The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Advice for a niche decision

MasterPPC

affiliate
Hello everyone!

I'm currently doing my first baby steps on affiliate world and i have an important decision which i neeed to take:

I invested much a lot of time to figure out what is the perfect nich for me.
I have been searcing a lot for the subject that i'm passionate about it and I finally got it.
The thing is that the comissions are pretty low, it's around 7-10$ per

I't would be nice to here others opinion and get some advice from people who are already did it/ doing affiliate with a small commisions.

I'm aware to the fact that there are many variables that could affect about the profit margin and the ROI - But anyway would like to here from you guys.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I can't see how you will profit with Google Ads as PPC --too small of a margin.
Maybe, Bing or other SEM, social media ads or native ads.
But you will need excellent segmentation or site placement to show a decent ROI/ROAS/ROMI
Since you don't define 'the niche' --you will get no better than a general answer. Again, it depends upon the affinity of the offer.

I can't see how you will profit with Google Ads as PPC --too small of a margin.
Maybe, Bing or other SEM, social media ads or native ads.
But you will need excellent segmentation or site placement to show a decent ROI/ROAS/ROMI
Since you don't define 'the niche' --you will get no better than a general answer. Again, it depends upon the affinity of the offer.
Actually i planed to start with seo and organic traffic only.
I don’t think that i will do paid ads if I have no DATA

Well dont think only in terms of profitability
Thinks that you need to create content for a long period of time ,so you need to have a passion for the niche you choose

currently doing my first baby steps on affiliate world

So, taking careful and planned steps is a better plan I think. Baby steps are for babies. But we all understand your meaning. The fact that you are taking steps is excellent. Taking action is how it all leads to success. It's when you stop stepping, stop taking action, that it all falls apart.

I have been searcing a lot for the subject that i'm passionate about it and I finally got it.

I never subscribed to finding the best niche to start as being something I loved or had a passion for. For about half of us at the beginning was finding hot offers that were paying out for everyone. About half of us just look for hot niches and hot offers. Doing something in a niche of something we love is an emotional decision and not a business oriented decision. Once your business is established and producing regularly, is stable, that's the time for doing something in a niche for which you have passion, IMHO. Either way, make sure you are promoting offers that are currently hot, paying, and with decent payouts for the expense (ROI).

the comissions are pretty low, it's around 7-10$

That's a respectable pay out for many forms of promotion. You are just starting out and a hot offer that pays $7 is likely a good place for you as a newbie to get started. If you get 20 conversions a day at $7 and the conversions cost you less than $2 each then you are on the right track. That may not happen right away, but it will come. Keep in mind that as a newbie, you can consider yourself fortunate to break even after expenses with your first five to ten funnels.

Your first five to ten funnels are your homework, your lessons. Mistakes will be made, but small to medium successes will also cross your path. During this period you are learning to use all of your tools, your tracker, VPS (CPanel & WHM), intelligence platform, building your creatives team for ads, landers, learning copy, etc., etc., etc.

You are in school now, pay attention in class, do your homework, make sure you have the tools required, and you'll ace all your tests!

The best niches, or as I like to say verticals and markets, are those you have a professional or personal interest in.

That way you actually find what you are doing interesting.

The best niches, or as I like to say verticals and markets, are those you have a professional or personal interest in.

That way you actually find what you are doing interesting.
Yes and no:
- yes, you might be motivated to push into the niche, as there is a huge personal interest
- no: if there is no resonance in it, if there is no community, the monetization will be zero.

What I can suggest, and I do it with all my affiliates, is to cross the elements: start with a personal interest, cross it with the communities (they are very vocal, trust me), and TEST, test test test and test. Did I say test? Well, test.

A niche is not forever, you can always change it :)

Hello everyone!

I'm currently doing my first baby steps on affiliate world and i have an important decision which i neeed to take:

I't would be nice to here others opinion and get some advice from people who are already did it/ doing affiliate with a small commisions.

I'm aware to the fact that there are many variables that could affect about the profit margin and the ROI - But anyway would like to here from you guys.

Thank you!
There are two criteria I would look at for picking a niche to promote.

First is, is there a large enough market for it?
Second is, do I have a passion for it? Better, if I am very passionate about it.

Although you can develop a passion for a niche you didn't have passion for before, but that would take time.

It depends on you. If you can promote what you aren't passionate about, then you can ditch your passionate niche, and go for a higher paying niche. But IMO, I would go for something that I am passionate about and has a lot of market demand.

The 3rd criteria you might want to consider is, if this niche is an evergreen niche. A niche that would always have a large market demand.

I hope this helped.

First is, is there a large enough market for it?
This can be also a backfire, large market is normally saturated.
Another idea is to find a blue ocean, and go into micro-niches.

The advantages are:
-Reduces competition
-Increases audience relevance
- Fosters innovation
- Lowers marketing costs
- Facilitates adaptability
- Less resource-intensive

Attachments

• niching_blue_ocean.png
    niching_blue_ocean.png
    576.5 KB · Views: 7
large market is normally saturated.

I don't like that term saturated when it comes to marketing. I think it is misnomer. Most mean highly competitive when stating something is saturated. I like highly competitive markets because it tells me the advertising is successful, the targets are receptive, and there are an abundance of high paying offers in the networks and in the affiliate programs available.

I don't like that term saturated when it comes to marketing. I think it is misnomer. Most mean highly competitive when stating something is saturated. I like highly competitive markets because it tells me the advertising is successful, the targets are receptive, and there are an abundance of high paying offers in the networks and in the affiliate programs available.
you like a good challenge, uh? :p

you like a good challenge, uh? :p

So, only about 20% to 25% of my business is CPA and most of that is Facebook traffic and some Google traffic. For CPA, I use AdPlexity and simply rip off currently successful campaigns in highly competitive niches. What is weird is there are just so many successful marketers that don't know how to hide their campaigns from the spying game. Highly competitive is not so hard to be competitive and successful in when you have the right tools and a small team to support you.

Most of my business is content marketing for promoting affiliate programs in the luxury niches. Now there are fewer players (affiliates) compared to the general world of affiliates, because typically these affiliate programs are invitation only, which results in a very small tribe of luxury marketers who are excessively competitive, extreme competitors, but respectful and often helpful to one another.

I find a healthy successful market is a market with healthy and strong competition.

Saturated Markets vs.TAM Growth

adoption-curve.jpg

--and then there is disruption of the incumbents --happens all the time.

Most disruptions of business values will occur in the Late Market stage once a brand trend has been established.
There is also the new prospect customers but when the brands are established, unless they have a high churn rate (customer attrition [leaving]), why would you need affiliates anymore?

Most of my business is content marketing for promoting affiliate programs in the luxury niches. Now there are fewer players (affiliates) compared to the general world of affiliates, because typically these affiliate programs are invitation only, which results in a very small tribe of luxury marketers who are excessively competitive, extreme competitors, but respectful and often helpful to one another.
so you are swimming in a blue ocean, right? You are in fact, correct me if I am wrong, in a microniche, right?

in a microniche

That is where so many end up eventually. Most marketers continue refining scope and targeting over time. We don't eliminate our previous broader niches, we keep dividing them as we keep expanding conversion growth. A marketer dedicated to a niche is always growing in that niche and it becomes far more profitable to separate the geos and demos. As they grow they get to a point where separating their geos and demos are required. It is a continual cycle for a while that allows for very specific targeting with very specific angles, hooks, and triggers.

micro-niche: amputee dating (or a very limited scope)

Yes, but not necessarily limited in volume as one might think.
As you now, charter jet services are one of my primary targets. There were a record 5.3 million private jet flights in 2022, while the total private fleet expanded to around 23,000 aircraft. (May 5, 2023 - CHARLOTTE ELTON - BigIssue.com)

That 5.3MM netted me low six figures last year and it is a micro niche in my opinion. I think your list is accurate, but it can be a deterrent for many.

MI
Back