The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

affilaters traffic on our site will effect google ranking?

milburnnorris

affiliate
I have already 10 year old site with 50,000+ views per month on site and almost 3000 referral views (sessions) from our affilaters sites.

my queations are :
what affilaters referral traffic can effect my site ranking?
what i should create a new site specially for affilaters traffic. because we are using same payment getway as well on site so its giving a advantage to affilaters to makes sales?

i checked my some compositors as well and some are using different site for affilates channel. what should be reason for that?

Thanks

Waiting for your helpful reply.

Affiliate traffic shouldn't have any negative effects on your organic rankings. Bounce rate may have a very minor affect, but I wouldn't lose sleep over that. Focus on unique/quality content and drive legitimate traffic to your site and you should have little to worry about.

I have already 10 year old site with 50,000+ views per month on site and almost 3000 referral views (sessions) from our affilaters sites.

my queations are :
what affilaters referral traffic can effect my site ranking?
what i should create a new site specially for affilaters traffic. because we are using same payment getway as well on site so its giving a advantage to affilaters to makes sales?

i checked my some compositors as well and some are using different site for affilates channel. what should be reason for that?

Thanks

Waiting for your helpful reply.

Google doesn't allow you to implement redirects on your websites to your offers. It should only have an impact on your ranking for organic search.

It depends. Usually the primary reason is that some merchants do not trust their affiliates much and are wary of their traffic sources. Which is why merchants create other websites, where it is not particularly important if affiliates makes any damage to it's ranking.

This case is common for affiliate programs with automatic application approval, where all sorts of "affiliates" can apply, and there is little control over them.

On the other hand, while additional - affiliate - website it is a form of risk control for the merchant, it is usually not the best of solutions for affiliates, as it creates a possibility of a conversion leak.

So having just one website is usually better, and manual affiliate approval is a must.

We, for example, have a reverse approach:

Affiliates are approved manually and are usually allowed to drive traffic to main website - mspy.com
But should an affiliate violate any of the affiliate terms, the list of available websites for him may be narrowed down to secondary websites only, such as mspyapp.com

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
MI
Back