The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

About to launch my first niche site - advice appreciated

richbell20

affiliate
Hello all,

I've been involed in SEO, domains, web design and online marketing in the travel sector for a couple of years now, but this is the first time i've decided to go at it alone now in different niches, and i'm comfortable being labeled a newbie :D

For whatever reason just over a year ago, I regged teethwhiteningstrips.co.uk, and set up a simple zen cart shop with a view to having the strips shipped over from my sister-in-law based in the states, to sell the customers in the UK. I didn't know it, but I guess I was already looking at a niche market at the time.

For a number of reasons I never ended up actually selling anything, but the site and content remained, and it's now bouncing between the top 2 positions in google for it's targetted search terms. Google exact traffic in the UK for 'teeth whitehing strips' was 5,400 in January. The site is picking up just over 300 unique hits a month.

I've read up thoroughly on creating decent landing pages and i'm confident I can produce what's required attract the clicks. I'd like some advice though on how you'd go about monetizing something like this, seeing as though it's in the UK. There are a lot of teeth whitening products in the USA, and some advertize on clickbank etc, but the only thing I can really see working here is creating some image links to a relevent product page on amazon.co.uk, adding an amazon widget, or even just setting up an amazon astore.

Am I on the right wavelength here with this niche and the traffic it's currently attracting, or would you more experienced guys generally consider this a non-starter?

many thanks for your help!

Richard

Hi Richard,

Here in the US teeth whitening is a really competitive affiliate market with lots of CPA affiliates. You might want to try some of the CPA networks to see if any accept UK traffic. Check OfferVault to see all the teeth whitening offers. It's free to use, you just need to sign up and you'll be able to search and compare offers on a wide variety of networks. Just be sure if it's a rebill offer that terms are properly disclosed.

Thanks Linda

Hi Linda, and thanks for the reply.

I'm confused though :s I joined offervault, and the majority of the offers on there already seem to have great landing pages of their own, such as idolwhitedotcom and premiumwhiteprodotcom. Am i supposed to promote these products by merely linking to their own landing page?

Alos, i've noticed that a lot of these website are getting a number of complaints and dodgy customer reviews. Are the majority of these rebill offers nothing more than scams?

thanks,

Richard.

Hi Richard,

Here in the US teeth whitening is a really competitive affiliate market with lots of CPA affiliates. You might want to try some of the CPA networks to see if any accept UK traffic. Check OfferVault to see all the teeth whitening offers. It's free to use, you just need to sign up and you'll be able to search and compare offers on a wide variety of networks. Just be sure if it's a rebill offer that terms are properly disclosed.

banners
Back