The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

(Question) Testing Campaigns - Multiple Ad Copies or Not?

Hi,

I wonder? :confused: ( I wonder a lot coz I have a lot of questions posted here already :rolleyes: )
How you guys test a campaign?

In PPC, you need to test everything right?

What I did is, I promote offers with 3 ad copies at once. With the same keywords and bidding.
So, I dominated the top 3 spots with my ad copies.

Is this the right thing to do?
I want to maximize my testing that's why I did that.

I did set those up in my prosper so I think I am tracking the clicks and leads for each ad copies in my campaign.

Goo day everyone! ;)

Sounds good to me yes but first i'd test keywords etc to see where you are getting the most volume of clicks - then once you have them set, go test ad copy the way you are doing or give one copy a few days and then switch and record results.

It's great to see that you are testing, that's what this business is all about!

As K said I would look at the keywords to make sure you weed out any under performers, followed by ad copy.

There is no concrete method but you are definitely on the right lines and as long as you are tracking you can look at how they perform all at once or look at giving them a run.

Keep up the great work either way!

Thanks Guys...

I think I should pause the last 2 ad copies to maximize the exposure of the first adcopy.
Then track the things I will get , then weed out the things that is not good, before testing it with my other ad copies..

Thanks guys!
P.S. I am getting a lot of clicks from no keywords and no referrers stuff? Hmmm?

Good strategy but be careful that you are not driving up the bid price on yourself! Depends on the platform you're using but adjust your bids a little so they aren't competing against themselves. At say 3k - 5k impressions, check your CTR and cut the 2 losers. Look at your winner, and create 2 more ad copies along the same lines as the winner with some improvements, etc.

Hope that helps.

I am using 7search so the ad copies are all the same.
I think you are referring to media buys..
Actually, they are competing to each other.. so , I paused the other two. :D

I am using 7search so the ad copies are all the same.
I think you are referring to media buys..
Actually, they are competing to each other.. so , I paused the other two. :D
Sounds the most sensible answer. Test all 3 copies one week at a time and always try to improve the CTR.

Something I try when testing out multiple creative in that sense, is I run all for a day to see which gets the clicks, etc. The winner, I bid in the #1 position, second best I bid for it to be in the #2 position, and the third bid for it to be #3. Of course this depends how the system works.

MI
Back