The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Amazon, What's it pay?

CoolSpot

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
JATS Affiliate Program
I have been on the amazon associates program for a while, but have never looked into the details on getting it up and running, until today..... I was looking for one key piece of information, what is the payout?

Does anyone know if the percentage is of the item total or just what the user pays amazon?

ie/ surround sound system £100, amazon shows 3% for electronics, so would this be a £3 payable to me or is the 3% from the cost amazon charges the user.

confusion caused by "make your first sale and earn up to 10% advertising fees for the sales you generate"

any insight or first hand experience is appreciated

From what I know, Amazon pays you a set percentage from what the visitor that went through your link buys in TOTAL.
So let's say you sell him a TV but he buys an Xbox too, you get the commission

Hope it answers your question

From my Amazon Associates Account

Associates Compensation Overview

Performance Fee Structure

When you join the program you are automatically enrolled in our Performance Fee Structure which allows you to earn higher fees when you generate a sufficient volume of referrals that result in qualifying purchases at Amazon.com during a given month.

Under the Performance Fee Structure, your advertising rate will range from 4% to 15%, and be based on the total number of qualifying shipped items from both Amazon and third-party sellers, not including those product categories that pay out at a specific fixed advertising fee rate. The same rate will apply equally to both Amazon and third-party items and will apply to all referred items shipped during the month. Please refer to the referral rate tier chart below for additional details.

Fixed Advertising Fee Rates
See the Associates Program Advertising Fee Schedule for a list of product categories that have fixed advertising fee rates and are excluded from Volume-Based Advertising Fee Rates for General Products.

MI
Back