The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Sold my first ad space today

kflo01

affiliate
I sold my first ad space today (a text link). The web site owner contacted me which was great. I researched what the going rate was for text link as for my site and offered a fair rate for the slot. He agreed and I sent the user a subscription link via paypal.
In that email I asked him to supply his URL, keywords and short description of his site. It went pretty smooth.
Now I am thinking maybe selling my ad space might be the way to go instead of trying to get all my income from affiliates. So I am going to start trying that route. I know it might be hard because my site has a high alexa ranking and a zero Page Rank in google but the content is great and the layout of the web site is nice so I have hope.
I have signed up for sites like linkxl.com but not having a middle man I made 30% more from selling the ad space myself instead of having someone else do it for me and take a cut.
Anyhow just wanted to post this for any other newbies out there. My site is under a month old, hopefully this is a good sign.

Wow, congrats on selling a link on such a new site! Selling direct ads is definitely one way to add income from your site. You normally need lots of traffic and people are going to want to see your traffic numbers. So keep working on building up your traffic both for affiliate sales and ad sales and you can score on both sides.

Thanks for the reply. I spent all last week instead of promoting my blog I spent it working on SEO, link building getting traffic, submitting to Page Ranked directories, etc I am going to spend this week doing it also. I might purchase some traffic. I know it wont be high converting by any means but I wold like to get my exposure and hits even though it may not convert.

Congratulations on your first ad spot, my first was almost a year ago today. Now instead people want to buy the whole website ;) Keep it up, you are on pace for good things.

I have sold some ad space, someone offered me $90 for 5 links, i was THRILLED!

I do not really have time though to go around and try finding people to buy adspace - tried searching for sites that act as a middleman (but not sponsored reviews type things ) but couldn't find any i felt were worthwhile.

it is the quickest easiest money though :)

banners
Back