The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Ad Blockers To Reach over 53 Million In The U.S.

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
Business Intelligence online magazine reported that last year over 200 million monthly average users worldwide are using ad blockers. 53 million in the U.S. This is expected to double over the next few years. They claim that the U.S. media companies are likely to lose $9.7 billion across digital ad formats.

Companies like Apple are building frameworks into their operating systems to make it stupid simple for developers to use the API's for the purpose of ad blocking.

It looks like we have our challenges ahead.

Anyone finding ways to beat the ad blockers?

On the other spectrum though, advertisers are losing money but marketers are gaining money.
Those who install ad-blockers are usually the ones who would not convert very well.

On the other spectrum though, advertisers are losing money but marketers are gaining money.
Those who install ad-blockers are usually the ones who would not convert very well.

I think there is some merit in that statement, but the browser industry is moving towards making these blockers a native framework. Opera brings native ad-blocking to its desktop and mobile browsers

I have noticed many sites now are refusing to show their content to anyone blocking their ads. I am currently researching scripts for my content sites to do this. I think, in anticipation of ad blocking, many of the larger media and news platforms implemented these scripts over the past couple of years. I remember last year I wrote a thread about my experience at a friends house and he was using an ad blocker to test sites for ad blocking prevention. We found many of them, like Huffington Post (and several others) had implemented measures. They put up a block to their content instructing the visitor to whitelist the site in order to have access to the content. This is what I will be doing. I should have done it sooner.

I think there is some merit in that statement, but the browser industry is moving towards making these blockers a native framework. Opera brings native ad-blocking to its desktop and mobile browsers

I have noticed many sites now are refusing to show their content to anyone blocking their ads. I am currently researching scripts for my content sites to do this. I think, in anticipation of ad blocking, many of the larger media and news platforms implemented these scripts over the past couple of years. I remember last year I wrote a thread about my experience at a friends house and he was using an ad blocker to test sites for ad blocking prevention. We found many of them, like Huffington Post (and several others) had implemented measures. They put up a block to their content instructing the visitor to whitelist the site in order to have access to the content. This is what I will be doing. I should have done it sooner.

That's correct, but for example the android users with adblockers today have to root their phones, not many people do that.. But yes, if it were to become default it would surely have huge impact on marketers and advertisers.
Look at forbes, they have anti ad-block implemented.

MI
Back