The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Official Is Google Going to Regulate Trackers? How to Track Ad Campaigns From August 28, 2023

snake-biting-its-own-tail.jpeg

Never Ending Drama?
Dog Chasing GIF by Maryanne Chisholm - MCArtist

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that the Google certified domain in CPV One is working well now when used as a Tracking Template.

There were moments when the domains wasn't accepted in the Tracking Template in the past, but we've worked with Google on fixing this and everything is good now.

So if you want to test how tracking works with our Google certified domain, just signup for a free trial here:

We also have a setup guide on how Google campaigns with the certified domain should be configured here:
Can I use CPVONE's tracking to solve the problem of infested sites? I tried the link provided by CPVONE before, and the tracking template authentication issue was solved, but the infested site is still the problem. Changed multiple links and target URLs with similar issues.

Hi @aikohu ,

A tracking link can't solve the problem with infested sites.
Google is vigilant and they didn't add the click trackers and tracking template features for supporting malicious sites.

They started doing another review for the click trackers and they no longer accept that the intermediary redirects to be done to uncertified domains. They want transparency. So, there will be more restrictions there, because of this and not all affiliate links will be accepted by Google.

Still, the best way is to use a landing page and be compliant with Google policies.

For best results on Google Ads, we recommend that you use a setup with a landing page before the offer. This will be fully compatible with Google Ads and you won't have any problems in tracking visitors.

Direct linking on Google Ads is not something that they allow easily and you will most probably get inaccurate results with direct linking and you will have a high risk of getting your ads disapproved.

We have a video guide showing how to setup a landing page campaign for Google Ads here:

And another video for passing conversions to Google Ads automatically:

So I recommend that you setup things using a landing page and then everything will work fine in your Google Ads campaigns. This is what many of our users do with great results on Google and without having their ads disapproved.

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum but just stumbled across this thread while looking for a solution for my needs.

I have an affiliate marketing biz that has been doing direct to merchant linking from google to affiliate network urls via my own tracking url for many years now. For example, ads go from Adwords to mytracker to, for example, shareasale_url to merchant_offer.

All has been going just fine forever until last September when Google changed the rules again.

So I am now searching for a new google certified tracker that can work for me. I'm not trying to do anything black hat and never use cloakers and don't use landing pages. It's just straight google to my tracking url to affiliate network url to final url.

So I've tested about 30 different services from Google's list of certified Google click trackers at not_allowed and all seem to work just fine when it comes to sequential tracking, but all seem to be geared towards anti-click-fraud and none seem to know or understand the needs or affiliate marketers. So, with sequential tracking, for example, I can copy and paste the url into my browser. With all of them they allow me to set up a campaign which I call, for example, MerchantXYZ, and then I add the campaign url, again for example, let's say its shareasalexxx?aid=123 and then resultant url is something like cooltrackerxxx/clicker?cid=1&uid=2&force_transparent=true&url=htxx%3A%2F%2Fxxx shareasale xxx %3Faid%3D123

So if I copy and paste that url into my browser, or link to it from a website or banner, it all works fine, because sequential tracking is applied. But when I post it to Google and parallel tracking takes place, and the final url is MerchantXYZ, on the front end the user is whisked away to MerchantXYZ and on the back end, the user's browser goes to cooltrackerxxx/clicker?cid=1&uid=2&force_transparent=true&url=hxxxx%3A%2F%2Fxxxshareasalexxx%3Faid%3D123

The problem is that all these certified click tracker services only receive the traffic from google on the browser side and capture the user agent and referrer and keywords and gclid and all that, and it makes for nice reports, but nothing passes on to the affiliate network url and I don't get commissions. Most are like that, not all. Google does allow for provisions for other urls to be added subsequently, something they call nesting, and they give guidelines here: not allowed. The key to forwarding onwards here is that each successive nested url must also be from a google certified and approved click tracking domain. Luckily for me, most, like shareasale or cj or impact or similar, are approved.

All I want to do is be able to send traffic to the final url {lpurl} on the front end and then track the sale on the back end in parallel tracking by sending the user's browser along to certifiedtracker and then on to certified_tracker_affiliate_network where it is also tracked so I can get commission for the sale. I don't believe this is black hat or cause for suspensions at all. Like I said, I have been doing this for many years and I have many mccs and thousands of active accounts, all about 10-15 years old or more, and very few suspensions ever.

But what certified tracker will allow this? Will CPV? Will any others? I have thoroughly tested several and the best I have found so far was trackier but it's close but I can't get ads approved because of click tracker - unparseable tracking template. I am so close yet so far away! I am honestly devoting about 6-8 hours a day for about 7 weeks, not to mention about $8000 or more trying and testing trackers and testing ads, all to come up empty. Who can help???I'm happy to pay any reasonable price. I just don't think I've found anyone yet who comprehends the problem let alone can offer to solve it.

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
Who can help???I'm happy to pay any reasonable price. I just don't think I've found anyone yet who comprehends the problem let alone can offer to solve it.

Psudo Landing Pages

I am not sure if this would help in your situation with Google ads. However today I set up a warning page. Reading your post: I just got to thinking what were to happen if you had a PHP page that acted as a tracker but that the warning that appeared looked like it was a landing page? You could add the TOS and Privacy links to open in a new window without triggering the redirect.

Instead of being a warning page it would have a promotional text that was relevant to your offer and some special offer with a click now and that would take the viewer on to your direct link. Note: this was approved on the past.

When I programed this up today, I left the initial script intact with the tracking part and just output the HTML with heredoc.

ChatGPT was my code donkey, so no real sweat off my back :D, so here is a free excerpt to start with :)

PHP:
<?php

$page_location = 'https://example.com'; // Your dynamic page location

$htmlContent = <<<HTML
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Warning Overlay</title>
    <!-- Other head elements -->
</head>
<body>
<div id="overlay">
    <div id="warning-box">
        <!-- Warning message and other HTML content -->
        <button id="close-warning">YES! 18+</button>
        <button id="no-button">No</button>
    </div>
</div>

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
    $('#overlay').show();

$('#close-warning').click(function() {
        window.location.href = '{$page_location}';
    });

$('#no-button').click(function() {
        window.location.href = 'https://example.com';
    });
});
</script>
</body>
</html>
HTML;

echo $htmlContent;

// Additional PHP code for redirection script
echo "<!doctype html><head>";
include('/home/cams/100.domain.tld/public_html/g-a_100-domain-vip.js');
echo "<title>I cam out | {$click_location} | {$cid}</title>"; // Assuming $click_location and $cid are defined elsewhere

// This part is not necessary if the redirection is handled by the JavaScript above
// print "<script>";
// print "window.location.href= '{$page_location}';";
// print "</script>";

echo '<noscript><a href="./bot.php">Follow here</a></noscript>';
?>

For all intents and purposes, this does print HTML and you do get a browser normal looking code, with the exception of the overlay and the JavaScript to the actual location. If you location is already approved, as long as the actual location is the same as you have been using all along, with your previously tracking codes, theoretically it shouldn't be a problem.

Actually I would be interested for my own purposes, will something like this work?

My experience today was with low quality pop under traffic, but what I did notice, is that the warning page dropped my redirected through traffic into my website in half. That was expected as it is now actually clicked traffic and the with engagement was improved maybe 15%-20% in the flow pattern application.

It should be noted, that because of the quality of traffic being intrusive and not directly clicked like an SEM ad, this is the causation of the reduction. If you do try this I'd be interested to know what reduction you do see if any on your PPC ads. As well if it gets past moderation. I can track GA4 on my destination website ( a white label adult webcam industry product) however my own tracking is more identifying and detailed of the server request of the inbound traffic. The is no real PPI but there is better tracking for conversions --that is your whole point from what I surmise from your story.

Thanks but I’m not interested in making content sites and landing pages. It’s better no site at all. I want to make sure my final url is the same as the merchant url i.e.: the final one after clicking on the affiliate network url and going to the landing page. That ensures my CTRs are 100% as they redirect in a split second and my costs per click are low also. Thats the most important to me.

I may try it with PPC as adult content is required to have a over 18 warning page that was my reason for doing this --AUP so there is no work around.
Good luck try the approved trackers; Tip you need the paid version not a limited free version to see if they will work (it seems).

I may try it with PPC as adult content is required to have a over 18 warning page that was my reason for doing this --AUP so there is no work around.
Good luck try the approved trackers; Tip you need the paid version not a limited free version to see if they will work (it seems).
Yeah, I know all too well that I need the paid versions to test them, and have unhappily spent about $1000 per week since the first of the year trying them all, much of it on wasted ad spends, but still, all to no avail.

Then your solution is to convince your vendors/offers to include your gtag and use Google-Analytics. That is what Google wants you to do. Why Google publishes an approved tacker list and people come and complain seems strange.

It’s not that, just that the approved trackers are only interested in the segment that includes click fraud tools and not considering affiliates might want it too. So I’m sure one will eventually realize they’re leaving big money on the table by not doing it, as it’s just simple recoding and they have nothing to lose, especially that it’s not black hat or anything else that puts their click tracking approval at risk.

Then your solution is to convince your vendors/offers to include your gtag and use Google-Analytics. That is what Google wants you to do. Why Google publishes an approved tacker list and people come and complain seems strange.
This is what I am doing and it will work with google ads normal 'policies'. Rarely, in life can you have your cake and eat it too ;)

Hi guys, MaxConv is google-certified and we support 302 redirection, meta refresh with no referral...etc, check out here:

if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

MI
Back