The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

7Search - How Do YOU Track?

Angelman

Hi guys,

So I've been running a few direct link 7Search campaigns over the last couple of weeks. Nothing profitable yet, but enjoying the experience and learning quite a lot.

I do wonder though if I am over complicating things. I have set up third party tracking (BevoMedia). So I am switching between my CPA network stats, 7search stats and BevoMedia stats to try and work out what's going on.

So I just wondered, what do the good people of CPAFix prefer to use to track simple direct linked 7Search campaigns? Is the conversion tracking in 7Search any good? Does it provide you with the full picture that you need to make decisions over your campaign? Or am I best sticking with a third party solution? Am I right in thinking that I would need third party tracking in order to keep an eye on the AFFID's and RID's?

I'll tell you what one of the main issues I have is - working out how much I have spent per keyword and how much I am losing/winning per keyword. In order to calculate this I need to check my spend per kw in 7Search, then flip over to my other stats and see which kw's have converted, then make a manual calculation to see if I am in profit or loss for that kw and write that down somewhere. I'm sure I've seen tracking systems where all that information was displayed for you on one screen and you could see at a glance which keywords were profitable and which weren't.

Currently I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with the data side of things and wondered if there was a better solution, or if I am overcomplicating things. Any advice is very much appreciated. Cheers!

I just direct link passing the variables as SubIDs. I wrote a complete guide on my blog at:
Setting up a 7Search Campaign

I've tried tracking with Prosper202 and 7Search, but it really just doesn't make sense. If the network you are working with allows you to pass SubIDs and has a decent reports system, you should be able to get all the data you would from a 3rd party tracking software as you are with the network, so why not just bypass that step? The more hops between your link and the landing page means a longer loading time, which has been proven to decrease conversions.

As far as the 7Search conversion pixel goes, it doesn't always fire, but that shouldn't hurt your campaign. You can track conversions on the network end :)

I have just started with prosper202. Im waiting to get enough data to act on. I am thinking of blocking a SUBID with 50 clicks and no conversions. But there are a few AFFIDs who seem to own a lot of different sites so it might be quite an expensive endeavour.

Yes, I think I may have blocked the sub id's too early.. some had less than 50 and no conversions and I blocked them. I think you need to develop a "feel" for the whole process, because right at the start you can't KNOW anything for sure. I am still in the not really knowing whats going on stage! :)

I just direct link passing the variables as SubIDs. I wrote a complete guide on my blog at:
Setting up a 7Search Campaign

I've tried tracking with Prosper202 and 7Search, but it really just doesn't make sense. If the network you are working with allows you to pass SubIDs and has a decent reports system, you should be able to get all the data you would from a 3rd party tracking software as you are with the network, so why not just bypass that step? The more hops between your link and the landing page means a longer loading time, which has been proven to decrease conversions.

As far as the 7Search conversion pixel goes, it doesn't always fire, but that shouldn't hurt your campaign. You can track conversions on the network end :)

That was a great post Luke, I was following it too. But at some point I found it difficult to go with it. When I want to analyze my traffic, there is no way to filter clicks by Subids. It's very easy with prosper202.

I mean reporting on peerfly can't be arranged to show clicks from a single AFFID, I have go to through all sub IDs and filter manually. It was a pain and taking lot of time. But with prosper202, it's just few clicks.

Apart from that, I found everything ok with network tracking, specially it's free.

Set up my first three 7Search campaigns today and realized just how great PeerFly has set up the tracking for us. However, I'm wondering how I can dump poor affiliate-id sub-ids in 7Search. I can always drop a bad keyword, but I can't seem to figure out if/how I can block a specific affiliate-id from using my ads on his/her sites.

Btw.. first click was a submit.. I can see the millions rolling in!!!! ;-)

You have to contact 7search to enable subid blocking. It will not be automatically enabled when you create your account with them.

Give it sometime, you'll understand what I said ;)
Set up my first three 7Search campaigns today and realized just how great PeerFly has set up the tracking for us. However, I'm wondering how I can dump poor affiliate-id sub-ids in 7Search. I can always drop a bad keyword, but I can't seem to figure out if/how I can block a specific affiliate-id from using my ads on his/her sites.

Btw.. first click was a submit.. I can see the millions rolling in!!!! ;-)

^Yeah, that should work too. But still...
qVZCS.jpg

You have to contact 7search to enable subid blocking. It will not be automatically enabled when you create your account with them.

You can contact them directly or use the form at the bottom of this page:
Blacklisting Bad Performing SubIDs on 7Search

Yeah, I already see what you mean. I'd have loved to, for example, sort by subid amongst all my campaigns.. You hear that Luke? :) Still awesome though.

Good idea. I've been wanting to make a script so you can upload your CSV from PeerFly and it'll graph and show you bad performers. I'll add it to my list! :)

I agree with Luke.

Use the 7Search analytic service if you are running campaigns only there. But if you run campaigns with different publisher then I suggest to use a third party link tracker to monitor everyting in one place. Just google "link tracking" to find the various alternatives.

Tracking your campaigns directly in your account at the affiliate network should be fine. However, if you want to hide your keywords from your network I recommend you use cloaking with your own private tracking server.

banners
Back