The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Tried Adwords for the first time this morning...

JulieO

I've searched all over for the answer to my question...

I'm not sure I set it up right. When I add the destination link to my affiliate (Amazon) I just stuck in a direct link to them.

Am I supposed to some how incorporate my affiliate id in there somewhere? How do they know that I sent the customer to them through Adwords?

Julie,

you did not do it right. You have to go to Associates central on amazon and have them create the link for you depending on what page you want your ad to go to.

Ad Words is a tricky thing...

Hi Luquidfication,

Glad you were able to help her with that. That can be quite overwhelming at times. There are so many ways to market online, but Adwords can really be tricky, and you can mess things up if you don't know what your doing...

Glad to see people helping people here...

:)

Thank you Luquidfication. I had a feeling I wasn?t doing it right.
I?m actually still having trouble. This is what I am doing from within the Amazon Associates site after logging in.

Click on "Links & Banners" tab
Click on the Product Links now" link

Select from the Search drop down box
and add my Keyword for the product that I want and click on "GO!"

Click on the "Get Link" button

Select the "Text Only" radio button
This generates the code for the link

But the link is to long. I have a feeling I am still doing it incorrectly.

Julie, could you send the link to Larry by PM? He knows Amazon links and I think he could do something like paste it into a post for you with your ID XXXed out or he may have a better idea. It's hard to post a raw link in forums or explain how to do it. Or maybe he'd rather just follow your steps, do a KW search and create a link to show you how it SHOULD look with XXX in place of an aff id.

If we can see the link we can discuss and maybe tell you what you did wrong, or tell you how it should look or tell you, don't worry, that's the way it SHOULD look. So I'd like to have the link posted for discussion and learning purposes.

I don't really do any Amazon affiliate stuff to speak of so, don't really know all the options - but I read blogs about new features. I think there's a way to do a search on AZ just like if you were a customer and then append you affiliate ID to the page. I also caught something in my feedreader about some new graybar feature that sounds like it would really help newbies with linking.

But again I know just enough about AZ to be dangerous. Larry and others can help I think though.

Hi Linda, Thanks.

I discovered a post you made recently for the PPC Class and have joined. It has some AMAZING insight. I spent all of yesterday devouring the information and still went to bed not able to sleep because I wanted more.

I am hoping to find my answer within one of the classrooms there.

Anyway...here is the link that I was trying to squeeze into the Destination URL. As you can see it is a paragraph of code.

Btw, I tried using the new graybar (which is really cool) but it gave me the same code.

Ok...never mind on the link. It is like you said...difficult to add. =)

Hi Linda, Thanks. I discovered a post you made recently for the PPC Class and have joined. It has some AMAZING insight. I spent all of yesterday devouring the information and still went to bed not able to sleep because I wanted more.

That little bit of personal info leads me to believe that you will make quite a success of yourself within this industry...:) Take care and all the best...and do get some sleep...:eek:

Julie,

I would follow linda's advice. You may want to hold up on Adwords with this idea. I don't believe they accept affiliate links on your ads, but larry probably would be more knowledgable as i tend to concentrate of free traffic methods.

MI
Back