The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

30 Day SEO Journey

lafftar

I've had some experience with SEO, but it was mostly churn and burn. Back in 2014, I made a churn and burn campaign to a BH Campaign (ask.fm tracker) with Google Docs as my money page. I was ranked 1st for a keyword with 22,000 searches per month, it was my first (medium-term) success with online marketing ($50~ per day). But as with most BH success, it crashed and burned pretty quickly.

I want to perform more sustainable SEO, I have an instagram page i'd like to start ranking on some easy keywords, it's in the food niche.

I've already made some T1 content here and here, but not really with the intention of SEO or driving traffic, just as a class project really.

I made this thread to keep me honest with my goal of learning SEO. I will update this thread with something I did to help the SEO of my page, stay tuned, hopefully we can all learn something.

Today:
- Made this thread
- Transferred one of my posts to BuzzFeed for future campaigns, (is it a bad idea to have dupe articles out there?)

Tomorrow:
- Figure out what keywords to go for.
- Figure out backlinking strategy, as there's not much I can do for on page.

Back linking Strategy:

• 5 Free Press Releases
  • 5 Free Citations
  • 5 Free Directories
  • 5 Web 2.0’s
  • Setup social profiles on:
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • MySpace
    • Pinterest
    • Youtube
    • Google+
    • Tumblr
    • Soundcloud (Podcast style stuff for business)
When all said and done, buy Fiverr PBN links to T1

What I did today:

What keywords to target?

• african cuisine
  • african food
  • nigerian food
  • nigerian food near me
  • nigerian food toronto

Using this to check ranking: keyword position checker - A Free online Google keyword rank checker

Says i’m ranked but I can’t find it myself:

5kUSBayjwwx28CdxiV7gQx6X2DaiU5k1Ga0JOaaYOek32PZOv7InkxsUEThgHv7IF6VR61TmEBeF6tVXXdJ4JRCx81gKxPZjkPskh8K1hbgBhBIhMLNez1bq-Uby8H78xL0fUXEu

Backlinking:

PRLog.org

Social Media

Tomorrow:
Make 3 more social media pages, make 1 citation.

not working blogspot and weebly on google ranking but if low competition 10 or 20 volume month then ranking possible maybe! you can buy domain then works google ranking! my advice! thank you

I don't think links from directory are good anymore. We can skip that?

I heard that, I think I might make one or two just to get the hang of it though.

Oh, I just found that your Twitter account was restricted.

Will check

not working blogspot and weebly on google ranking but if low competition 10 or 20 volume month then ranking possible maybe! you can buy domain then works google ranking! my advice! thank you

You're saying blogs don't work for ranking anymore? Even Instagram pages?

Unblocked Twitter account, thanks for pointing it out.

Today:

Citations:
- Made BingPlaces account, waiting for PIN.
- Made Google MB account, waiting for PIN.
- Made HotFrog profile but won't let me verify for some reason, i've emailed support.
- Added to BBB, don't really understand the process, waiting I guess.
- Yelp didn't work, guess I need a real website.
- Made FourSquare.

Directories
- Busybits Web Directory
- I just realized it's too easy to post on these directories, i'll focus on press releases and web blogs as a T1

Tomorrow:
- See what GSA SER can do for me.
- Post to some more press release websites.

I found GSA SER to have a pretty steep learning curve so I kinda left it alone for now.

I spent a few minutes trying to submit to PR.com only to realize I needed to pay $30 just to place my link. Tried PR-Inside.com and realized the same thing. So I:

Made a few blog comments (Waiting on approval for some):
- Authentic Nigerian food - Toronto or GTA - Restaurants - Ontario - Chowhound
- 23 Nigerian Foods The Whole World Should Know And Love
- 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad
- 20 Popular Nigerian Food | Afro Tourism
- 21 Traditional Nigerian Foods to Please Your Appetite Like Never Before - Flavorverse
- Nigerian Cuisines | Making Nigerian Foods
- The Top 26 Most Popular Nigerian Food and Food Stuffs of All Time

I found these blogs from SEMRush, part of the top 20 of my main target keyword: "Nigerian Food", I figured if I made some blog comments there, it would do something.

Tomorrow:
- Plan a few T1's, research article content to buy.
- Look at the sites on the top 50 of my keyword, make backlinks where I can make them.

Question for Guru's:
Do Facebook Comments index?

Today:

- Made a Wordpress T1 here: Nigerian Food Experts, made the 300 word post by dictation, it seems easier.
- This, in addition to the T1 content I had on blogspot should help.
- I submitted a link to the ISUU docu-sharing platform, these are new to me, and kind of interesting: lafftar, I noticed that the website link has a 'no-follow' tag on it, but the social links just have 'no-opener' tags on them, is it possible that link juice is actually being passed to the social platforms? This article seems to think so.

Tomorrow:
- Look into some more docu-sharing links, and other interesting, hard to get, wait-to-approve link types.

Question for Guru's:
- Do 'no-opener' tags affect SEO?

I learned that 'no-opener' does not affect SEO, so maybe someone didn't know that.

Today:
- Made a Calameo link, it's no-follow though, Calaméo - lafftar
- Was interested in infographic backlinks but a lot of those sites are paid.

Today will be light, i'll make up for it tomorrow.

Today:

- Made a Pinterest page. This gives a do-follow link! I think!
- Made a Youtube and Google+ page, google makes both of these pretty easy with Brand accounts.
- Made Soundcloud page.
- Made Imgur page.
- Made a Vimeo page, though I wasn't really sure where to place the link.

I need to find some good 'follow' links, i'm making so many 'no-follow' links

Tomorrow:

- Make two T1's.

Today:
- Made a Tumblr page.
- Made a DeviantArt page.
- Made a Weebly, think i'll use this platform for my main website, really like the website builder.

Tomorrow:
- Going to see if I can guest post, or 'guest video' for a food blogger in Toronto.

Today:
- Made a list of 12 possible blogs for guest posts.

Tomorrow:
- Find someone who can write a really, really engaging post on Nigerian Food for $20 CAD.

Today:
- Sucked up and just wrote the article, ended up enjoying it, $20 saved, 600 - 700 word article written. I would share it here but I don't trust you guys not to use it :p
- Sent to a few of the blogs listed above, hopefully one of them decides to pick it up, hopefully none of them steal it.

Tomorrow:
- Write one more post, probably gonna do this for the next 3 days. A post a day.

It is the same thing. :D
I'm feeling you're wasting time building backlink, like really wasting time.
With your selection of niche, it's more possible to seed a viral-able post, create a snowball effects of backlink.
I have no idea what that is :eek:

Back linking Strategy:
  • 5 Free Press Releases
  • 5 Free Citations
  • 5 Free Directories
  • 5 Web 2.0’s
  • Setup social profiles on:
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • MySpace
    • Pinterest
    • Youtube
    • Google+
    • Tumblr
    • Soundcloud (Podcast style stuff for business)
When all said and done, buy Fiverr PBN links to T1

er… That is not a good plan, I am afraid. Repeat after me: I need real links from real websites.
What you are doing here is web spam.

How do you get real links from real websites? First, you need to have a site that deserves to be linked to. If you don't have that, I doubt anything can save you.

If your main website is about a service or product, then make it useful for people looking for that product (and for a similar product too).

SEO is not link-building. Google cannot care less th put your site first for a term. They want the best site first. Just create the best site for the user. That will make it easier.

I've been working 11 years in SEO so far. Believe me. If you make a useful website, you can win Wikipedia, eBay Pinterest… any other site on the world. I have… many times.

banners
Back