“Adavice”/  “1Win

Seeking Help Roadmap For Low Budget Newbie Friendly Affiliate Marketing Journey

kenjiro

affiliate
Hi, let me introduce myself:

- New to affiliate marketing.
- A senior web developer.
- Have intermediate skills in SEO.
- Know how to use paid traffic sources like Google Ads, Bing Ads, Meta Ads, etc.

I've never made money from affiliate marketing. I've always found new clients on platforms like Upwork or Fiverr due to a lack of sales skills. That's why I want to learn how to sell, and I think the simplest path is through affiliate marketing.

I come from a low-income country, Indonesia, where the average salary per month is $250 - $300. It's very low.

1. What is the lowest-cost path I need to take to make at least $300/month?
2. I want to use paid method/traffic. I'm willing to spend $50-$100/month on ads.

Maybe you can suggest which country I can target first to keep costs low.

Since I'm a tech guy, I know how to:

- Create landing pages.
- Build websites.
- Set up VPS/Hosting.
- Manage email.
- Set up funnels.
- Set up S2S tracking.

Don't worry about the technical stuff. I love it. :)

What I have tried:

1. Bidding on brand keywords. I find products from Capterra, read their Terms of Service, and join.
2. Registered with ClickBank, but I don't seem to like ClickBank affiliate products.
3. Registered with a couple of CPA networks. Still waiting for approval.

Thank you for your help.

1. What is the lowest-cost path I need to take to make at least $300/month?
2. I want to use paid method/traffic. I'm willing to spend $50-$100/month on ads.
1. Not paid ads.
2. I know of no ads that will return that profit consistently on a short term basis.

The process of sorting the attributes of network traffic, for CPA use, is rather expensive. This type of traffic is not at all transparent so optimizing by vague patterns requires volumes. The first couple of hundred you spend in an ad network will just be trying to find what will work --profitably. If you work with an offer with a broad affinity --like nutra, dating or something with a large potential it will be easier to find a reasonable balance of the ad cost and the CR (conversion ratio) possibly. However, you will be operating in a very competitive market and think one of much skepticism of the product.

Bidding on brand keywords. I find products from Capterra, read their Terms of Service, and join.

How did that work out? Interesting, but I would think you would need to prospect carefully or have established relationships with potential customers. Allowing brand bidding can create brand recognition (awareness) for new enterprises --problem is eventually they prohibit brand bidding by outside ``partners`` --they get greedy.

Hi Graybeard,

Thank you for your response. I read so many threads in AffiliateFix and found your response is so helpful for me.

1. Not paid ads.
2. I know of no ads that will return that profit consistently on a short term basis.

Wow, interesting.

(1) Even when I target low CPC countries? Is it not worth it?
(2) Would you mind sharing with me and maybe other new affiliate marketers?

The process of sorting the attributes of network traffic, for CPA use, is rather expensive. This type of traffic is not at all transparent so optimizing by vague patterns requires volumes. The first couple of hundred you spend in an ad network will just be trying to find what will work --profitably. If you work with an offer with a broad affinity --like nutra, dating or something with a large potential it will be easier to find a reasonable balance of the ad cost and the CR (conversion ratio) possibly. However, you will be operating in a very competitive market and think one of much skepticism of the product.

Really? CPA seems to look easy. Some just need to share hop links without need to create LP.

How did that work out? Interesting, but I would think you would need to prospect carefully or have established relationships with potential customers.

I haven't gotten the result yet. I found these tips on YouTube, and they seem easy, so I decided to give them a try. But I know this technique isn't good for the long term.

Allowing brand bidding can create brand recognition (awareness) for new enterprises --problem is eventually they prohibit brand bidding by outside ``partners`` --they get greedy.

Yes, these tips cannot be applied to all partners. That's why we need to make sure it's not in their ToS.

Wow, interesting.

(1) Even when I target low CPC countries? Is it not worth it?
That depends, the ads may be 'cheap' but the CPA offer's pay-outs are smaller. The customer acquisition value is lower than tier one countries --usually.

Maybe, your earnings will fall within your hoped for amounts -> ``at least $300/month?``

Sharing what?
I don't know of any surefire way to success other than being in the right place at the right time and knowing how to take advantage of that situation.

see sig "157. You are surrounded by opportunities --you just have to know where to look." I like that, it is from the Ferengi Code of Acquisition. Corney, but true ;)

Some just need to share hop links without need to create LP.
I don't run campaigns or work with ClickBank anymore but I can tell you than never ever worked, not for me anyway. At the very least, I needed a bridge page to stir interest or presell. Find that sweet spot though and it can be really good.

Sharing what?
I don't know of any surefire way to success other than being in the right place at the right time and knowing how to take advantage of that situation.

see sig "157. You are surrounded by opportunities --you just have to know where to look." I like that, it is from the Ferengi Code of Acquisition. Corney, but true ;)
I mean this one: "2. I know of no ads that will return that profit consistently on a short term basis."

Can you tell me more details? How long? What niche? CPA or CPS?
I don't run campaigns or work with ClickBank anymore but I can tell you than never ever worked, not for me anyway. At the very least, I needed a bridge page to stir interest or presell. Find that sweet spot though and it can be really good.
Wow, new term. I'll try to learn about it. Thank you @azgold

Welcome here and good luck on your journey as affiliate
I am working also as an affiliate and i work with clickbank but with free traffic
If you want to use paid traffic and spend only 50-100$ per month its very less and i think you cannot get good result with this budget
Seying some people teaaching bing ads they say you need at least 20$ daily to run ads so it means 600 per month

I think its better to try with free traffic and if you have some time and you find your angle you can make 500 or 1k per month if you put the effort then you can take that budget to dive into paid traffic

As a tip : Youtube converts very well for me when it comes to clickbank traffic

Since I'm a tech guy, I know how to:

- Create landing pages.
- Build websites.
- Set up VPS/Hosting.
- Manage email.
- Set up funnels.
- Set up S2S tracking.

Nobody can guarantee your income but you have great skills for aff marketing.

You can build websites but you also need domain names and hosting so you should check prices that fit your budget. Get something free until you can afford those. You can also build sales funnels, and you can build lists to promote.

CB is good for beginners, find something that is palatable for you, you can't be choosy bc you are just starting. It is difficult to get approved by other networks with no experience or professional website.

Countries to target are populations with disposable income.

Get something free until you can afford those.
Working free traffic sources is one thing but never, ever use a free website unless you just absolutely have to. And if you do have to, buy your own domain and website (separate locations) as soon as you can so you have some ownership and control over them.

It is difficult to get approved by other networks with no experience or professional website.
There are networks that are willing to work with newbies. It's a matter of finding them, as I can't remember which ones. Someone else may remember, though.

You can build websites but you also need domain names and hosting so you should check prices that fit your budget.
We have vendors who offer discounts to our members, if that helps you, @kenjiro .

Working free traffic sources is one thing but never, ever use a free website unless you just absolutely have to. And if you do have to, buy your own domain and website (separate locations) as soon as you can so you have some ownership and control over them.
^^ This is so important. Use a Registrar and a separate web host (server). Your domain name is your property to be held by a neutral party.
I use www.namesilo.com now . They seem to be OK with my using their nameservers also pointed to my domains' host web servers.

Thank you everyone for your response.

Welcome here and good luck on your journey as affiliate
I am working also as an affiliate and i work with clickbank but with free traffic
If you want to use paid traffic and spend only 50-100$ per month its very less and i think you cannot get good result with this budget
Seying some people teaaching bing ads they say you need at least 20$ daily to run ads so it means 600 per month

I think its better to try with free traffic and if you have some time and you find your angle you can make 500 or 1k per month if you put the effort then you can take that budget to dive into paid traffic

As a tip : Youtube converts very well for me when it comes to clickbank traffic
Does it work for no-face video? If I am correct they called b-roll video.
Nobody can guarantee your income but you have great skills for aff marketing.

You can build websites but you also need domain names and hosting so you should check prices that fit your budget. Get something free until you can afford those. You can also build sales funnels, and you can build lists to promote.

CB is good for beginners, find something that is palatable for you, you can't be choosy bc you are just starting. It is difficult to get approved by other networks with no experience or professional website.

Countries to target are populations with disposable income.
No need for a guarantee. Just need guidance on what I should do first.

Because I'm a web developer, I have a couple of web hosts that can be used to host a new site for affiliate marketing.

MI
Back