The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Research Affiliate Marketing

Franny

affiliate
Hi! I am Franny from the Netherlands. I am writing my thesis about affiliate marketing in the travel industry. My goal is to describe which factors are most important for consumers when booking a trip online and what the role of affiliate websites in this search process is. I want to set up a large questionnaire to get some conclusions. However, I have some difficulties setting up my research. First of all, I want to do a small research to get some ideas of how to set up my main research. The small research will include some general questions, like:

- What do you do when you want to book a trip online (what kind of websites do you visit)?
- What motivates you to finally book the trip?

What do you think of these questions and do you have any ideas for other questions?

Hi Franny,

I'm a bit of a research-junkie, so this thread piqued my interest. :)

Are your research questions (for the small and/or large group) going to ask for open-ended answers or multiple choice? I think that what kind of answers you want and how you are going to analyze and interpret the data will influence what questions you ask, how you ask them, and what answer options, if any, you want to provide to your respondents.

One good tip is to start with the end in mind. Do you know what you want your conclusions to prove once you've finished your research and analysis?

Some other possible questions that pop into my mind are:

-How many travel websites will you visit to compare prices/packages?
-What kind of research do you do on possible destinations (none, basic Google, lots, including reading books)
-When you use a travel website, what factors are predetermined before you visit and what do you decide on after comparing options (e.g. Do you know your destination? Do you know your dates or do you see what's the best rate?)
-How do you find travel websites online (what search terms do the customers use? Do they respond more to paid search links or organic? Etc.)

I'd encourage re-wording these depending on what kind of answers you want to get. :)

Hope that this helps, and good luck!!

~Mel

Thanks Mel! I can definitely use your questions!
Sometimes I don't see the end of my research anymore... I feel lost in all the information!
Greetings, Franny

MI
Back