The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

MOBILE Newbie: My Journey from $0 to 7 Consecutive Days of $250 Profit

Toz

Affiliate
Hello everyone,
My name is Jeremy Lewis, and I'm a newbie!
I've been in and out of Internet/Affiliate Marketing for years, but have never achieved the level of success I desire. I've always had a lack of focus, a strong determination to procrastonate, and a dreadful lack of consistency. All these things have combined to create the ultimate barrier between me and success. It sucks.

I currently work a job that eats up the majority of my time, and pays me just well enough to have me not quit -- yet. ;-)

My goal of this journey, is to achieve the first level of success, in my eyes.

I will reach $250 profit, per day, for 7 straight days, to accomplish the mission of this journey, and I will make this happen by October 31st, "Halloween", 2014.

As my thread title suggests, this will be achieved via Mobile Marketing.

Allow me to be brutally honest about something... As of now, I don't know SHIT!

I've had to Google all these new terms I'd never heard of, before.
Verticals and Pixels and Creatives, etc....

I mean, I've heard of Pixels, but not like this..

Current Inventory:
As of right now, I have a Voluum account.
I'm registered with the MUNDO Media Affiliate Network, and have been approved.
I've found a couple verticals I'm interested in working with.
I'm registered with AirPush, as a traffic source, though I keep reading that they're quite expensive. I'm not sure if I should keep them or use a different location for traffic. Please tell me what you guys think about this.
This week, I have a traffic investment budget of $250 (since I purchased the Dojo Membership).
Future weeks will allow me $350.
And.... That's it...

Here are the largest challenges I face, right now (I think):
- I have absolutely no idea how to even begin a MUNDO Media campaign.
- I have absolutely no idea about what exactly needs to be done with the following 3 screens, nor the other tabs to the right of them:
fE1pvFN.png

HB6oGIY.png

htTc0sP.png

Once these things are learned, as well as whatever needs to be done with Voluum, of which I'll follow servandosilva's tutorial, I will begin to play around with different landing page styles/fonts/colors/layouts, using AirPush, or whichever traffic source would be more suitable for someone with a currently strict budget.

By the way, if my objective is to get people to perform certain actions at the landing pages, do I really need Creatives? I've been wondering about this.. Thanks

Hey bro. Nice start!

Let me know if you have any questions about Mundo and tracking in my dojo's thread. I run offers with them and everything works correctly.

Just a quick update,
I've decided to use Decisive as my traffic source to begin with.
While still interested in what AirPush has to offer, I believe I'd be best suited (now, at least), if I were to work with Decisive.
I was recently approved.
I have most of my Voluum tracking setup, however, there is a bit of a roadblock, as I've not yet learned how to actually begin a MUNDO Media Campaign.
Once I get this part figured out, I already have something I'd like to promote.

I'll help you in my full guide for voluum to setup Mundo Media bro. Please help me with the details on the dojo and we'll get you started ASAP.

Thank you,
I'll post my questions there, just as soon as I rephrase them to make sense.

My primary objective is to have a campaign up and running by no later than 24 hrs from now, but ideally, sooner.

Quick question...
For one of the MUNDO Media CPI Offers I'd like to promote, I came accross this:
Code:
Campaign Restrictions
No banners and text ads allowed other than the ones provided and approved by us. Affiliates must not use the word 'free' in any form of advertising for this product. No incent traffic. No App Discovery traffic allowed.
There are no PIXELS, REDIRECT URL, TRACKING URL, SMART REDIRECT, and IGNORE GEOIP tabs. Only the INFO tab exists for this offer. What does this mean for me? Am I not to use it, or how would I go about using it? How do I find the banners and text ads that they provide? How can I submit them one for approval?

Thanks,

Thank you,
I'll post my questions there, just as soon as I rephrase them to make sense.

My primary objective is to have a campaign up and running by no later than 24 hrs from now, but ideally, sooner.

Quick question...
For one of the MUNDO Media CPI Offers I'd like to promote, I came accross this:
Code:
Campaign Restrictions
No banners and text ads allowed other than the ones provided and approved by us. Affiliates must not use the word 'free' in any form of advertising for this product. No incent traffic. No App Discovery traffic allowed.
There are no PIXELS, REDIRECT URL, TRACKING URL, SMART REDIRECT, and IGNORE GEOIP tabs. Only the INFO tab exists for this offer. What does this mean for me? Am I not to use it, or how would I go about using it? How do I find the banners and text ads that they provide? How can I submit them one for approval?

Thanks,

Isn't there an apply button somewhere?
I've found some campaigns are locked (hence there are no buttons or extra options) and need to be unlocked by your manager.

When they're locked on MUNDO Media, it typically tells you it's a "Private" offer. This one simply lacks all the tabs that the others have. There are actually quite a few of them that leave out all the tabs of information. At first, I was under the impression that it could be a CPI thing, but I've checked several other CPIs, but some of the others have all the tabs, so I'm not sure.

I believe I MIGHT have everything setup correctly, to launch my first campaign. There's just one more thing that definitely needs to be done, and one possible URL adjustment that MIGHT need to be made... Let me explain...

Earlier, after clicking on my MUNDO Media Tracking URL, a new white-screen window opens with a popup, telling me I'm "a lucky winner". For kicks and giggles, I click "OKAY", and it proceeds to ask me 5 survey questions, for some odd reason, about how old I am, my gender, whether or not I shop online, my favorite color, and about which prize I'd like to win, from some random list of 3 items.. The thing is, NONE of the survey questions or this random stuff has anything to do with the fact that this is a CPI offer is for an Antivirus app.

WTF!?

So moving on, I answer the questions and select the random item, where I'm then sent to the next screen and asked about how many freaking triangles I see inside a large triangle.

WTF!?

Needless to say, I closed it, because it's not at all related to what the CPI offer was supposed to be about.

Question... Is this what I'm going to be sending people through, if I promote this offer???

On a much lighter note, I now understand how to make all these URLs, and in case I need to find a different product to market, as my first offer, I at least gained the knowledge to do it. I may need to, because I don't want to spam people with garbage that's not even related to what I'm trying to get people to install... Actually, I didn't even see the app that I was trying to get people to install, when I followed that URL. Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks,

it seems you were redirected to country redirect offer.
have you click preview offer button?
also you can enable bypass country redirect on mundo media, so you can see actual landing page of the offer

SWEET!!!

It's working!
:)
Now, I will build 5 banners and 5 LPs for it, and launch my first campaign, tomorrow, when I wake up!
With Decisive, you can't opt to only have either redirect or banner ONLY, in order to get to LP, can you?

Good morning, everyone (GMT -6 (USA CST))!
Actually, I've been up for hours, planning my day, reading tutorials on building effective LPs, how to use colors, AIDA, and other CPA strategies to help maximize both CTR and CPA, simultaneously. In fact, I don't think I really even slept.. I laid down with my eyes closed, sure, but my brain is going a mile a minute, and remember, I have an October 31st deadline to meet, while also working a fulltime job!

Before I get into everything, I will repeat the following affirmation, out loud, 10 times. Each time, I will mean it!

By October 31st, 2014, I will accomplish my goal of $250 profit, per day, for 7 consecutive days, and moving forward, I will continue to work smart and hard, and will never drop below $250 in a single day, again!

Now let's get onto it...
I keep receiving these daily emails of good offers, from MUNDO Media..
They seem great, but they also seem to always be "Private", and I'm unable to get them unlocked. It's likely because my AM is pretty much a ghost.

I suppose it's expected to have my AM not care about me, since I've not made him any money, yet, so I understand.

Now I will complete my landers and creatives, and will need to figure out how to have Decisive send people to my landing pages. I now know how to track what happens with my Offer Link, once someone clicks it on my lander.. I just now need to know how to send them to my landers. :)
Once I do this, I'll split test with my creatives & landers to see which combination of 5 & 5 work best, over the next couple days. From there, I will weed out what doesn't work, and keep what does! Hopefully I can get at least 1 of them to give me some positive ROI.
Because I've been investing so much money over the last few days, my initial budget will be lower than I had hoped to have. Oh well.. It should be sufficient enough to gather some data.

As a backup, I tried signing up to YeahMobi, but received the following email today:
Code:
Hi Jeremy,

We're sorry to inform you that your application has been rejected, please don't take this personally, we are just very selective with the partners we work with.

If you think we have done this in error, please contact us at xxxx.xxxx@yeahmobi.com.

Sincerely,

YeahMobi
^ Does this scare me off?

Not an effing chance!

Another delay... :(
I just rented a new VPS, and purchased a new domain.
This was completely my mistake. I should have already had these setup. No excuse.

I plan on driving massive amounts of traffic over the next few years, to this domain, and I don't want any of my landing pages to load sluggishly, so I figure I'd go ahead and get my VPS setup now, rather than wait until later, to do this. For all I know, I would have been hindering my initial sets of potential conversions, by having reduced speed of Shared Hosting, so best to get this out of the way, now.

So now, I'm waiting for propagation.

While waiting, however, I'm working on....
- Building 5 Landing Pages for my first mobile offer.

Question... In Decisive, where it says "Link", I'll place the URL to my corresponding LP, correct?
Question... In Decisive, when you upload your creatives, will it always use the creatives, or will it sometimes be a URL redirect?

SWEET!!!

It's working!
:)
Now, I will build 5 banners and 5 LPs for it, and launch my first campaign, tomorrow, when I wake up!
With Decisive, you can't opt to only have either redirect or banner ONLY, in order to get to LP, can you?

There's no redirect traffic on Decisive. It's all media buy with banners.

I just want to take a moment to thank everyone that's helped me, thus far! I know I'm just getting started, but I feel as if I'm certainly embarking on a major journey.
As of now, I'm still experiencing propagation issues. I was moved to a different VPS, and so of course my IP has changed. I set my Nameservers and hopefully my propagation will complete, soon.

If I can offer any advice to new people who may be reading this post in 2015 or 2016, please, please, PLEASE purchase your domain and rent your VPS as soon as you know that you're interested enough in Mobile Marketing, to want to dedicate your every free minute to learning more and more about it.

So after a multitude of back-and-forth with my webhost/registrar, we FINALLY have things worked out. The propagation is complete, and I've successfully got my VPS up and running!!! I'm extremely excited about this!

Everyone, please please please... PLEASE setup your VPS when you first decide to get serious with mobile marketing. I feel like 3 very precious days have been wasted because of this..

I will FINALLY be able to launch my first campaign...

Does anyone know if Decisive has future plans for providing redirect traffic?

I just launched my first two campaigns!!!
Well, they're not officially launched yet.. They need to first be approved, and then they will start running at the preset time I've chosen (I think)..

Stay tuned!!!...

UPDATE:
Well, I just woke up to a rejection email, from Decisive. Launch postponed... DAMN!

I really want to promote this offer, but I don't think I'll be able to do so, through Decisive.
I now have a decision to make.. Remove my deposit from Decisive or use a different offer.

Maybe you should take your money out of decisive, there is alot of better networks that have dirt cheap traffic that im sure can be easily monitized with CPI offers, find an network where you can redirect also, find some dirt cheap RON redirect traffic, and have a good offer/landing page, forget the banners for right now, im sure you dont have enough income to spend on testing, just find a good offer and find your best lander, and trust you should be good and ready to profit... you should take a look at iamattlia's blog just look him up on google so many tuts on CPI marketing, lists of traffic sources... sure it would be very helpful to you right now... give it a look. Keep me posted on what you decide to do... stay or not... and once you get started launching your campaigns, ill help you on the optimization part... Hope youre using Voluum:D Peace

MI
Back