The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Age of a domain?

hamncheese

affiliate
How much importance does the age of a domain have on Search Engine Rank with google?

What do you guys think, ranking from 1-10 (10 being extremely important).

I will start and give it an 9!

I give it about a 3. I have been getting things indexed and ranking in a few days on brand new domains. I think it carries more weight on the very top highly competitive words, but the backlinks and the freshness of those links seem to carry the most weight in my opinion.

Who really knows whether it gets a 3 or a 10. We would only be guessing

All we know is age seems to paly a role in SERPs and PR

Having said that oit need not put anyone off building a new website in any niche

I give it about a 3. I have been getting things indexed and ranking in a few days on brand new domains. I think it carries more weight on the very top highly competitive words, but the backlinks and the freshness of those links seem to carry the most weight in my opinion.

Freshness of links? This is the first time I have heard this! I was under the impression that google likes a steady increase in links with no links disappearing.

Having an aged domain, especially one with backlinks is a definite advantage. If you do by an aged domain make sure that it has not been baned by Google.

Having an aged domain, especially one with backlinks is a definite advantage. If you do by an aged domain make sure that it has not been baned by Google.

Good advice! How do I check if a domain has been banned?

Thanks!

Hendrik

An aged domain is only counted in time from the time you register it. So if you buy it, the "age" starts over, and I would be more concerned with the age of the inbound liks that you build after you purchase the domain.

The engineers at google are not that slow. Stop worrying about shortcuts and do it the right way. There are no shortcuts to a successful online business.

There are aging filters on the links, and all of my testing points to a lower link value while the link is under 60 days to make sure it is not a temp link, like in a classified site.

You can beat older sites with more numbers of quality links, and after about 60 days, you can rest assured that your link values will go up, this is why you build links for a few months and then all of a sudden you see a major rise in positions if you are building links on a regular basis.

To check to see if a site is banned, just put the url in the search bar of the search engine and do a search for it if it is an older domain, but new ones will need to be indexed before it shows up.

An aged domain is only counted in time from the time you register it. So if you buy it, the "age" starts over,

Can you expand on this? The reason this is interesting to me is that I have one domain that is registered in Germany under my father's name, but the site sits on a US based server. We have huge discrepancies in search results when searching google.com in Germany vs. the US. For that reason I wanted to transfer the domain and register it to my name with my US address. Should I be concerned?

Thanks!

Hendrik

This is what you need to consider. I believe I had already posted that you rank in Germany because the comp is low there, where in the US you will need a couple thousand additional links. I did an analysis before I stated what you needed or lacked to attain top positions in the US. It was not speculation, it was by the numbers, since all seo is simple math, and you just do not have enough link value to hit top positions here in the US.

I would not be worried about changing who the URL is registered to, leave it like it is and start building links that are properly anchored and on relevant pages, and you will need some more higher PR links mixed in with this.

So do not worry about where or who it is registered to since it will have no effect on your US rankings, but links will, so concentrate on that.

This will help if you follow through. You can probably add all the links needed quickly since the site and current links already have some age to them.

MI
Back