Where will you start from?

• Website

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blog

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

emuzeskylow

affiliate
It is not news that a blog site is a mini website. But I feel the two have different features. I am more familiar with blogger.com, I know that blogsite like wordpress have actually helped different individuals to have or create a nice looking blog and all. Here is my question in designing your website for those who have one, has the knowledge you acquired during the design of your blogsite helped at all in any case? Let me hear your response. Thanks!

Hello!

First of all, I use WordPress and have my site hosted for a fee so that I can get my own domain name. Actually, I have tried free hosting before, the one where you use example.wordpress.com. And to be honest, there's not much difference, you only have your own domain name when you go for paid hosting. And for me, that's the best part of it. You can choose which plugins you want or other softwares you would want to use.

In other words, you are more in control. Whereas with free hosting, you're bound to have some limitations. I think it's fine if your goal is to just write as a hobby. But if you want to monetise your writing, it's better to go for a website that is your own.

It is not news that a blog site is a mini website. But I feel the two have different features.
They might be slightly different but they aren't that different anymore.

Gone are the days when you had to be web designer in order to manage a website. These days managing a website is as easy as managing a blog.

I don't think you need to create a blog first then afterwards create a website. You don't need to. If you want to you can create a Wordpress website and if you've had a Wordpress blog adding content [to your website] will still be as easy as you'd do it on your blog.

banners
Back