The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Demand Gen - Google Ads - Have you tried it?

SorinK

affiliate
Hi,

I wanted to share some insights about Google's recent introduction of a new campaign called Demand Gen, set to replace the existing Discovery campaign. This campaign focuses on promoting dynamic ads, including text, images, video, and products across YouTube, Gmail, and Discovery.

3OSItd3Lzsvt-lTjWUVNg_5mrrqP6znI1dLRF4Y6wviFb2C-pTeijYTI9od2-kg_t3ydN7j8kTP8DBDozIB6P6pOq0IpXFhyLjA5AvKh-sohuCATu4sedBFm0RcF_au7OjhAvmN_xx1weH59fhKMTLw

One notable difference from the previous Discovery campaign is the format of the ads. In Demand Gen, ads are more varied and carefully displayed, aiming to create demand among users. This approach is somewhat reminiscent of social media promotions, with the goal of attracting new users to the site who may find the promoted products or services intriguing.

Google suggests running this campaign for 4-6 weeks to optimize it properly and achieve the desired results. I'm curious to know if any of you have tried this new campaign type. What were your experiences, and did you see the expected results?

Let's share our insights and discuss!

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
I haven't worked at all with Google Ads in a long time personally.
Are you working with any Google ads currently with an affiliate "offer?"​
Do you have the margin to afford the cost of Google advertising as an affiliate?​
--and if so: in what genre and niche of product/or service?​

PER GOOGLE

"By the end of January 2024, all of your existing Discovery campaigns will be upgraded to Demand Gen campaigns. As part of this upgrade, your Discovery campaign settings, budget and historical performance statistics will automatically transfer to your new Demand Gen campaigns with identical or comparable functionality. Once upgraded, Discovery campaigns will no longer be available to you in Google Ads."

"Demand Gen campaigns give you the same benefits as Discovery campaigns, with new features, inventory and insights, plus an improved ad creation process to help you drive demand and purchase consideration. Learn more about Demand Gen campaigns."

**************************************************************************************

It's basically a rebranding of the Discovery Campaign Tool with added features. Google is desperately now trying to recapture some of their lost revenues in ad campaigns because of the myriad of tracking issues brought about by government policies and the affected policies of the SE's. Ad revenues have slowed frequently, and intermittently, due to tracking issues and Google feels providing more "insight" reporting and targeting can make up for the issues in some ways.

Running the campaign for 4-6 weeks has yielded positive results for me; however, the success was based on various factors like targeting, ad creatives, and optimization strategies. It's essential to monitor performance closely and make adjustments as needed throughout the campaign duration.

MI
Back