The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

My new niche

JulieO

I first niche was a learning process. It failed, though I had a hunch it would but did it anyway.

Now I am ready to try it again. I was getting all excited while doing my research until it dawned on me?maybe not such a good niche. So I thought I would ask for opinions before I abonded the idea.

I would love to make a website on RV living. I have owned RVs in the past and now I am considering buying another one and living in it full time and will be doing a lot of research anyway.

However, I am having trouble coming up with ideas on the products I would actually promote. Satellite dishes is of course the first thing that comes to mind. I have other ideas swimming around in my head but I am not sure. Then I realized?people who live on the road in their motorhomes probably don?t order things online because they have no convenient way of receiving packages. But then again, not everyone actually lives on the road full time.

I?m just not sure. Any opinions I could get on this subject would be great.

Thanks,
Julie O.

Hi Julie,

Since I don't live in an RV or know anyone that does, the shipping thing didn't occur to me. That's a good point.

BUT other than that I think this might be a really good one. Especially if you are interested and have experience with the topic.

The main thing I see is that RVing appeals to boomers who are a very lucrative market. And I think I'm seeing some good search volume and relatively low competition. (after admittedly just a quick look and not in-depth research)

I scanned for RV affiliate program not expecting to find much and there is quite a lot that looks interesting.
RV affiliate program - Google Search

I scanned Wordtracker for RV keywords and for some reason RV furniture looked good to me.
Checked the competition and it looks fairly reasonable. allintitle: "RV furniture"
allintitle: "RV furniture" - Google Search

Here's a merchant that brags they sell "all things RV" including RV furniture and even RVs.
And they have an affiliate program. RV Supplies, RV Accessories & RV Parts - Camping World

The other thing I like about this market is - even thought the PRODUCT NICHE you are looking at is RV owners, the demographic is really Boomers and seniors. So you focus on the RV owners and get into the niche, but then you can sell anything non RV too that would appeal to seniors - like health and nutrition products for example.

Sorry, really tired, so those are just some really quick thoughts. But I definitely think it could be a good one for you.

This seems like a reasonably good niche to go after seeing as how you are part of that niche.

My advice would be to go where these RVers go to hang out online. In other words find a very active forum, register and become part of the community.

Once there, look for threads especially the really hot ones with multiple pages where people are asking for a solution to a problem. A problem indicates an angle where you can target your market.

Also look for what they are already buying and if you're a part of the community you can also ask questions like the one you have about online shopping and receiving goods.

You can find your target community online by doing a google search for rv + forums.

Jay

I would also start with forums and other such online communities. There you could gather much better targeted information since you all have the common interest of RVs. Good luck to you!

Starting out with forums is a great idea, plus you can also got to websites like
Ehow
Yahoo answers
Google groups
My space
Get to know what questions R.V people are asking and see what they all have in common other than ridding living on the road, what do they do online. other wise you have a great niche here. Go for it.

banners
Back