but it looks like there is so much to do

so far I have submitted the site to google
added a sitmap via google
set the correct key words & description in the metta tag descriptions
got some links on relevant sites with more to come shortly

what Im trying to do is to get the site to come up in google for the words
vegetarian shoes or vegan shoes

is there anything else I can be doing?

I have tried some ppc advertising which works out ok ish.

I do know the miva package we are using isnt the best for showing up contents on search engines

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Gibby

Gibby,
Submitting your site to Google is nice but really not essential, Google and other search engine will find your site anyway (provided you get links pointing to it from sites already listed in Google) the most essential things especially when it comes to being ranked for the keywords you mentioned is getting links to point to your website for those words from preferably sites within the same industry or as close as possible.

So to get well ranked for "vegetarian shoes" for example you should get links where the anchor text used to link to you is " vegetarian shoes"

PPC are good but organic result is even better. (and of course cheaper)

thanks for that

I have got some great links on sites where the main keyword is "vegetarian"
I did get most of thsoe for free but just paid a small amount to be listed on a few more major organisations.

I was thinking of adding to my site alot more vegetarian things - suchs as recipe pages, links to other veggie biz etc
do you think that would help?

cheers

Gibby

BTW Gibby, how old is your domain? the age of your domain will also affect your ranking and if you build links too agressively you may end up in Google sandbox

its about 8 months old

when I used the google tools the funny thing was that the word vegetarian was not showing up at all

I have added it into some product descriptions and its starting to show but as the miva software is starnge about this I think I need to find someone who can change a few things to help

i did get a catagory tree editor but it was way past my abilities or undersatnding
appartantly this will help with links etc

Gibby

how easy is it for a thicky like me to set it up?

I did try click cart pro which was labeled as easy and I nearly had feacal orgy from trying to figure it out

we were in a hurry and maybe miva wasnt the best option but we think we will totally revamp things shortly as the biz is really taking off

Gibby

If your business is taking off, I think you may want to consider investing in getting a pro to set up a professional shopping cart for you if you are not well versed in things like this yourself

are there any tools that I can use to see what the search engines see when looking at my site? IE which keywords they pick up on.

thanks

Gibby

MI
Back