The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

6 Landscape Photography Tips

I'm H

affiliate
1. Use a Tripod

Using a tripod will force you to slow down, you must always remember, when taking landscape shots, there?s absolutely no rush! A tripod allows you to be more contemplative about your shot. A tripod also has the main advantage of stabilising your camera, allowing you to get the sharpest of shots. There?s nothing worse than taking a shot, thinking it looks brilliant, then when you load it into your editing software, you notice blur! One thing to remember when using a tripod, make sure to turn image stabilisation off, on your camera/lens. [caption id="attachment_882" align="alignnone" width="640"] Image from Matt Taylor from blainaphotographicgroup.co.uk[/caption]
2. Include A Strong Foreground Or Foreground Object

If you study the masters of landscape photography, such as Ansel Adams and Peter Lic, you?ll see that they often include a very prominent foreground object, this will add a large amount of depth to your image.
3. Don?t Be Afraid Of Weather

I have seen MANY fantastic shots, which are made on foggy, cloudy, rainy and even snowy days. Don?t be afraid to go out shooting in the weather. If you see a great shot, but the day is dull, you could try many effects, such as convert the shot to B&W, this is very effective on stormy days. Always make sure to protect your equipment and yourself. Don?t lose an opportunity because of the weather!
4. Golden Hour Really Is Golden

This personally is my favourite time when I?m out shooting landscapes. The sun is very low in the sky around these times. Sky colouring, shadows and the direction of light is unbeatable, and if you?re lucky, you can get very magical shots. You shouldn?t miss sunrise, or sunset! [caption id="attachment_881" align="aligncenter" width="350"] Image from Matt Taylor from blainaphotographicgroup.co.uk[/caption]
5. Shoot Wider

If you?re a budding landscape photographer, ideally you would need access to very wide lens. Whilst you can of course shoot with pretty much most lenses, the wider the better! You can pull out those compelling low to the ground shots. Add a strong foreground object and a wide angle lens, you can create truly stunning images, and let the viewer take in the whole scene!
6. Raw To The Core

When you are editing RAW files, you never ?lose? the original data, and it is possible to change your white balance, sharpness, saturation, etc after the image has been taken. If you change your mind, the original data is still there, and you can do so without degrading your image.

MI
Back