The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I got my first sale

OscarMike

Hi everyone, I finally got my first ecommerce sale! This comes after launching multiple ecommerce stores that all failed. My store is a one product store. My goal is to get multiple sales.

I've read that having a retargeting campaign is an important part of the online selling process. To retarget people who clicked on my ad and visited my product page, I created a Reach objective campaign and a View Content custom audience (30 days). I've been showing an ad once a day for my product to all the people who clicked on my ad. The frequency is set to once a day. I used the Conversion objective (purchases) originally to get the view content data.

I've read about the Rule of 7. This marketing rule states that a brand requires, on average, 7 touchpoints in the customer journey before it starts to get sales.

I've shown my ad 3 times (3 days). Should I have seen more sales by now? Or is it too soon?

The only thing that I'm concerned about is that the product page has no reviews because the store is new. This lack of social proof could be a problem.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Congrats --now make another sale and another ...
Social proof when you are a little known entity is not that valuable really.
If you make 100 sales maybe you can solicit customer feedback from the real buyers.
You don't want to ask for a review --you want to ask for a summation of their "customer story"
e.g.;
What led them to buy from you --what made them happy about their decision ...
not that this product is real good blah blah
Most reviews of products look fake anyway --some actually are --potential buyers are mostly skeptica of them IMHOl.

As far as that 7X redundancy you need to gather some real stats. That number is really a hypothetical.
Maybe your best ROMI (in this scenario) is 4 or 70 times? I can think of many successful product campaigns where I may have seen the brand advertised over 100 times. I doubt at that velocity they were getting a much lesser return and just tossing away more money.

Congrats --now make another sale and another ...
Social proof when you are a little known entity is not that valuable really.
If you make 100 sales maybe you can solicit customer feedback from the real buyers.
You don't want to ask for a review --you want to ask for a summation of their "customer story"
e.g.;
What led them to buy from you --what made them happy about their decision ...
not that this product is real good blah blah
Most reviews of products look fake anyway --some actually are --potential buyers are mostly skeptica of them IMHOl.

As far as that 7X redundancy you need to gather some real stats. That number is really a hypothetical.
Maybe your best ROMI (in this scenario) is 4 or 70 times? I can think of many successful product campaigns where I may have seen the brand advertised over 100 times. I doubt at that velocity they were getting a much lesser return and just tossing away more money.

This is helpful information. Thanks Graybeard.

Just a quick question. I noticed for the sale I got, the FB Ads Manager said I had 1 website add to cart, but 0 Meta add to cart.

Can you please tell me what that means? What is a Meta add to cart?

Thanks

congrats Clapping

Keep getting better....

coloroflove.jpg

Thanks for the reply TJ Tutor.

I've installed Google Analytics 4 on my Gearbubble product page and one of the things I've noticed is that the bounce rate is 99%.

Can you please tell me how to fix this? The people who are visiting this page are in my View Content custom audience for retargeting.

I'm showing the ad once a day to them.

the bounce rate is 99%

How long is the average stay? A few seconds? Here's the thing, and there are many exceptions, between 50 and 70 percent is about average. And if you're between 30 and 50 percent, your bounce rate is considered excellent. A bounce is a person that comes to the site and leaves without interacting with it. That's why I'm asking about average stay length. If you are running a one page site, and not a multi-page site, and you are simply pitching a single item, then they may come, not see an item they want, and then leave without interacting.

Hi everyone, I finally got my first ecommerce sale! This comes after launching multiple ecommerce stores that all failed. My store is a one product store. My goal is to get multiple sales.

I've read that having a retargeting campaign is an important part of the online selling process. To retarget people who clicked on my ad and visited my product page, I created a Reach objective campaign and a View Content custom audience (30 days). I've been showing an ad once a day for my product to all the people who clicked on my ad. The frequency is set to once a day. I used the Conversion objective (purchases) originally to get the view content data.

I've read about the Rule of 7. This marketing rule states that a brand requires, on average, 7 touchpoints in the customer journey before it starts to get sales.

I've shown my ad 3 times (3 days). Should I have seen more sales by now? Or is it too soon?

The only thing that I'm concerned about is that the product page has no reviews because the store is new. This lack of social proof could be a problem.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks
when it gets to the stage you are getting big time traffic and you get so much sales you quit that job it is great, but you always remember that first sale how it made u feel unforgettable i can actually do it, this works well done

How long is the average stay? A few seconds? Here's the thing, and there are many exceptions, between 50 and 70 percent is about average. And if you're between 30 and 50 percent, your bounce rate is considered excellent. A bounce is a person that comes to the site and leaves without interacting with it. That's why I'm asking about average stay length. If you are running a one page site, and not a multi-page site, and you are simply pitching a single item, then they may come, not see an item they want, and then leave without interacting.
1 second. I'm finding this hard to believe but that's what the stats report says. The traffic is coming from the USA and it's going to my Gearbubble page. The product page aligns with the ad and both are written by a copywriter.

If the page with the high bounce rate is mainly getting FB Ads and assuming that tese are human intentional clicks;
  1. The ads are misrepresenting the product.
  2. The product is not a good value.
  3. Your bounce rate is not drilled down in the GA4 analytics to just the FB Ads traffic (includes bot indexing and web-junk traffic).
  4. Your server is not performing and delivering that web page in 2-5 seconds. Load time issues ...
If the page is mainly images with little text you should still see 20 or 30 seconds.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Graybeard. I'm starting to think my product may not provide enough value relative to the price I'm asking. I have to go back to the drawing board.

I noticed for the sale I got, the FB Ads Manager said
If the page with the high bounce rate is mainly getting FB Ads and assuming that tese are human intentional clicks;
  1. The ads are misrepresenting the product.
  2. The product is not a good value.
  3. Your bounce rate is not drilled down in the GA4 analytics to just the FB Ads traffic (includes bot indexing and web-junk traffic).
  4. Your server is not performing and delivering that web page in 2-5 seconds. Load time issues ...
If the page is mainly images with little text you should still see 20 or 30 seconds.

Congrats! The lack of social proof is not always a problem.
You need to create a 'hook' in every piece of your content, so people are more likely to get interested in your product.

Congratulations on making your first sale. All you have to do now is to scale up your sales using the same process. If you have done it once, you can do it over and over again. Kudos

MI
Back