The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

1st Affiliate Website? Where to get it? How to build it?

I am by no means a web design pro, but can pretty much do anything with Wordpress and Google. I have found the perfect customizable Wordpress template called Constructor, and anytime I have any questions at all, I just type them into google and they are magically answered. I have a masters degree in Interior Design, but have now created more than ten websites for friends and family, from blogs to ecommerce sites. All because Wordpress is so user friendly and google will tell you anything you want to know. BTW...I host all my sites on JustHost. I am sure there are plenty of other options, but they have 24 hour tech service and have always been very understanding about my lack of site building knowledge.

Website creators - I've tried all the free ones and settled on Godaddy although if you opt for free then you only get 5 pages. Godaddy has been the easiest to use. Tried Webs, and although every easy, it kept crashing and was inaccessible for UK visitors due to some technical error which was never resolved. If you are not au fait with building websites I would say pay to have it done. I spent far too much time trying to perfect mine and still isn't right, good luck!!

Wordpress is great too... don't rule them out ... there is so much you can do on Wordpress ... good luck!

Hi Robficiur, welcome; there are many places; do you want a website to be made for you or are you looking to develop and build the website yourself. I used Godaddy and they can build the website for you as can Webs; not that expensive I believe. Hope this helps. Good luck with your niche!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was always told to use a word press blog, mainly because Goole love blogs, but you need a web host first for registering a domain, but the domain should be a good keyword. I would recomend Godaddy, or name cheap for domain names and or hosting.

Hi, I'm a newbie myself and have found that the baby hosting plan at hostgator is cost effective. I also like godaddy too. It seems like they are the two that I see others referred to most often. Hope this helps from one newbie to another.

I would suggest to look deeper into Joomla. It gives you a potential to build a great website with the least effords and no knowledge of programming. Very useful for everyone who is just starting out.

I use wordpress for my site and I find it very easy to use for the non coding techie.

As many have stated, Go Daddy, Hostgator and even Weebly all are great resources to take care of many start-up needs. Another critical piece of the puzzle is setting up a good "autoresponder" email system to communicate with your prospective customers. Aweber would be a very reliable option for your autoresponder needs.

What has been a blessing to many newbie affiliate marketers is finding a trustworthy, internet marketing "system" that guides you through the entire process from starting as a relative neophyte to becoming a competent, skilled online affiliate marketer. Having that resource made a huge difference for me.

Hi Guys,

I like everyone's suggestions. Good stuff! I too like Names Cheap, Host Gator and think Wordpress is the way to go. It has so much flexibility. Check out Eric Hulmlund's site as he has a pretty impressive, free training course that covers everything from soup to nuts including Wordpress. I also ran into Matt Wolfe's "Wordpress Classroom" and he does a great job of explaining Wordpress. His site has free and paid content.

I also use Market Samurai, both free and paid membership, and recently was introduced to Wordtracker. It's awesome, but about $70 bucks a month, although you should check out their 7 day free trial. Look up SEO Book for a good free keyword tool. It combines Wordtracker, Google, Yahoo and Bing search results all in one tool. But Wordtracker literally blew me away because it combines total searches for a keyword with competition. So you can literally look up a keyword and find out how many searches it gets and how much competition there is. It also has a KEI function (keyword effectiveness index) that shows you the top searches with the lowest competition for your selected keyword. It is very cool and eye opening. Just sign up for the 7 day free offer. I should be an affiliate huh?

Great info Stuminator! The only thing I would add is that people should definitely check out Wordtracker's FREE version before paying for it. My experience has been that the free version is pretty darn good and the paid version is not a great deal better. As Stuminator mentioned, I too like SEO Book. It's another good FREE (;)) tool!

BTW...not sure if there are any golfers out there, but my wife and I just spent the weekend down in Pebble Beach watching the PGA golf tournament. The weather was unbelievable!

I don't know Kevin. I checked out the Wordtracker free version and it gives you the top 15 searches for the keyword, but that's it. Not too shabby, but holy smokes, the full version has the KEI (keyword effectiveness index) which is amazing. It literally shows you the low hanging fruit in any niche. The only thing I was saying is that the full version reveals some long tail keyword phrases that is not available in the free version or any other keyword tool I have been exposed to, for that matter. I was suggesting just checking out the tool with the 7 day free trial.

Thanks for the great tips all. Linda, I'm going to try the webpage-maker. I've been looking for different options besides blogger, which is a good start and wordpress.

Linda,

Check out Wordpress Classroom by Matt Wolff. He has a pretty good video series on Wordpress and he offers a free version that is enough to get you going with Wordpress. Wordpress has lots of free themes as well. You'll need a domain and hosting to get started. Host Gator has a baby hosting package at about $10 a month and a domain is around $10 per year.

RE: 1st Affiliate Website? Where to get it? How to build it?

That's a great question.

I know you said that you already have a niche but I think that Wordpress.com is a great way to test several niches. Here are some of the benefits:

- it's a blog
- it's free
- you can test offers, capture pages, etc.

Now take the winner(s) and create sites on Godaddy, Hostgator, 1&1 etc.

Hope that helps.

Consider the options
1. Directory scripts
2. Coupon, voucher, deal scripts
3. Ready made templates that affiliates give to you.
Also don't exclude the wp, joomla scripts. They are free but if you drive traffic due to your quality content, you will make money.

Cost effective website

I have used all free web editors and developers. You can use Wordpress (v good) or Webs, Weebly are free. I have used GoDaddy and their web package is so user-friendly and cheap. Good luck with your site.

RE: 1st Affiliate Website? Where to get it? How to build it?

My advice would be to do some 'blog testing' with the big free blog sites.

Tie them to affiliate products. So much of the work has been done for you this way.

Then, only when you have a couple of winners, worry about setting up your own site.

I am just beginning. I know my niche market - I have some ideas how to get started.

However, I need to create a website. In the past for antoher project I have built free website (using tripod) but I know that I get what I pay for.

Where do you recommend I look for a user friendly cost efficeint website?

Rob
Hay man is it any good using free web sites? I'm starting my first weebly. Can I use Google Adseans to get traffic to my free weebly? Any help would be great

Cheers

MI
Back