The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Affordable fast Hosting for Affiliate-promotion in different countries

TWeb

affiliate
Hi Guys, newbie question: I am looking for an affordable but good and fast hosting for landingpages. I checked Vultr and digital ocean. Unfortunately they don’t have servers in some interesting countries like Africa, Indonesia and some others I would like to promote products.

What are you doing when you want to promote products in different countries? Do you have servers in each country?

Thanks
Frank

Regional is probably best.
Singapore (Asia Pacifica (AU-NZ, Indonesia))
Amsterdam (for Africa and the Middle-East)
Major Datacenters will have global locations.

Any CDN to recommend?

Singapore (Asia Pacifica (AU-NZ, Indonesia))
Amsterdam (for Africa and the Middle-East)
Major Datacenters will have global locations.

so do you think Vultr is sufficient to promote international? Amsterdam is close enough for a good speed in South Africa?

Can I check the speed anyhow?

I found this from Servando Silva (Vultr set up with Serverpilot) :

"This setup generally works better than using a CDN (if the geo is close to your server) and definitely beats a VPS/dedicated server in the USA from managed hosting companies when you’re running campaigns around the globe.

The only times where I’ve seen a CDN outperforms this set up is when I buy traffic from places like South Africa or some parts of Asia where there are no servers around."

I would just find a VPS server for just the images or larger .js
what sort of volume per hour? 100 users or 50,000 users?

I am going to guess the internet is sort of slow in most of Africa --maybe there is a decent datacenter in ZA or NI to use? IDK?

Can I check the speed anyhow?
  • there are remote servers that will ping your server from different locations you can compare the times
  • as for actual load --do a websearch I think these type of services are not that accurate for 'actual' because they are using 1gb server switches --they are maybe 'comparative'

Last edited:
I am very sorry for my very late reply.
I just wanted to tell that in the meantime I decided to use Amazon AWS and it’s working really great :)

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the info
thumbsup.png

MI
Back