on new students so I had to find other coaches. Tried 2 of them who gave guarantees but failed, one them the first one was a Souza student which is what had given me the confidence but he could not deliver.

The work I don't mind at all, it's just the disappointments from buying into the different guys whom I had tried "guarantees" is what was hard to deal with but that's life.

Now that I have invested so much into cpa there's no turning back for me, wouldn't make sense anyway. Regarding the budget, as one Coach said in YouTube video "if you have to cut grass to get funds to invest then that's what you need to do"!

So I will keep plugging away with the little I have until I should find something which works.

Appreciate the dose of the reality of cpa.

I had tried to sign up with Souza

I can probably get you in with William. I have a scheduled call for next week with him.

"if you have to cut grass to get funds to invest then that's what you need to do"!

Now you're thinking like a true entrepreneur! If you can get the dollars, AFix members will help you make good choices.

Appreciate the dose of the reality of cpa.

If you are doing what you can for now with CPA, I recommend doing it strictly with mobile for now. It's a bigger market share at the moment. Look into it. I'll see if I can score some landers for you. No promises, but sometimes I can get my hands on some to share. Let me know what you're promoting and I'll see what I can do.

google:

"bigspy"
"ubersuggest by Neil Patel"
"link explorer by moz"
"ispionage by tapclicks"
"moat ad search"
"built with search"
"data for seo"
"monitor backlinks"
"ontolo"
"similar web"

Most of these either have free versions or free trails.

Thanks, actually I had taken part in Williams Q&A earlier today. I also connect with him on facebook. I think he had released the Evolution 3.0 on Instagram training last week.

I need some time to gather some cash before I can start experimenting again.

Yes, Mobile is exactly what I had settled on. I had tried doing some split testing with Push campaigns with Propeller Ads last month.

google:

"bigspy"
"ubersuggest by Neil Patel"
"link explorer by moz"
"ispionage by tapclicks"
"moat ad search"
"built with search"
"data for seo"
"monitor backlinks"
"ontolo"
"similar web"

Most of these either have free versions or free trails.

Thanks, I will look into all of them! I had setup an appointment with Adplexity last month but had to postpone it until I will be able to afford it so I am just looking for something which might work meantime.

Thanks, I will look into all of them! I had setup an appointment with Adplexity last month but had to postpone it until I will be able to afford it so I am just looking for something which might work meantime.

All of them operate differently and do spying of some sort but all may not fit your needs :) Hope it helps.

Thanks, actually I had taken part in Williams Q&A earlier today. I also connect with him on facebook. I think he had released the Evolution 3.0 on Instagram training last week.

I need some time to gather some cash before I can start experimenting again.

Yes, Mobile is exactly what I had settled on. I had tried doing some split testing with Push campaigns with Propeller Ads last month.
I am also a newbie and your post really drives home a painful point. If you watch YouTube on CPA Marketing, everything seems so easy and pain-free but in reality it's a very high mountain to climb with no guarantees. I havent really started as there are still a lot of unknowns, and I am afraid to spend money unnecessarily.

I don't wish to discourage you but in the same way as TJ Tutor has laid out the reality of this business, I can only echo it. My advice to you is if you are not prepared to deal with a LOT of frustrations and disappointments and having to spend a lot of money before seeing any profits then do not go into this venture!

Someone had told me that Stats shows that 90% of people trying CPA fails and the reason he had given for this was simply people quit. I look at this as myself being in too deep now to quit so might as well see it through.

Yes, we now know all of the YouTube videos and webinars by these top Entrepreneurs make it look easy. I have taken many courses and reason for doing so is I tell myself well, maybe I might pick up something in the different courses which will give me that edge or answer I am seeking. That hasn't been the case.

Unless you are willing to spend a lot of time, work and money to find some method which will work for you, don't depend too much on the webinars and courses claiming they will make you rich and giving you guarantees. Even if you were to take a course from any of the top guys and still can't make any profit, it will cost around $500 for only a one hour phone or Skype call and what will they tell you which you will not have already learned in the course? So even that one hour consultation will be a gamble.

I will give you this very valuable piece of advice to save you time and money if you should decide to hire a coach "who gives guarantees". Ask that coach if he/she is willing to give you a refund if their method should not work?

I had hired not one but a few coaches who had given me guarantees and they have "secret methods" and all that but they could not deliver so all I had paid for was empty promises. The methods they had used wasn't no secret and can easily be found in free youtube videos.

As for myself, as I go along on my own trying to find my way, I am still trying to find a coach whom I can pay who can put me over the edge but this is what I will be needing from that coach. After we have run the campaigns and done the split testing with different offers and landers and still should not make a profit THEN WHAT??

That is the million dollar question, what to do from that point aside from repeating the same processes over and over without success, THAT is the help I need whether with a coach or not and if you should find yourself in this situation too, I would very strongly advise you do the same! This has been MY experience so far. Many blessings if you should wish to continue with CPA.

Last edited:
I don't wish to discourage you but in the same way as TJ Tutor has laid out the reality of this business, I can only echo it. My advice to you is if you are not prepared to deal with a LOT of frustrations and disappointments and having to spend a lot of money before seeing any profits then do not go into this venture!

Someone had told me that Stats shows that 90% of people trying CPA fails and the reason he had given for this was simply people quit. I look at this as myself being in too deep now to quit so might as well see it through.

Yes, we now know all of the YouTube videos and webinars by these top Entrepreneurs make it look easy. I have taken many courses and reason for doing so is I tell myself well, maybe I might pick up something in the different courses which will give me that edge or answer I am seeking. That hasn't been the case.

Unless you are willing to spend a lot of time, work and money to find some method which will work for you, don't depend too much on the webinars and courses claiming they will make you rich and giving you guarantees. Even if you were to take a course from any of the top guys and still can't make any profit, it will cost around $500 for only a one hour phone or Skype call and what will they tell you which you will not have already learned in the course? So even that one hour consultation will be a gamble.

I will give you this very valuable piece of advice to save you time and money if you should decide to hire a coach "who gives guarantees". Ask that coach if he/she is willing to give you a refund if their method should not work?

I had hired not one but a few coaches who had given me guarantees and they have "secret methods" and all that but they could not deliver so all I had paid for was empty promises. The methods they had used wasn't no secret and can easily be found in free youtube videos.

As for myself, as I go along on my own trying to find my way, I am still trying to find a coach whom I can pay who can put me over the edge but this is what I will be needing from that coach. After we have run the campaigns and done the split testing with different offers and landers and still should not make a profit THEN WHAT??

That is the million dollar question, what to do from that point aside from repeating the same processes over and over without success, THAT is the help I need whether with a coach or not and if you should find yourself in this situation too, I would very strongly advise you do the same! This has been MY experience so far. Many blessings if you should wish to continue with CPA.
Well, yes, I believe that no one would be willing to give his secret sauce to anyone unless he is intoxicated or under the influence. But, for me, one thing that I pound my head on always is, if I were reading this ad or landing page, would I proceed or ignore it? That to me is the Golden Rule. If I were to tick yes, then hey, I think I have found the secret sauce myself.

Yes, of course getting someone to take the offer is the goal but as I have just mentioned in my other thread, from what I have witnessed, having the "right traffic" is the key to reaching the right audience in the first place.

Also good to note that while I am not minimizing the value of good landers, every successful marketer I have spoken to had said they do not always use landers, if the offer itself has a very good page then they send the traffic directly to the offer.

Also good to note that while I am not minimizing the value of good landers, every successful marketer I have spoken to had said they do not always use landers, if the offer itself has a very good page then they send the traffic directly to the offer.
I would have to agree with that. I have a high school friend who is now a high flying and award winning ad executive in my country and we've been throwing some advert ideas back and forth and I'm learning a lot from him. He has not downplayed the effectiveness of landing pages though, but I would ask him when I meet him again. Surprisingly, some of my inputs were acknowledged by him to have some merit. Also he told me that affiliate marketing is a good industry to get into and if done properly, could be very lucrative.

Last edited:
So this is what my ad exec friend told me about landing pages.

1) You have 5 sec to grab their attention and 2 mins maximum for them to stay on your page
2) Make it quick but meaningful
3) About design, it's like sex, you have to get them aroused within 4 secs
4) The goal is for her not to turn you away

but in the same way as TJ Tutor has laid out the reality of this business

My advice to you is if you are not prepared to deal with a LOT of frustrations and disappointments and having to spend a lot of money before seeing any profits then do not go into this venture!

Thanks for bringing your experiences and thoughts, but you are not accurately relaying mine. I don't use expressions like "a LOT of frustrations and disappointments", and if I did, it was in a week moment and not following my own commitments. So if you ever read where I made a statement with those words, SLAP ME! In stead, to be accurate, I always inform everyone that this is a business and requires loyalty to your business, dedication to your business, and investment to your business. Look, anytime you go to college, you have to research and then take tests. In our business you have to research and take action. Both will produce results in a similar fashion. You will get some of it right and you will get some of it wrong (right & wrong, btw, are two of the words in this world I hate! (another word I hate is hate!)). My point is you must keep pushing forward while refining your skills which will eventually bring you success and positive ROI's that can be scaled. This is the essential lesson called "A Thousand Cuts". Sustained repetition refines your skills, and I always say NEVER GIVE UP!

I also frequently say, "This is the only business I know of that can be started with as little a few grand and result in several hundreds a day in net earnings within a year. Some can achieve more than that in their first year." BECAUSE IT IS THE TRUTH!

Someone had told me that Stats shows that 90% of people trying CPA fails and the reason he had given for this was simply people quit.

Okay, so I ask that you do not blend those two. If I have ever done it, my apologies. Quitting and failing are NOT one in the same. What is true though is that 90% or more do quit. For the most part, because those particular people think (because they've heard it said somewhere), that one can enter this business with a few dollars, do very little work, and earn huge profits. That was true in 1996, 97, and 98! The industry has evolved, the metrics have evolved, the competition has evolved, the regulations have evolved, etc., etc., etc.!

THIS BUSINESS IS A VERY VIABLE BUSINESS FOR ANYONE AND EVERYONE.
It is not a business that you can build and sustain on a couple hundred dollars, and then expect your bank account to double everyday.

Make proper investments, do not ever think you are losing money. You are paying for an education, buying data, and going through the same start-up expenses that any new business will require.

banners
Back